Since I know it's coming

Birmingham

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Just wow.

As much as folks like to crack on each other's football teams, this really saddens me that kids like this choose to ruin their own lives.

You said it, circle, I'm disappointed when any kid throws away a paid college education from any school. It hits close to home when it's your school but it's disgusting no matter where he was attending college.

Way to go, Jimmy. Way to throw in the damn towel over some cocaine!

To go from a star to prison (if he is found guilty).

I have cracked jokes about Alabama players getting in trouble for the past year, but this one is affecting me differently. It's very depressing.

Such a sad story......

Holy freaking crap!

I am in 100% true disbelief over this one! I was just about to copy and paste this story on here.

I can't help but ask??????? Which game will he get a 1/2 game suspension?

Sorry Bammers, but your school is outta control.

OK, whose got the over/under on how long its takes our resident bammers to come on here and spin the crap out of this one.

Outside of Rolando McClain, Bama is terrible at LB. This guy could have been a contributor. Any way you look at it, this hurts.

OK, whose got the over/under on how long its takes our resident bammers to come on here and spin the crap out of this one.

Outside of Rolando McClain, Bama is terrible at LB. This guy could have been a contributor. Any way you look at it, this hurts.

If you read all the "resident bama fans" responses, you'll see there's no spin.

Jimmy wasn't slated to be a contributor this year, he was slated for a redshirt...having spent his other 3 seasons as a tailback.

It is sad for his family. Hopefull, he can learn from it and make something out of his life.

On the lighter side: what kind of ice cream do u get if your convicted of distribution.

I say he should sit out for the opening kickoff of the Clemson game just to be consistent with other tough $aban disciplinary actions.

I'd love to say it's a shock.......but it really isn't. I wasn't exactly expecting something of THIS magnitude...some pot maybe. Oh well...a waste of talent for us, a waste of a life for him.

It is sad for his family. Hopefull, he can learn from it and make something out of his life.

On the lighter side: what kind of ice cream do u get if your convicted of distribution.

I say he should sit out for the opening kickoff of the Clemson game just to be consistent with other tough $aban disciplinary actions.

I think the mandatory 15 years if convicted should be enough. Mandatory 3 years per count of distribution from what I hear.

Strawberry, perhaps?

I guess people will make light of this if they enjoy that kind of thing. As it is, Johns gave up the chance to do something that nobody in my family was able to do... finish college with no student loan bills. Paid in full on graduation day. No sitting out games. The ice cream he will eat will be paid for by tax payers in prison.

As a "resident bammer" I think your hopes are too high. I hope you took the under. As it is, I'm the one who started the first thread on him being arrested. This is a no spin zone.

FIVE counts of DISTRIBUTION...the next time JJ sees the inside of Bryant-Denny Stadium may be on the TV in the commons room of the jail.

...makes you also wonder just who he was distributing it to...hmmm, now who does he hang around with?...

...makes you also wonder just who he was distributing it to...hmmm, now who does he hang around with?...

My thoughts exactly - football players usually hang out with other football players.

FIVE counts of DISTRIBUTION...the next time JJ sees the inside of Bryant-Denny Stadium may be on the TV in the commons room of the jail.

He'll be surrounded by fellow alums Brian Burgdorf, Sherman Williams, Keith McCants and etc. B)

For anyone who knows Jimmy or knows the circles he runs in, this is no surprise.

Doesn't make it any less sad.

Heard his favorite hangout was Central HS.....

However, the sad thing is the effect of arrest/conviction on his future. Someone like GWBush can do dope and alcohol and become president. Anyone who is caught by the law doing the same thing has his/her opportunities in life greatly reduced.

This isn't about Bush, I think O'Bama has maybe tickled his nose a few times himself.

My main point is that the drug laws should not hurt a person more than the drugs. There should be a way for drug arrests/convictions to be wiped clean after the passage of a certain number of years. In Tenn. expungement in not available.

I feel more strongly for possession cases rather than distribution ones.

What is there to spin? My first response was damn, another player got in trouble, but my second response had to be what a waste. It's beyond the University and the football team, this young man has ruined his life, and he has a god given talent that he just threw away. I hate it for his family and the people that expected more for him.

Archived