Bammer Arrested

PChamp119

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy Elder arrested on a felony charge. Per Rivals.... anyone got the scoop? (other than ice cream)

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=775773

sucks......how stupid can someone be.

HE was arrested for robbery and the bail is set for $60,000. I hope he learns his lesson and is not back on the team.

As the report says, it's President's Day so releasing details may have to wait. I'd prefer to hear what this is all about first. On the surface, you assume the worst..arrested...$60K bond...so you initially think he screwed up. Could be...probably so. But, there's a lot that could be going on with this and he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I hope some of the comments are tempered until that happens.

Felony Charge... sounds serious.

Was / is this guy expected to make an impact on the team?

I agree, a felony is a huge deal......but as far as impact, im not really sure. He was a redshirt freshman this year. I looked at his recruiting profile from 2007 and he was a 2 star and was recruited by UGA, Bama, and one or two more. Not a highly sought after recruit, but good size and could turn into something good. I hate it for him and his teammates, but more than likely he deserves whats coming to him.

As the report says, it's President's Day so releasing details may have to wait. I'd prefer to hear what this is all about first. On the surface, you assume the worst..arrested...$60K bond...so you initially think he screwed up. Could be...probably so. But, there's a lot that could be going on with this and he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I hope some of the comments are tempered until that happens.

like you said, i think we can go ahead and jump to conclusions on this one. you don't get busted for robbery 1st unless they caught you red handed or they found out through investigation. and his bond is $120k according to BOL. this isn't like the BJ Scott arrest where you have to guess or wait for something to come out. the police don't go arresting somebody on a felony charge unless they are positive about it.

i don't get it, this kid has a full paid scholarship to a major university to do what he loves and get a college education and he screws it up. whatever the reason for robbery it would never outweigh the positives of his scholarship. well, here's saban's first crack at discipline this year. we'll see if he handles it better this year than last. if these charges hold up then he really has no choice.

like you said, i think we can go ahead and jump to conclusions on this one. you don't get busted for robbery 1st unless they caught you red handed or they found out through investigation. and his bond is $120k according to BOL. this isn't like the BJ Scott arrest where you have to guess or wait for something to come out. the police don't go arresting somebody on a felony charge unless they are positive about it.

from the rap sheet (irony noted)

According to the advisory posted on the UA police Web site Saturday night, two UA student reported that an unknown male approached them as they were walking to their car in the Small Group Housing parking lot shortly after 11:00 p.m.

The male had a gun, the students said, and took cash from one student. He then left on foot.

Neither student reported injuries.

A UA spokesman later identified the unknown male as Elder.

An advisory was posted Sunday announced that an arrest had been made, and no other suspects are being sought.

You guys had just better wait until Sabban's recruits get in there. I mean, that man is one great disciplinarian and wouldn't have such problems on his team with HIS recruits.

What? He was one of Sabban's recruits? As were the two arrested last summer? Well, it's all a part of the process aight?

You guys had just better wait until Sabban's recruits get in there. I mean, that man is one great disciplinarian and wouldn't have such problems on his team with HIS recruits.

What? He was one of Sabban's recruits? As were the two arrested last summer? Well, it's all a part of the process aight?

Elder was one of Saban's recruits. The two last year weren't.

what two are you talking about? if you're talking about the Deaderick/Fanney/Upchurch incident at the club, they were part of the 2005 signing class. if you're talking about Castille, he was part of the 2004 signing class. so i'm pretty sure CNS didn't recruit them.

So, Deadrick was a RFr last year? Oops, if true. My bad, aight!

So, Deadrick was a RFr last year? Oops, if true. My bad, aight!

http://alabama.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?s...year=2005#page1

again, they were signed in the 2005 class. Deaderick and Fanney were recruited by Sparky Woods, and Upchurch was recruited by Bob Connelly, all members of the old staff.

aight? aight then! ;)

Coach Saban speaks about this....

Quote....

“He is indefinitely suspended from all football-related activities,†Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said via a press release. “I won’t have an announcement on his future status until I have had a chance to review all of the information. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding legal issues of this magnitude.â€Â

Man, I sure did not know that Ice Cream Laundering was that big of Deal..... WOW

Archived