Nebraska Dethrones bama

Proud Tiger

Wait, we're not getting recruits? Somebody alert the media! We're not getting any recruits!!!

On the other hand, I think Phillip Marshall points out that if you're basing how good your class is on recruiting rankings, that might not be the best measure. I think we have a staff that has proven to be excellent evaluators of talent regardless of what the Scouts and Rivals of the world rank them:

Why do you people continue to make this about Auburn? I was talking about BAMA getting recruits. We had a good recruiting year (that can't be argued), and most of the recruits mentioned in their interviews how impressed they were with our ADay turnout.

Then we get chastised about mentioning it helping recruiting because "at Auburn we talk about winning real games"...well you have to crawl before you can walk (metaphor PT so don't get confused). And we haven't had the talent to win too many games the last few years. So we are excited that we are finally bringing in some top tier talent at all positions. And ADay helped with that.

Nobody said anything about Auburn.

Well, when someone mentions something about us winning games rather than winning attendance battles, and you respond with "can you win without recruits?," I don't think it's a crazy assumption to think you're making a comment about SaBear taking all the good recruits and insinuating that us winning the games is about to end. That's what I responded to.

Exactly. He just don't get it. The first post in the thread was about spring games attendance. It said nothing about recruiting and didn't mention Auburn. But BG chimed in with a post regarding how it help bama recruiting (nobody said it didn't) and that lead the thread astray.

Now he wants to point the blame elsewhere, as is his usual MO.

Bama has lost it's NC for Spring games to Nebraska, The Cornhuskers had 81.000 at this years N-Day game. While the attendance is not quite as much as bama's 92,000 last year The stadium is smaller), Nebraska fans paid good money to see the game. Reserved seats were $10 and general admission was $8. On game day, brokers were selling tickets for as much as $95 to the sell out. IMO this is much more impressive than 92,00 freebies so I believe the "trophy" goes to Nebraska until someone does better. Way to go Huskers!!!

http:/sports.yahoo.com

I really don't care, but Nebraska has not even had their N-Day spring game yet. They may have sold that many tickets, but wo knows who will show up.

59th Annual Nebraska Spring Game

Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m.

Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Neb.)

Archived