Saudi King extends invite to Jews for interfaith meet

Tigermike

Iran's Press TV claims Holocaust 'scientifically impossible'

Iran's Press TV, an English-language 'news channel' set up by the Iranian government to offer 'unbiased' reporting and 'in-depth and complete analyses of current affairs,' has an article on its web site that claims that the Holocaust was 'scientifically impossible.' The article was written by Nicolas Kollerstrom, an academic who specializes in astrology and crop circles whose contract was terminated by University College in London last month. I won't link the article so as not to increase their traffic, but I will tell you that I have seen it and that it is dated May 18, which means that it has been on the web site for more than a week.

In the article, titled "The Walls of Auschwitz‚" Kollerstrom argues that "the alleged massacre of Jewish people by gassing during World War II was scientifically impossible."

Kollerstrom's work is also hosted on the Web site of the Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust‚ which also promotes the works of Holocaust deniers David Irving of England and Ernst Zundel of Germany.

In an article on the site, titled "The Auschwitz 'Gas Chamber' Illusion," Kollerstrom writes that only a million Jews died in the war and that "the only intentional mass extermination program in the concentration camps of World War Two was targeted at Germans."

The article concludes by saying: "The UN has now established its annual Holocaust Remembrance Day on 27 January, as of 2006. On this anniversary, we all need to mull over the faking of history and the Greatest Lie Ever Told. As Perseus gazed at the Medusa only via a mirror, to avoid being petrified, so, too, we need calm reflection and the power of Truth to avoid our collective destruction."

Press TV has ignored all protests against the article.

Gavin Gross, public affairs director at the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland, who has appeared in debates on the Iranian channel, wrote to Yvonne Ridley at Press TV, saying: "I can understand that Press TV takes a strong line against Israel, but Holocaust denial is another thing entirely. Nicholas Kollerstrom had his research fellowship terminated by University College, yet Press TV has called him a 'distinguished academic' and published his work."

"Iran sponsors both Holocaust denial and Press TV, so this filth should come as no surprise," said Mark Gardner, director of communications at the Community Security Trust, which provides security for British Jews and represents the community to police, government and media on anti-Semitism and security issues.

"Press TV has the façade of a respectable media outlet, but this shows them for what they really are," Gross said.

According to its Web site, Press TV's vision is "embracing and building bridges of cultural understanding; encouraging human beings of different nationalities, races and creeds to identify with one another."

Despite repeated requests, Press TV declined to comment.

Next, Press TV will have some Neturei Karta representatives on to agree with them. Disgusting....

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2008/05/i...-holocaust.html

Saudi King extends invite to Jews for interfaith meet

By Shlomo Shamir, Haaretz Correspondent

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has sent an invitation to the World Jewish Congress for an interfaith dialogue with Muslim and Christian leaders, Haaretz has learned.

While the date and location of the meeting has not been announced, sources have told Haaretz that King Abdullah seeks to hold the meet in Saudi Arabia, no small feat as the country is ruled by Islamic Sharia law and currently does not allow the entry of holders of Israeli passports or those whose passports bear entry visas from Israel. The country also bans all non-Muslim prayer in public.

WJC President Ronald Lauder issued a statement Monday saying that "despite all the obstacles that may still be in the way, King Abdullah's initiative is a laudable step forward. We hope that other religious leaders and political leaders throughout the world will be encouraged to join." WJC Governing Board Chair Matthew Brofmann also praised the initiative and expressed his hope that it will "spell real progress in fostering better understanding with the Muslim world," and added that the WJC "is ready to participate in any interfaith talks that are meant towards mutual respect."

Abdullah first announced his plans to hold the meet during a public address in Riyadh in March, where he said "I plan, god willing, to hold summits - not just one - so as to hear the opinion of my Muslim brothers all over the world. We will start to meet with our brothers in every faith I have mentioned - the bible and the New Testament."

King Abdullah said the kingdom's top clerics had given him the green light to pursue the idea.

In response to the Saudi initiative, Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi Yona Metzger at the time said, "our hands are extended to any peace initiative, or to any dialogue whose goal is to bring an end to terror and violence. I have said many times that the true way to reach the long-awaited peace is through interfaith dialogue."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/987206.html

Archived