Bammer Arrested

PChamp119

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Satan's not gonna back off on suspensions any more. He WILL sit out the entire first quarter of the spring game. No exceptions!

It's the new :ua: tradishun.

+1 for you. if he's not kicked off the team, i'll be upset. something like this certainly warrants it.

As the report says, it's President's Day so releasing details may have to wait. I'd prefer to hear what this is all about first. On the surface, you assume the worst..arrested...$60K bond...so you initially think he screwed up. Could be...probably so. But, there's a lot that could be going on with this and he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I hope some of the comments are tempered until that happens.

like you said, i think we can go ahead and jump to conclusions on this one. you don't get busted for robbery 1st unless they caught you red handed or they found out through investigation. and his bond is $120k according to BOL. this isn't like the BJ Scott arrest where you have to guess or wait for something to come out. the police don't go arresting somebody on a felony charge unless they are positive about it.

from the rap sheet (irony noted)

According to the advisory posted on the UA police Web site Saturday night, two UA student reported that an unknown male approached them as they were walking to their car in the Small Group Housing parking lot shortly after 11:00 p.m.

The male had a gun, the students said, and took cash from one student. He then left on foot.

Neither student reported injuries.

A UA spokesman later identified the unknown male as Elder.

An advisory was posted Sunday announced that an arrest had been made, and no other suspects are being sought.

That's unfortunate. I guess the UAT player's salaries have been negatively impacted by the lucrative contract that $atan signed. :no: What's next, panhandling outside the womens gymnastic meets?

Someone on rivals is posting that he saw Elder at the KA house around the time that these people were robbed. Could be mistaken identity, could not be. Who knows. I guess we will just have and see.

As the report says, it's President's Day so releasing details may have to wait. I'd prefer to hear what this is all about first. On the surface, you assume the worst..arrested...$60K bond...so you initially think he screwed up. Could be...probably so. But, there's a lot that could be going on with this and he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I hope some of the comments are tempered until that happens.

like you said, i think we can go ahead and jump to conclusions on this one. you don't get busted for robbery 1st unless they caught you red handed or they found out through investigation. and his bond is $120k according to BOL. this isn't like the BJ Scott arrest where you have to guess or wait for something to come out. the police don't go arresting somebody on a felony charge unless they are positive about it.

So much for the judicial process, Constitutional rights, etc. As someone who is married to a defense attorney, I can tell you the police go around arresting people all the time. Sometimes it is warranted, sometimes it is not.

Per your logic, the more serious a crime someone is charged with, the higher liklihood that they committed the crime?

So much for the judicial process, Constitutional rights, etc. As someone who is married to a defense attorney, I can tell you the police go around arresting people all the time. Sometimes it is warranted, sometimes it is not.

Per your logic, the more serious a crime someone is charged with, the higher liklihood that they committed the crime?

i'm fine with judicial process and Constitutional rights, etc. but from a public view perspective, most people would surmise that you wouldn't get arrested for something so serious unless they were very certain you did it. as someone who works at a police department, i can also tell you the police arrest people all the time. its sort of what they do. however, they don't go around smacking two felony charges for robbery 1st on somebody with bond at $60k a charge unless the have a really good reason.

As Ashanderi stated earlier, some reports have him with a possible alibi. Probably BS, but.... That's why I still say let's see what the actual evidence is and what he pleas before we rip this kid and Bammer and Saban a new one.

if he's only a 2 star recruit, he's certainly gonna be gone from the team.

Post of the day. I've read in this thread a few times from the bammers that they want him kicked off the team. But my guess would be if he was an impact player that they would want a much lighter punishment. Anyone else see the double standard? I.E. D.J. Hall and others.

But my guess would be if he was an impact player that they would want a much lighter punishment. Anyone else see the double standard? I.E. D.J. Hall and others.

i'll take "Don't put words in my mouth" for $1000, Alex!

you're trying to ridicule us for something that hasn't even been said. if DJ Hall held up two people with a gun, yeah he would need to be off the team.

But my guess would be if he was an impact player that they would want a much lighter punishment. Anyone else see the double standard? I.E. D.J. Hall and others.

you're trying to ridicule us for something that hasn't even been said. if DJ Hall held up two people with a gun, yeah he would need to be off the team.

Oh stop, you know he has no more eligibility left. :big:

Oh stop, you know he has no more eligibility left. :big:

they're doing crazy things with numbers these days..... ;)

I never quoted you, I said some bammer fans. But is this still part of the "Process"?

This guy is gone for sure (if the ID hold true). saban needs all of the schollys he can get to give to this large class. Also hearing that a number of schollys will be freed up due to changing some players from football scholly to university scholly due to "medical" reasons. This has been discussed in other topics.

Is anyone here actually surprised by this? Julio is up to his neck in a murder trial,

players arrested regularly out "partying", now 2nd. degree robbery, etc.

If this is what the "NO.1 RECRUITING CLASS IN AMERICA" looks like and acts

like, thanks, but no thanks. How much does it matter how many stars they had

if they are in Holman or Draper Prisons? PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!

I could go on but there WILL be other opportunities, no doubt.

:cheer::au::cheer:

War Eagle, ya'll!

6 in a row, and still counting!

The University can do nothing permanent to this kid UNTIL he has been given a fair trial. All they can do is suspend him from the team until further notice, which Saban has already done. He can't be dismissed from the team OR his scholarship until he is found guilty.

Is anyone here actually surprised by this? Julio is up to his neck in a murder trial,

War Eagle, ya'll!

Julio is up to his neck in a murder trial?? Hardly.

Jeremy Elder wasn't part of the "NO.1 RECRUITING CLASS IN AMERICA". Nice try though.

I never quoted you, I said some bammer fans. But is this still part of the "Process"?

no, you didn't say "some" bammer fans. you said "bammers", implying all Alabama fans.

War Eagle, ya'll!

JJ is a witness for the prosecution, i would hardly call that "up to his neck" in it. there are plenty of times i have had to go to a trial and my "witness testimony" lasted all of 2 minutes.

no, you didn't say "some" bammer fans. you said "bammers", implying all Alabama fans.

Ok "some" not all, better?

But you failed to answer my question, is this still part of the "Process"?

yes, this is part of the process. CNS outlined this very early in his tenure at UA that to have a successful program, all members of the team must commit felonies. he believes this builds great character and makes them a better person in life. and he's so right. kids that commit felonies have alot to offer any Div-I college football program.

i didn't answer it in the first place because i assumed that since it was such a dumb question, it had to have been rhetorical. my mistake.

yes, this is part of the process. CNS outlined this very early in his tenure at UA that to have a successful program, all members of the team must commit felonies. he believes this builds great character and makes them a better person in life. and he's so right. kids that commit felonies have alot to offer any Div-I college football program.

i didn't answer it in the first place because i assumed that since it was such a dumb question, it had to have been rhetorical. my mistake.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

:roflol:

But not a dumb question.

Archived