A Day 101

JB33

Haven't been to A-Day in years, and I've forgotten what procedures (if any) apply. If anyone can help me with info on any of the following, I'd appreciate it.

1. Tickets - Can you buy them in advance, or do you just walk up? (Or do you buy tickets at all?)

2. Parking - Will any of the regular season parking rules / restrictions (or any other rules) be in effect Saturday?

3. Running time - I know the actual game time is shorter (12 min quarters - and running clock?), but about how long will the game last? (i.e., About what time will the game end?)

Again, thanks for any assistance!

WAR EAGLE!!

:au:

Haven't been to A-Day in years, and I've forgotten what procedures (if any) apply. If anyone can help me with info on any of the following, I'd appreciate it.

1. Tickets - Can you buy them in advance, or do you just walk up? (Or do you buy tickets at all?)

2. Parking - Will any of the regular season parking rules / restrictions (or any other rules) be in effect Saturday?

3. Running time - I know the actual game time is shorter (12 min quarters - and running clock?), but about how long will the game last? (i.e., About what time will the game end?)

Again, thanks for any assistance!

WAR EAGLE!!

:au:

1. Buy tix like you're at a high school game. Walk up to the counter at the stadium, plop down your $5 and get an "Admit One", carnival-style ticket. They'll tear it as you go into the stadium.

2. No parking restrictions. They will likely put up barricades to redirect traffic, but any parking restrictions will either be clearly marked or non-existant.

3. I'd give about 2.5 hours for the game. A-day starts at 1pm. Auburn vs. UT baseball starts at 3pm. I'd expect a slight overlap in the two events.

One thing I'll add about tickets, yes you can buy them in advance at the ticket office in the coliseum and the local book stores. I suggest, if you can, get your tickets early just to miss the crowd buying the them at the stadium.

More details:

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/03/..._a_busy_on.html

A-Day weekend will be busy on Auburn campus

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times March 24, 2008 3:19 PM

Categories: Baseball, Football, Softball, Tennis

Here is some information provided by Auburn's media relations department on Saturday's A-Day game and the events surrounding it:

* Tickets for the game are $5 and will be available for purchase at the west will-call booth on the west side of Jordan-Hare Stadium and at the southeast ticket booth on the east side of the stadium. The Lettermen's Club will also be selling tickets at stations outside the east and west open gates.

* Auburn students presenting a valid ID will receive free admission and will enter at the student gates on the stadium's east side.

* Tickets may be purchased at the Auburn Ticket Office located at Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum this week from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tickets are also available at the Auburn University Bookstore, Anders Bookstore, Big Blue Bookstore and both J&M Bookstore locations.

* Gates will open at 11 a.m. on both the west and east sides of the stadium. On the west side, Gates 12, 13, 15 and 16 will be open. On the east side, Gates 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be open.

* General public seating will be available in the lower bowl of Jordan-Hare Stadium with the exception of sections 37-44 (north end zone). Both upper decks will be closed.

* The game will feature four 12-minute quarters.

* The first-team offense will represent the blue team and the second-team offense will score points for the white team.

* The game will be televised on tape delay by Comcast Sports Southeast. Re-air dates are scheduled for Saturday at 6 p.m. and next Thursday at 6 p.m.

* The Tiger Team Village, featuring interactive games and other activities, will be open on the coliseum lawn from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The Tiger Team Village is free and open to the public.

* The Auburn baseball, softball and men's tennis teams will allb e in action at home during A-Day weekend. The baseball team will host Tennessee for a three-game series at Plainsman Park. Games are at 6 p.m. Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Single-game tickets are available for $10.

* The softball team also hosts Tennessee ,with the series starting Saturday with a doubleheader at 4 p.m. Sunday's game at Jane B. Moore Field begins at 1 p.m. Admission is free.

* Auburn's men's tennis team will host Tennessee on Friday at 5 p.m. and Georgia on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Yarbrough Tennis Center. Admission is free.

* The A-Day game will be broadcast on the following radio stations: Abbeville, WESZ 98.7-FM; Auburn-Opelika, WKKR 97.7-FM ; Birmingham, WJOX 100.5-FM; Fairhope, WABF 1220-AM; Foley, WHEP 1310-AM; Fort Payne, WZOB 1250-AM; Gadsden, WGAD 930-AM; Guntersville, WTWX 95.9-FM; Roanke/LaGrange, WELR 102.3-FM; Selma, WDXX 100.1-FM and Talladega/Anniston, WTDR 92.7-FM

One question:

How will we find enough healthy running backs by Saturday to field two teams?

You might hold off buying A-Day game tickets until near game time unless you are prepared for rain. The weather forecast is a good possibility of thunderstorms. I was just by the ticket office getting tickets for Friday's baseball game but decided to hold off on the FB game for now.

Man it's a beautiful Spring day in Auburn. Dogwoods and azaleas blooming. Wish it waqs A-Day today.

You might hold off buying A-Day game tickets until near game time unless you are prepared for rain. The weather forecast is a good possibility of thunderstorms. I was just by the ticket office getting tickets for Friday's baseball game but decided to hold off on the FB game for now.

Man it's a beautiful Spring day in Auburn. Dogwoods and azaleas blooming. Wish it waqs A-Day today.

Good chance of rain? It's a 20% chance. The local weather just said that the showers will be "merely teasing us for the next few days." Don't count on rain.

You probably already know this, JB, but unlike you last outing to an A-day game you will no longer have an opportunity to get autographs afterwards.

Good chance of rain? It's a 20% chance. The local weather just said that the showers will be "merely teasing us for the next few days." Don't count on rain.

Well at 9am today (Thursday morning), the national weather service says 60% chance. That's a pretty fair chance.

Archived