Nebraska Dethrones bama

Proud Tiger

Bama has lost it's NC for Spring games to Nebraska, The Cornhuskers had 81.000 at this years N-Day game. While the attendance is not quite as much as bama's 92,000 last year The stadium is smaller), Nebraska fans paid good money to see the game. Reserved seats were $10 and general admission was $8. On game day, brokers were selling tickets for as much as $95 to the sell out. IMO this is much more impressive than 92,00 freebies so I believe the "trophy" goes to Nebraska until someone does better. Way to go Huskers!!!

http:/sports.yahoo.com

Enter BG, and scissors with the "we really don't care about that" BS.

:roflol:

My thought exactly. I can't wait. I'm felling so petty tonight :big:

10, 9, 8, 7.......

I think the fact that recruits CONSTANTLY mention our A Day support, I'd say it's great when a team's fans come out to A Day like that.

Predictable as can be.

Our guys talk about the real games. In fact they been doing that more regular for the last six years.

I think the fact that recruits CONSTANTLY mention our A Day support, I'd say it's great when a team's fans come out to A Day like that.

Predictable as can be.

Our guys talk about the real games. In fact they been doing that more regular for the last six years.

Can you win games without getting recruits?

Funny, you guys make fun of us for putting the cart first...now we are talking about the horse...and we get blasted for that too.

Nice.

Predictable as can be.

Can you win games without getting recruits?-of course not but it looks like we've doing pretty good for a long time, this year included. we met or needs and the barn is well stocked.

Funny, you guys make fun of us for putting the cart first...now we are talking about the horse...and we get blasted for that too.--who said anythng about carts or horses. I was talking about winning FB games.

Nice.--thank you and good night to all.

of course not but it looks like we've doing pretty good for a long time, this year included. we met or needs and the barn is well stocked.

Is this thread about Auburn?

Why so defensive?

Enter BG, and scissors with the "we really don't care about that" BS.

My thought exactly. I can't wait. I'm felling so petty tonight :big:

10, 9, 8, 7.......

quite petty, apparently. if another team can get attendance like that, more power to them. there are other schools with bigger stadiums, so its only a matter of time until another team beats the 92,000+ figure i'm sure.

Perfect. There has never been a more perfect canned BG response and argument....

..and he says WE'RE predictable.

Any recruit thinking of ANY school talks about A-Day games, or N-Day games, or Michigan spring games, Florida spring games....

This isn't anything new BG... Besides, 92K and "excitement" about the season brought you a .500 record, including a loss to LA-Monroe. ..and to think that you guys are somehow poised for some freak like All American Freshman Recruit Team of the Century on the field is laughable as of yet.

You guys pull two sub-par seasons in a row, maybe even a third, and allllll you'll have to talk about is the time you pulled 92K for a spring game, and how you once bought a T-shirt commemarating a Recruiting NC you rewarded yourselves.

quite petty, apparently. if another team can get attendance like that, more power to them. there are other schools with bigger stadiums, so its only a matter of time until another team beats the 92,000+ figure i'm sure.

As fun as playing with yourselves must be...

Most people look at having goal of 92K for a spring game as equal to the goal of becoming a police dispatcher for the rest of their lives while playing outdated video games.

Thumbs up buddies!

We'll continue to make fun and recognize the number in the record books that counts, and that's Six in a row AND COUNTING!... You guys keep celebrating in the spring, we'll keep celebrating in the fall.

Most people look at having goal of 92K for a spring game as equal to the goal of becoming a police dispatcher for the rest of their lives while playing outdated video games.

Thumbs up buddies!

We'll continue to make fun and recognize the number in the record books that counts, and that's Six in a row AND COUNTING!... You guys keep celebrating in the spring, we'll keep celebrating in the fall.

so what exactly do you do for a living so maybe i can mock that? as usual, you can't have a decent conversation with anybody without making personal swipes.

Was it last year when ESPN Gameday setup in T-town? ESPN claiming it was the largest crowd to ever attend the Gameday production. The bammers thumped their chests bragging about it at work.

Then it was like two weeks later Gameday went to Nebraska and Nebraska breaks the record. Then the bammers come to work proclaiming it isn't fair to compare because Nebraska had Gameday setup inside the stadium on the field and Saban can't allow that since UAT doesn't have sprin turf.

Ole Miss > Nebraska > UAT

Thumbs up buddies!

so what exactly do you do for a living so maybe i can mock that? as usual, you can't have a decent conversation with anybody without making personal swipes.

Chop works in big time adult films, including girls and cups?

Yawn......good morning everybody. I see RWS came in right on cue after I left last night, right behind his alter ego BG03. Sorry guys but all the whining doen't change the facts contained in the first post of the thread.

Giving facts to a bammer is like spraying Roundup on weeds.

You get what you ask for scissors. You put it out there that you have "such a good job I can post from here" type posts, and VWALLA!.... a ribbing or two from your RIVALS...

Get over it and put your big boy britches back on...wipe that tear away. :thumbsup:

Bama has lost it's NC for Spring games to Nebraska, The Cornhuskers had 81.000 at this years N-Day game. While the attendance is not quite as much as bama's 92,000 last year The stadium is smaller), Nebraska fans paid good money to see the game. Reserved seats were $10 and general admission was $8. On game day, brokers were selling tickets for as much as $95 to the sell out. IMO this is much more impressive than 92,00 freebies so I believe the "trophy" goes to Nebraska until someone does better. Way to go Huskers!!!

http:/sports.yahoo.com

Hey if it had to be someone, I'm glad it was Nebraska. These are some of the nicest fans that I have ever seen. The first big time game that Troy ever played in, we went to Nebraska, and to say that such a large stadium and crowd was scary is putting it lightly. These fans clap when the opposing team comes on the field instead of booing, and they claped loudly for our band. I thought it was just to make a small school feel better, but I later found out that they do that for every team that comes there. To me they show what it is to not only be a fan of your school, but to make your school proud of how their fans behave. They love the game, and are really good sports.

I'm glad that we had 78,000+ at our Agame. It was a fun day, and the fans that were there enjoyed the day, and that is what it is supposed to be about. Coach Saban asked for a large turn out, and I think that is what he got. It was not a full house, but it was a very large crowd, and I think that the players appreciated it. We might not have been as many as last year, but I think we were just as loud.

Predictable as can be.

Can you win games without getting recruits?

Wait, we're not getting recruits? Somebody alert the media! We're not getting any recruits!!!

On the other hand, I think Phillip Marshall points out that if you're basing how good your class is on recruiting rankings, that might not be the best measure. I think we have a staff that has proven to be excellent evaluators of talent regardless of what the Scouts and Rivals of the world rank them:

Just out of curiosity and because I know there's always an appetite for football talk out there, I decided to see how highly ranked the recruiting classes were that made up Auburn's unbeaten 2004 team.

According to Scout.com, Auburn recruiting was rated No. 11 in 2002, No. 16 in 2003 and No. 31 in 2004. I couldn't find a full rankings list for 2000 and 2001, but I did find a Sports Illustrated top 10 lists for those two years that did not include Auburn. So, as best I can tell, that team did not include a single top 10 recruiting class.

What it did include was four players - Jason Campbell, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Carlos Rogers - who were drafted in the first round the following spring. It included Marcus McNeil, who would play in the Pro Bowl as a rookie after being drafted in the second round, and Ben Grubbs, who was a first-round pick in 2007. If Quentin Groves goes in the first round this year, that will be another one. Numerous other players from that team are on NFL rosters. In short, the 2004 Tigers had great talent, recruiting class rankings notwithstanding.

The 2008 team is a little easier to quantify. It will include players from the classes of 2004 through 2008. According to Scout.com, the Tigers were No. 31 in 2004, No. 22 in 2005, No. 9 in 2006, No. 6 in 2007 and No. 18 in 2008. We'll see how that adds up on the field.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/04/...admit_that.html

Winning one year of recruiting battles in a year of immeasurable media hype and realistic offers of quick playing time don't exactly mean we won't be getting the recruits going forward. But as Marshall pointed out, this staff managed to put together an undefeated team out of classes with an average ranking of around 19th and no top ten classes.

I think we'll be just fine.

Wait, we're not getting recruits? Somebody alert the media! We're not getting any recruits!!!

On the other hand, I think Phillip Marshall points out that if you're basing how good your class is on recruiting rankings, that might not be the best measure. I think we have a staff that has proven to be excellent evaluators of talent regardless of what the Scouts and Rivals of the world rank them:

Why do you people continue to make this about Auburn? I was talking about BAMA getting recruits. We had a good recruiting year (that can't be argued), and most of the recruits mentioned in their interviews how impressed they were with our ADay turnout.

Then we get chastised about mentioning it helping recruiting because "at Auburn we talk about winning real games"...well you have to crawl before you can walk (metaphor PT so don't get confused). And we haven't had the talent to win too many games the last few years. So we are excited that we are finally bringing in some top tier talent at all positions. And ADay helped with that.

Nobody said anything about Auburn.

Why do you people continue to make this about Auburn? I was talking about BAMA getting recruits. We had a good recruiting year (that can't be argued), and most of the recruits mentioned in their interviews how impressed they were with our ADay turnout.

We could try and get other schools to give you examples of why recruiting rankings don't always matter when it comes to the translated talent hitting the field BG, but being an Auburn board, it's what WE know and use as an example. It just also happens to be a great example of why your excitement and outwardly aggressive behavior (maybe not so much by you specifically, but by a major number of your fans...yes) because of nothing but a bunch of HS players that MIIIIIIIGHT SOMEDAY equal something, is fantastically retarded.

Then we get chastised about mentioning it helping recruiting because "at Auburn we talk about winning real games"...well you have to crawl before you can walk (metaphor PT so don't get confused). And we haven't had the talent to win too many games the last few years. So we are excited that we are finally bringing in some top tier talent at all positions. And ADay helped with that.

I'm glad you're excited BG, as I said above, a lot of your fan base has lost their collective minds though over what's happening with recruiting and equating it to success on the field already, and I have to tell you, it's going to be beautiful to watch the first time you guys get beat by some Gooberish opponent again.

Get used to it, it happens a lot on Auburn forums. :roflol:

Well, when someone mentions something about us winning games rather than winning attendance battles, and you respond with "can you win without recruits?," I don't think it's a crazy assumption to think you're making a comment about SaBear taking all the good recruits and insinuating that us winning the games is about to end. That's what I responded to.

Well, when someone mentions something about us winning games rather than winning attendance battles, and you respond with "can you win without recruits?," I don't think it's a crazy assumption to think you're making a comment about SaBear taking all the good recruits and insinuating that us winning the games is about to end. That's what I responded to.

I know, again, somebody made it about Auburn when I hadn't. My comment about winning without players is saying that I/we are excited because getting players is the first step.

I'm trying to temper my outlook, and not get ahead of myself...just like you guys say we SHOULD do...and I'm still getting blasted for it.

Awesome.

I know, again, somebody made it about Auburn when I hadn't. My comment about winning without players is saying that I/we are excited because getting players is the first step.

I'm trying to temper my outlook, and not get ahead of myself...just like you guys say we SHOULD do...and I'm still getting blasted for it.

Awesome.

Tissue?

Archived