Lee Tilley

The Prowler

Lee Tilley has left the team and will not return. This coming from the man himself, CTT. I don't have the link yet, but it has been reported on the Premium Rivals page talking about the Wednesday's Practice...under Quick Hitter.

Not good to lose linemen. Any word on why he has chosen to leave? And was he a freshman? I am a little vague on this guy as well.

Not good to lose linemen. Any word on why he has chosen to leave? And was he a freshman? I am a little vague on this guy as well.

I think he would have been a sophmore this season. He would have never been close to playing time. He was a four star prospect but was considered a "project" coming out of high school because he had only played a year or two of football. He never seemed to turn it on when he got here. He almost went home soon after he came down because he was homesick. I think his size was his greatest asset in high school, but in this offense it is probably a liability for him.

Oh well, I wish him the best. Hopefully, he can find a program where he can contribute.

It's always a gamble when we sign a kid from as far away as Ohio, assessing their level of maturity is hard coming out of high school. It's yet another reason for trying to get kids closer to home who know the importance of football in the deep south and understand the rivalries. Of course this is NOT always the case. Tennessee has a history of signing kids from the west coast but look at the problems they have with kids as well. Just my observation....

Watched practice a couple of times and even though the young man was big, he was not muscular like our other lineman. His Not very much quickness either. I think this would have been his third year. I just don't think he was making any progress towards contributing. Good luck to him though

Lee Tilley has left the team and will not return. This coming from the man himself, CTT. I don't have the link yet, but it has been reported on the Premium Rivals page talking about the Wednesday's Practice...under Quick Hitter.

I had high hopes for Tilley, I wish him well

Archived