Nick Fairley has Committed to.......

The Prowler

AUBURN. Woooooooo!!!!!!

War Damn Eagle. The Train is picking up steam. Man, I can't wait until kickoff.

His announcement was at his former HS @ 3 pm.....the After Party is set for 5 pm @ the Midtown Market.

http://auburn.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

His recommitment... so does this count towards this recruiting class or the great class of 07 (sarcasm for you that care about stars and rankings that don't seem to care about those who don't qualify).

This years class is doing well... but how many will be showing up in 2011 instead? You definitely can't judge a class just by who says they are coming.

His recommitment... so does this count towards this recruiting class or the great class of 07 (sarcasm for you that care about stars and rankings that don't seem to care about those who don't qualify).

This years class is doing well... but how many will be showing up in 2011 instead? You definitely can't judge a class just by who says they are coming.

He'll be in one of your future sig. photos. B)

He was talked about last year, as being as dominate in the inside as Glenn Dorsey was these past two years....and he was a Freshman last year. He redshirted last year to get his books in order. Now, he says that he's going to show everyone what kind of force that AU will be getting. If he graduates early from Co-Lin, he could be counted towards last years class....if we have the room, remember no one can bring in more than 25 in a year.

I for one, Love the JUCO or Prep route. It helps the player learn how to deal with being away from the comfort of Home, college classes, as well as playing a sort of mid level football....plus it molds them into being a D1 player. JUCO and Prep School are basically farm leagues. And if AU or uat sign over their alloted 25 limit, they know that 3-5 players will not qualify, and they usually help place them.

From what I've heard, going to Prep School is to get test numbers up. JUCO is to get some core classes up.

My daughter is a junior at college and doing well. I have been confounded at how many of her friends/classmates have been overwelmed by college life and failed. The causes range from academic to personal ability to cope above the HS level. The kids from her class that have gone to various schools on various athletic scholly's have fared much better. The schools seem to monitor the athletes more closely than the average parent, yet we still see the kids make mistakes.

I admire the kids that have the fortitude to suspend to D1 school experience, go to JUCO/prep, get their academic/personal life management abilities in order and then go to a D1 school and succeed in athletics and academics.

Nick Fairly........welcome to AU and War Eagle!

No offense, but I don't think they go to JUCO because they choose to. They go there because they are forced to because they can't get into a D-I college. If they want to play ball at the D-I college level, they have to go to JUCO because they either aren't smart enough or didn't try hard enough to get into a better college in the first place. What else are they going to do, say "well, screw it - I don't have the fortitude to go to JUCO, so I think I'll give up on my dream to play in the NFL and go work at Popeye's."

Parents can't monitor their kids when they are in college, except when the kid tells them their grades on an exam - or their final grade. I think she monitors the creepy ex-bf from two years ago that she never talks to anymore than his parents likely do.

Yes, schools monitor athletes very strictly that are on scholarship (at least at large universities like Auburn). But these kids also have a lot of work cut out for them by having to spend up to 4-6 hours a day practicing/working out/studying.

Archived