Recruiting comments about Knox

mattd

I know we aren't suppose to post anything wihtout links but this is off of a premium board and I had to share this quote...it's good to hear this about our coaches.

"Coach Knox is a hell of a recruiter," said Joseph. "He did a great job. He never negatively recruited Freddie or said a bad thing about another school

What is negative recruiting? I understand saying bad things about another school... but how can you negatively recruit someone?

They're Bamar leans...and we try to get them NOT to come. DUH. B)

:au::homer:

What is negative recruiting? I understand saying bad things about another school... but how can you negatively recruit someone?

You just answered your own question.

Coach: Hey XXXXXX, you know that Coach XXXXXXXX won't be there more than 1 or 2 more years. Why don't you come here, because we have been around a long time and have no plans to change schools.

OR

Coach: Hey XXXXXXX, you know school X will be on probation soon, right? You don't want to go there with no chance of competing for championships.

Apparently you guys didn't understand what I said

He never negatively recruited Freddie or said a bad thing about another school

He says negatively recruited OR say a bad thing about another school... that would imply that there is something in addition to saying something bad about another school. So that leaves the open question of "what is negative recruiting" if it doesn't mean saying something negative about another school

Apparently you guys didn't understand what I said

He never negatively recruited Freddie or said a bad thing about another school

He says negatively recruited OR say a bad thing about another school... that would imply that there is something in addition to saying something bad about another school. So that leaves the open question of "what is negative recruiting" if it doesn't mean saying something negative about another school

He's a football coach. People say redundant things in conversations all the time.

Archived