Since I know it's coming

Birmingham

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have they said how many games he will have to sit out?

He won't miss any. He will start this fall for the Alabama Penal league.

If he will be in the Penal league, I hope he doesn't drop the soap. :blink:

Let me just add this. A friend of mine who has been at UA for one year now came back after about 2 months down there and said Johns was the biggest coke dealer in Tusculosa. If he knew after 2 months how does Saban not know or get wind of it some how. The friend is on the football team so players knew. Now wouldnt it have been better for Saban to address the situation and try to get Johns to change his lifestyle than just let it go. Saban may have never knew but he may have(I dont know) but surely he has to look at himself at sometimes and wonder if he is helping young men become men. Which so many other coaches use as the basis of coaching football. What is sad is so many people knew and nobody offered to help him or show him a way out. He may of refused but what if he would have changed. This is where we as Auburn people are lucking to have a Christian man as Brother Chet guiding our young men to be Christian adults. I send prayers to all that this has affected and to all who are living like Johns that maybe they will change before it is to late.

I would think that if Nick Saban was as bad as you say he is at developing his players and not buckling down on his program than there wouldn't be so many of our commits and recruits who's father coach football at a college but having played under Nick Saban encourage their son to go to Alabama. We can talk thugs all day, but if we are going to be fair than you have to include those who are not thugs who show a great appreciation of Nick Saban and how he developed them that they would want him to do the same for their son as well.

For anyone who knows Jimmy or knows the circles he runs in, this is no surprise.

Doesn't make it any less sad.

It would be far too easy for me to join in and take a cheap shot on this one. His Grandmother-Grandfather-Mother-Aunt-....Whomever raised this guy is HEARTBROKEN today. What a sad waste of a young life. I pray for his family and that Jimmy seeks a relationship with Jesus Christ. THAT may be the only thing that can turn this "wasteland" into a miracle.

I don't think it's a Mike Shula thing. I don't think it's a Nick Saban thing. Sometimes, you have to remember that a kid has to be responsible for his actions. And that is that.

IMO, Saban knew he was into some shady stuff and that is why he played him less. He was discipling him for violating team rules. He didn't come out with it publically because he was giving him a chance to change his style and he didn't come through with that. There were no arrests made, so he had no reason to bring it up to the media that one of his players was doping. If you feel he should've kicked him off if and when he first knew about - that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But every coach is different. It's not right nor wrong.

Maybe he did try to help him out with that team peer review counsel thing that (I think) Simeon and others had to go through. I think it's a load of crap myself, but if he did - there is only so much you can do for a kid. In the end, he decides what he's going to do.

AUChizad, I wasn't posting for you to bow to Saban, I was posting to answer the response of those thinking he'd only miss a couple of games. Giving information as it becomes available, are you alright with that? As it is, thanks for being the first to write something derogatory about Saban kicking him off the team, as I predicted someone would do.

He was kicked off the team after he was booted from the university! Nick had no choice. This according to Ian Rappaport on a sports talk show this morning. Once again the school had to handle the discipline for him. He doesn't have the stones to control his own team.

But he's a fine recruiter... :cheer:

First of all, a player isn't "kicked off" the team when it's announced in a press conference or interview, so Saban's interview being held after the university's comment of him being dismissed isn't valid to say the least. Second of all, Saban was issuing the statement that this behavior would "obviously not be tolerated" not saying "I hereby kick Jimmy Johns off the team".

As much as you would love to believe that Saban didn't want to discipline him and wanted to leave it up to the University I'm here to disappoint you with the truth rather than frivolous accusations.

A general question:

What's the NCAA standard (if any) on how often or when athletes have to take drug tests? Can a coach order a "pop test" for one particular player if he has suspicions? And what are the NCAA standards on punishment for those testing positive?

Of course, just because one deals doesn't mean one uses...smart dealers (I know-an oxymoron) don't get hooked on their own product. ...although I'd wager most partake recreationally on occasion.

A second question:

Any speculation on whether Johns can/will name names to cut a sweeter deal for himself?

I feel that if I knew about a certain player doing something Illegally and the person that told me about it, also told numerous of other people. Most of them also said that they've heard about it. Then I do feel that the coaching staff knew about it, seeing as they spend a lot of time with the person.

I knew something about JJ back in April. I let a little bit slip out back in May. I know details of certain things pertaining to JJ. The information was emailed to me back in April. I had asked the person about some recruits and somehow the subject of JJ came up....probably because I had asked him about Deron Furr's move from QB to possible LB. Either Mal Moore or one of the uat coaches, might've been Coach $abban, had said to the press wondering about why JJ was so loved around campus and that he couldn't explain why.

Anyway here's what he sent me.....

There's a reason why Jimmy Johns is so loved around campus. It is known around campus that he is a regular at Frat parties, he shows up riding a motor scooter, wearing a backpack....Full of "Party" supplies

Here's what I said back on May 17th

Don't forget to include a "Certain Linebacker" with a Full backpack..... :poke:

Any speculation on whether Johns can/will name names to cut a sweeter deal for himself?

That is the question that has many Bammer fans worried. Are there others on the team connected with this?

I am not saying there are and I am not trying to start rumors, but it is a valid question.

However, the sad thing is the effect of arrest/conviction on his future. Someone like GWBush can do dope and alcohol and become president. Anyone who is caught by the law doing the same thing has his/her opportunities in life greatly reduced.

This isn't about Bush, I think O'Bama has maybe tickled his nose a few times himself.

My main point is that the drug laws should not hurt a person more than the drugs. There should be a way for drug arrests/convictions to be wiped clean after the passage of a certain number of years. In Tenn. expungement in not available.

I feel more strongly for possession cases rather than distribution ones.

There's a big difference between being an experimental user of drugs and being a distributor of cocaine.

That is the question that has many Bammer fans worried.

I'm not worried in the least, and that's the honest to goodness damn truth. I hope he names names if they're are some to name. If there are players that are following in line with Jimmy Johns in regards to cocaine or anything of the sort than I don't want any of their assess wearing an Alabama jersey in the future. Whether they're caught or not, those kind of people do nothing but hurt a team, get them the hell out of there. I don't care if we can't field a team next year, I'd rather start from scratch than let thugs like Jimmy Johns perform on our field.

Someone mentioned Finebaum so I clicked over on the way home from work. The ONE caller I heard stated that, "Johns did Alabama a favor by clearing up a spot because......" Yep, you know exactly what's coming......

wait for it......

"....you know we had the NUMBER ONE RECRUITIN' CLASS IN THE NATION".

He'll be taking scheduled visits if that answers your question.

Well B'Ham, what will you think about Coach $abban if JJ does name one or two football players, they aren't arrested or kicked off the team? Especially if they're starters? I guess the bammers will cross that bridge if they get there.

I think I've made it perfectly clear that if their is a name or names to be named, I hope he comes out with it. We, nor any other team, benefit from thugs like that infesting your team. As far as your get out of jail free card of "and they aren't arrested or kicked off the team", what's it worth asking a question if the circumstances you state in the question don't fit the realistic outcome?

Your question is as pointless as me asking you what if your quarterback raped three drag queens and wasn't "arrested or kicked off the team", obviously he would be. Not that having your name spoken from this thug is a criminal offense but I'm sure that all (if any) names mentioned will than be investigated by the same narcotics force and if found to be accurate their assess will be kicked off the team just after the university announces their dismissal, ;)

If it was so obvious to everyone what JJ was doing, why didn't Saban kick him off the team?

First of all, a player isn't "kicked off" the team when it's announced in a press conference or interview, so Saban's interview being held after the university's comment of him being dismissed isn't valid to say the least. Second of all, Saban was issuing the statement that this behavior would "obviously not be tolerated" not saying "I hereby kick Jimmy Johns off the team".

As much as you would love to believe that Saban didn't want to discipline him and wanted to leave it up to the University I'm here to disappoint you with the truth rather than frivolous accusations.

Hey dude...I'm just the messenger. But given his history of "anything goes", especially after bookgate, I wouldn't be so quick to discount it.

Does anyone know by chance how many Auburn player arrests we have had this whole millenium? All I can think of is Blackmon for underage drinking (which we've all done) and maybe Dunlap for forgetting to pay a ticket (which I have done myself, but I wasn't pulled over so I never got arrested). I seriously am curious for a number and info to remind me. I like how CTT almost overpunishes. Leads me to have to ask this question cause we have so few incidents.

Finebaum shoud write both JJ and Kenny a thank you card for giving him two weeks worth of material, in an otherwise slow off season. Made for some really good buffer music as well.

I thought this was one of the better Finebaum shows, callers had their own crazy ideas, but PF has been pretty harsh on NS.

The one interesting question that has not been answered yet was "was JJ selling blow in the Athletic Dorm?" btw, I've seen plenty of coke on AU's campus.

Caller just said "Blow Tide!"

Hey everyone....."What are you selling today?" - famous words by the midget in Under The Bus....umm I mean, Lights. LMAO, WOOOOOOOooooo!!!!!!

Check the 4 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io8MHuKIaLI...feature=related

I wouldn't say were that big of a druggie campus. I mean, yes, we do have a lot of students on some heavy stuff, but there's no pressure on anyone who doesn't want to participate.

Adderall is extremely popular. Tylox, Lortab, Ambien, Hydrocone pills are always at a demand. Opium is expensive, yet, purchased by a good number. Marijuana is as easy to find as cigarettes. But, cocaine? That's a rarity. I've only been around it once in my life and know of very few guys up here that are in it. That's way too rough for me.

Archived