Non-Captious Question For Obama Supporters.

Anyone of you have a good, military guy to look at for Obama? Is Biden the guy?

Collen Powell or does this make the ticket too dark?

Not for me! Powell would be a great one! He's one of my favorites to ever wear the uniform. I wish he had turned Bush down and ran for office on 2004. Or now, for that matter. Powell is a personal hero of mine.

Agreed, I like Powell a lot. Seems to be a really good man. I wanted a Thompson/Powell 08 ticket. There were rumors about that when Fred first started talking about getting into the race.

I personally wouldn't want to be the guy whose life is in the way of HRC becoming president. That could only end bad for him.

I think he would be better served with someone who has a military background and has the ability to cross party lines. Remember, the VP is the leader of the senate, and he/she has a vote. Clinton would be a drag on his campaign. That's my HONEST opinion.

And I said this without bashing him......unlike Win on McCain. Typical.

I don't know how you'll get to sleep at night knowing that I made a friendly jab at a total stranger to both of us. I really don't.

FWIW, I had a friend of mine tell me today that he "hopes Obama gets assassinated." Um, yeah.

HRC would be a terrible choice for all of the "baggage" reasons listed above but it goes even further: she completely contradicts his message of changing Washington. She is the definition of the status quo and an inconic representative of the kind of gridlock that Obama states he wants to get past. Obama definitely will move towards the center (some have even suggested Hagel) with his VP pick and that is not her.

Also, keep in mind what Obama has accomplished over the past year - he has literally obliterated the Clinton dynasty with his brilliant campaign and is in the process of completely reshaping the Democratic party. And after all this, to bring her and Bill back into the fold via a spot on ticket? Not going to happen.

This has been talked about before but let's take a second and think about what Obama needs out of a VP (this is very similiar to what JFK needed when he picked LBJ):

- Some one who can attract blue-collar, working-class, white voters

- Some one who has extensive foreign policy experience

- Some one who is ready to be President

- Some one who has the stereotypical Presidential image (think white, Christian, patriotic, elder, male)

- Some one who can help him complete in the Appalachain region (PA, Ohio, WV, etc.)

I'm not sure I know who this candidate is but it's not Clinton. The name of late that intrigues me is Virginia's Warner. Of course, I've always been a fan of Biden but his name seems to be circulating for Secretary of Defense.

Wish they'd find that guy and run HIM for president.

Biden is as close of a candidate as I can think of....

I think he would be better served with someone who has a military background and has the ability to cross party lines. Remember, the VP is the leader of the senate, and he/she has a vote. Clinton would be a drag on his campaign. That's my HONEST opinion.

And I said this without bashing him......unlike Win on McCain. Typical.

I don't know how you'll get to sleep at night knowing that I made a friendly jab at a total stranger to both of us. I really don't.

FWIW, I had a friend of mine tell me today that he "hopes Obama gets assassinated." Um, yeah.

Then he's no friend of mine. That would not be good for this nation.

This thread is an example of how people from both sides can come together and relate information about a topic. You tried to wreck it with a shot at McCain. You know what I meant. There's no need for it on this thread topic.

Archived