Since I know it's coming

Birmingham

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will not help him ANY that it occurred on uat campus. even bigger no no

Sad to see this happen. He had a lot of potential but never cared to use it. We all knew this day was coming. Like BamaGrad and Birmingham have said, this was no shock.

As for the future he had here, it never consisted of a redshirt. The coaches, who did everything they could to help Johns, had a side of them that looked forward to the day he left. One coach has even gone so far as to say that Johns had "demons" and that he had to "play Dr. Phil" everyday because of it.

Now, he's likely headed to prison and will leave the multiple kids he's produced behind with no father. Way to go, #10.

Have they said how many games he will have to sit out?

He won't miss any. He will start this fall for the Alabama Penal league.

OK....I have been bothered by this story all day. It saddens me that a kid with a chance like this makes such poor decisions.

So I turn on Finebummer today for the first time in forever to see what Alabama fans are saying....trying to follow up on what was on JOX this morning .... that the cocaine thing had something to do with Greeks at Alabama.

Right away I am blown away by people calling in saying unbelievable things like that's why JJ didn't play much last year because Saban knew this was going on and Saban was the one that tipped the cops, etc. ....Trying to blame this on Mike Shula.....

The majority of Alabama fans just cannot be this stupid. These are either planted calls or they only let the people with the most ridiculous things to say on that show. I figured they would be trying to find out what was going on with why someone of this high profile is selling COCAINE on their college campus. But instead, they are pimping thier damn coach.

Does no one automatically associate the word COCAINE with something that is incredibly BAD, if not EVIL anymore??

That really ticks me off. This kid has ruined his life and all they care about is trying to make their coach look good.

Since Nick Saban got to Alabama:

You need a program for the players,

a rapsheet for the arrests,

a DARE Manual for the drugs,

and a Baskins-Robbins Menu for the DISCIPLINE.

I mean what I am about to say with all sincerity. Would anyone be surprised if Johns played at least part of this season until he pleas out or is convicted? I wouldnt. I doubt that anyone in the state of Alabama nation would be surprised either. Saban's suspension etc have a history of being way too flexible.

Finebaum is now laying cover for Saban, nice...and too predictable. "Maybe Nick Saban delivered JJ into the hands of the Tuscaloosa PD so they wouldnt arrest more players..." :rolleyes: "There is a problem with cocaine on the Tuscaloosa campus. Maybe Nick Saban is part of an institution wide solution to weed out the sources..."

I kid you not...:puke:

Paul, maybe the "sources" are on the football team? Maybe the textbooks scandal was to help finance more drug dealing?

Ten arrests in one year? Hey Alabama, you might already have another national title, mosts arrests in a year. I think you already have :sec: wrapped all up.

OK....I have been bothered by this story all day. It saddens me that a kid with a chance like this makes such poor decisions.

So I turn on Finebummer today for the first time in forever to see what Alabama fans are saying....trying to follow up on what was on JOX this morning .... that the cocaine thing had something to do with Greeks at Alabama.

Right away I am blown away by people calling in saying unbelievable things like that's why JJ didn't play much last year because Saban knew this was going on and Saban was the one that tipped the cops, etc. ....Trying to blame this on Mike Shula.....

The majority of Alabama fans just cannot be this stupid. These are either planted calls or they only let the people with the most ridiculous things to say on that show. I figured they would be trying to find out what was going on with why someone of this high profile is selling COCAINE on their college campus. But instead, they are pimping thier damn coach.

Does no one automatically associate the word COCAINE with something that is incredibly BAD, if not EVIL anymore??

That really ticks me off. This kid has ruined his life and all they care about is trying to make their coach look good.

It's Finebaum. I mean...the rarity of quality callers on the show (from AL or AU) is pretty high. I mean...with people like Shane, Mariner, Dawson, Iman, Charles getting their calls ushered to the front because of how stupid they are....well...that's what you get when you listen to that show. The only time that show is worth a flip is when guests (who know what they're talking about) are on.

Sorry, I just don't find that funny. I'm as turned off by Auburn fans trying to show how this a bad reflection on Nick Saban as I am by Bama fans blaming it on Shula, saying this was predictable, or congratulating Coach Saban. All I see here is wasted potential and a series of failures by Jimmy Johns AND the adults surrounding him.

This wasn't Nick Saban's fault, but I also don't see how he's excused from all blame solely because it was "predictable."

With all respect, circle, this isn't a situation that makes anybody look good. I think a select few Auburn fans on this forum are trying to make it sound like Alabama fans are praising Saban when in fact we are mourning the embarrassment of our school and Jimmy's children. Can an Alabama fan not say that Jimmy's lack of playing time was contributed to this sort of activity with out being accused of trying to hype up their coach?

If an Auburn player was arrested on 6 counts of drug activity and an Auburn fan made mention of that being part of the reason Tuberville kept him off the field in the past, I would appreciate Tuberville showing the kid some consequences before he ultimately hung himself with what little rope he had left.

Again, nobody looks good from what happened this morning or in the past in regards to Jimmy Johns drug abuse.

No, you can't congratulate Saban for that b/c it wouldn't have been in Jimmy's best interest to just "hold him out" on double secret suspension. If Saban had ANY idea that the kid was running coke, he should've kicked him off the team and made drug education/treatment (if necessary) part of the stipulations for getting back on the team. That said, I don't think Nick Saban knew about this at all.

I was not trying to bash Alabama fans. It was more a rant because Finebaum was doing that. Almost like he decided before his show that he was going to take advantage of this to try to make Alabama fans look bad, so they are only letting callers through that are feeding his points. He has some lawyers on now and they are really informative.

My apologies if I came across as making fun of fans or coach. I am as bothered by this as anyone.

If someone of high profile like this is selling cocaine on the campus, how many other cocaine sellers are there? Probably many. And that really troubles me.

Finebaum is now laying cover for Saban, nice...and too predictable. "Maybe Nick Saban delivered JJ into the hands of the Tuscaloosa PD so they wouldnt arrest more players..." :rolleyes: "There is a problem with cocaine on the Tuscaloosa campus. Maybe Nick Saban is part of an institution wide solution to weed out the sources..."

I'm hearing this too.

Unbelievable.

Add rogue crime-fighting super hero to Saban's resume.

I'm hearing this too.

Unbelievable.

Add rogue crime-fighter/super hero to Saban's resume.

He's the MAN! Aiiighhttt!

If someone of high profile like this is selling cocaine on the campus, how many other cocaine sellers are there? Probably many. And that really troubles me.

From what I hear, cocaine is "in style" at UA. I don't know how popular it is on other campuses, but it's definately a problem here. The Greeks, especially, are in deep with it, among other things.

Enjoy yo'self bi**hes, it's a celebration!.

I'm Jimmy Johns, bi**h.

You think I'm just gonna sell cocaine to cops 5 times. I never just did things to do them. Yeah, I remember selling cocaine to cops 5 times. Cocaine's a hell of a drug!! Roll Tide!!

CocaineRickJames.jpg

I am just wondering how a Drug Dealer goes un noticed as a premier Alabama celebrity player. The Scrutiny he recieved must have made his exploits with drugs a noticable problem. Someone would have said something sooner or later.

I am just wondering how a Drug Dealer goes un noticed as a premier Alabama celebrity player. The Scrutiny he recieved must have made his exploits with drugs a noticable problem. Someone would have said something sooner or later.

Apparently a lot of people around town knew about it...it just wasn't proven. And the media obviously can't report it until an arrest is made or risk slander.

So I turn on Finebummer today for the first time in forever ..Right away I am blown away by people calling in saying unbelievable things like that's why JJ didn't play much last year because Saban knew this was going on ...

Finebaum is now laying cover for Saban, nice...and too predictable. "Maybe Nick Saban delivered JJ into the hands of the Tuscaloosa PD so they wouldnt arrest more players..."
I'm not listening to Finebaum. But if Paul or alleged Bama fans are making statements like above, how can anyone consider either of these statements a defense of Saban? In the first case, it's merely saying that Nick let the whole thing go on under his nose (no pun intended) with no more consequences than a reduction in playing time instead of nipping it in the bud as he should have. The second accusation implies that Saban knows there's more players on the team with similar problems and he's willing to throw one under the bus to save the others, rather than rooting out the entire problem/culture as he should. I hopep no one ever "defends" me with such excuses.

I think I'm lean toward mcgufcm's comments below. Any implication that Saban has knowingly tolerated such a situation is an insult to Saban, but I don't think Saban knew about it. He may have known Johns or others partied too much, had poor attitudes or slovenly practice habits, and may have been lax in "adjusting" those attitudes. But I don't think he could have tolerated any sort of clearly obvious cocaine culture around the team:

No, you can't congratulate Saban for that b/c it wouldn't have been in Jimmy's best interest to just "hold him out" on double secret suspension. If Saban had ANY idea that the kid was running coke, he should've kicked him off the team and made drug education/treatment (if necessary) part of the stipulations for getting back on the team. That said, I don't think Nick Saban knew about this at all.

Archived