We hit the trifecta last night

SouthLink02

OK........I'm sorry, call me immature but I GAINED respect for CMR when he pulled those shenanigans last year. I thought they were awesome, and clearly motivated his team. No different than CTT smokin' stogies or stomping on the LSU logo is it?

You have to remember, that these are young dudes that have a TON of adrenaline in their blood, and also the "culture" that they live in would be called "thugish" by some of us but not by them.

On the other hand, you have to "bring the dogs home" after you "let them out" or they will tear up the neighborhood.

I still like CMR and think he is a great guy and coach. I guess that is why I hope he takes extreme measures and puts some muscle over his teams head so they will start behaving while out and about. Otherwise, his team will quickly turn into a UAT type atmosphere, and I guarantee you that the powers that be at UGA will not be as "understanding" and "listen to excuses" as the UAT powers have.

Just my two cents........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, this is a perfect example of why you can't put it on the coach. At least not all of it. There isn't a classier coach in football today than CMR.

Secondly, the UF game last year was awesome. To use that as an example of why you think he isn't classy is weak.

While it is true that CMR is a very classy guy, he has hardly set the standard at UGA as a disciplinarian. Remember, he learned at the Bobby "its all cool as long as you can bail 'em out by game time" Bowden school. How many times has half the team sat out opening day for some transgression during the off season? One thing I will say for him, however, is that if he gives out a one game suspension he sticks to it. :poke:

While I applaud Coach Richt for personal character, he seems to have been a little lacking in the discipline department.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it I have one more thing to admit.....Even though it is atrocious, rude, crude and socially unacceptable (as my 7th grade english teacher once called me for the loudest fart EVER) I spewed water out of my mouth when I read about "the pissing incedent"..... :roflol:

You can't be talking about the "the pissing incedent"..... linked above;

Rogers' friend — a 16-year-old who is not being identified because he is a juvenile —was cutting a piece of wood with a pocket knife when one of the men asked what he was doing. The teen told him it wasn't any of his business, prompting the man to take the knife from him and press it to his throat, authorities said.

When Rogers told the men to leave his friend alone, they punched him in the face, he said. The two teens were able to pull themselves away and were walking to their car when a group of eight men confronted them.

The 16-year-old was hit in the face with a baseball bat and kicked and punched, authorities said.

Rogers tried to run into some nearby woods. Several men dragged him out, stripped him of his shorts and severely beat him before urinating on him.

"I thought it would never stop," Rogers said Monday.

The men finally let him go, but with a warning: "Keep your mouth shut or else," Rogers recounted.

Rogers' left eye was swollen shut. The 16-year-old suffered an orbital fracture.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it I have one more thing to admit.....Even though it is atrocious, rude, crude and socially unacceptable (as my 7th grade english teacher once called me for the loudest fart EVER) I spewed water out of my mouth when I read about "the pissing incedent"..... :roflol:

You can't be talking about the "the pissing incedent"..... linked above;

Rogers' friend — a 16-year-old who is not being identified because he is a juvenile —was cutting a piece of wood with a pocket knife when one of the men asked what he was doing. The teen told him it wasn't any of his business, prompting the man to take the knife from him and press it to his throat, authorities said.

When Rogers told the men to leave his friend alone, they punched him in the face, he said. The two teens were able to pull themselves away and were walking to their car when a group of eight men confronted them.

The 16-year-old was hit in the face with a baseball bat and kicked and punched, authorities said.

Rogers tried to run into some nearby woods. Several men dragged him out, stripped him of his shorts and severely beat him before urinating on him.

"I thought it would never stop," Rogers said Monday.

The men finally let him go, but with a warning: "Keep your mouth shut or else," Rogers recounted.

Rogers' left eye was swollen shut. The 16-year-old suffered an orbital fracture.

not funny at all :no:

You Dawgies aint nothing but rookie wannabes....The real thugs are in T-Town, no doubt. ;)

BTW, kudos for mannin'up about this. We will have our problems too.

At least you didnt blame: The media, the weather, the police, the arch-rival, the arch-rival's coach, Santa Claus, The Easter bunny, etc.

Oh yeah, that's classic comedy. Psycho.

My two cents (since I'm not doing work right now): the first charge was a misdemeanor and probably will get dead docketed or a first offender style probation, in either case, it wouldn't stay on the guy's records (unless they have records already). It doesn't seem like anything more than a waste of the court's time unless there was a lot more to it.

The second beating thing... that's legit.

The rushing the field, dancing on the sideline stuff wasn't "awesome." It was dumb. The UF/UGA game was one of the most penalized games I've ever seen, and that crap was the reason why. Richt played with fire to inspire that team last year. A LOT of people predicted there would be less discipline in the off-season and coming season as a result, and I think we're seeing that. It doesn't mean Richt is a bad guy; it just means he traded the now for the future. He pushed all the right buttons, but there are consequences to doing it that way. There just are.

I would add that he's not the first guy to take it to that level. MSU did the same stuff in the mid to late 90s, and it worked for them as well. Their teams had attitude and the game felt a little more physical and edgy when they were doing the Dog Pound rock and blasting rap music at Davis Wade Stadium, BUT there were consequences. Any State fan I know was more than happy to have the trade off (it was arguably the school's best run. ever.), but I firmly believe that atmosphere played a part in the team's complete lack of discipline in the early 00s. Took Croom a loooooong time to change that atmosphere (although I'll also say that Jackie was an ass who let it go on too long and made it worse... Richt doesn't strike me as that kind of guy).

Lastly, I would've expected Bama fans to be a little more on the "that wasn't worth it b/c it COULD affect discipline" side, but maybe the indifference BG shows is the reason I don't really feel threatened by them right now. They remind me of MSU in 2001. They have talent, but the team is too disfunctional to pull it together for very long.

:blink::blink:

Assuming you passed, good luck next year in the 8th Grade and I'd advise you to spend lots of time with your counsellor......

http://www.onlineathens.com/multimedia/pdf...208_players.pdf

There is the police report for the two guys touching the girls stomach

All they in fact did was tough her stomach but in an "insulting nature"

I mean, I spent time at the DA's office down here and even I am totally unsure what that means

Someone on the forum who knows Justin said they touched it and walked away and have not the slightest clue what they are being arrested for

Knowing UGA players, they probably did something stupid as in some joke or something

I am just glad they didn't hit her or anything

:blink::blink:

Assuming you passed, good luck next year in the 8th Grade and I'd advise you to spend lots of time with your counsellor......

HOLY s***!!!!!!! I DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE ABOUT "THE PISSING" INCEDENT. I just read that someone peed on someone, and I HAD NO IDEA UNTIL I SAW THE ARTICLE JUST NOW!!!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I DON'T THINK THAT IS FUNNY EVEN A LITTLE! FOR YOU GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN READING MY POSTS FOR A LONG TIME NOW, PLEASE REALIZE THAT I DIDNT MEAN TO BE SUCH AN a**hole!

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING, AND AGAIN, LET ME APPOLOGIZE FOR COMMENT.......

I do however stand my ground that the UF/UGA game last year was great inspiration!

Lemon lost his mother so many UGA fans are trying to excuse him out of pummeling this guy. Rumors of maybe the guy saying something about Lemon's mother and all that....don't know if I believe that though. If he is found guilty, I hope they kick his ass off the team. Nothing annoys me more than someone destroying another human on the ground and continuing it.

As for Trint and Justin, I say give them 1 game and let them move on IF IF IF all they did was touch the woman's stomach. Anything else should be 3 games.

I do agree with everyone that UGA's new dorm room is the Athens jail cell

I do NOT agree with whoever said Richt's doesn't hand down tough enough punishments. How can you say that? Richt has suspended players for PLENTY of big games including games against Clemson, yearly against South Carolina, Boise State, Oklahoma State, and minimum's for MANY of 3-6 games. Thurman got half the season, Golsten got several games, and others.

The problem is the AMOUNT of players being arrested, not how Richt punishes them because IMO he gives them long deserved ones

Lastly, I would've expected Bama fans to be a little more on the "that wasn't worth it b/c it COULD affect discipline" side, but maybe the indifference BG shows is the reason I don't really feel threatened by them right now. They remind me of MSU in 2001. They have talent, but the team is too disfunctional to pull it together for very long.

Are you talking about the UGA/UF thing? Whatever dude. Because I fall on the side of most of the people out there ...who think it was pretty neat and actually pretty cool...doesn't mean our football team is going to suck.

That's just silly. And overly pious. I mean, what does that say about the AUBURN fans who think it was cool? Does that mean that, well, we shouldn't really worry about AU?

That's pretty judgemental of you honestly. It's not like UGA players just beat the s*** out of some guy and I said "hey what's the problem"...I agree with a huge number of people across america who saw that UF/UGA thing and thought it was cool.

And you guys would say it was cool too, if it didn't provide a great opportunity for you to cast judgement. New day, same ol AU fans looking down their noses at everyone.

Are you talking about the UGA/UF thing? Whatever dude. Because I fall on the side of most of the people out there ...who think it was pretty neat and actually pretty cool...doesn't mean our football team is going to suck.

That's just silly. And overly pious. I mean, what does that say about the AUBURN fans who think it was cool? Does that mean that, well, we shouldn't really worry about AU?

That's pretty judgemental of you honestly. It's not like UGA players just beat the s*** out of some guy and I said "hey what's the problem"...I agree with a huge number of people across america who saw that UF/UGA thing and thought it was cool.

And you guys would say it was cool too, if it didn't provide a great opportunity for you to cast judgement. New day, same ol AU fans looking down their noses at everyone.

Isn’t this rich; a bama fan trying to label someone else as an elitist. I've heard it all now.

You Dawgies aint nothing but rookie wannabes....The real thugs are in T-Town, no doubt. ;)

BTW, kudos for mannin'up about this. We will have our problems too.

At least you didnt blame: The media, the weather, the police, the arch-rival, the arch-rival's coach, Santa Claus, The Easter bunny, etc.

Bammer's say: It's the NCAA's fault.

CMR wears his relationship with Christ right on his sleeve where it belongs. He spends a lot of energy trying to talk the players into doing right. The problem is that he is very forgiving and offers multiple chances to players, just like Bowden. You can't negotiate with kids..lay down the law like the military does. He gives the kids too much credit that they will learn from his teachings. My guess is that he learned from last year and we won't see Soulja Boy this year.

BG, you and I just have to agree to disagree on this one. I wouldn't have liked that crap if it was Auburn. I wouldn't have liked that crap if it was the NFL. I wouldn't like that crap if it was my high school. It was dangerous (you're telling me the first thing that popped into your head wasn't "we're about to have a brawl"? really?). It was (or at least should have been) unnecessary. It was completely unsportsmanlike. A lot of things would be fun on the sports field, but you don't do them because it's not right: 1) showing up your opponent, 2) getting penalized for no reason, or 3) putting 18 year kids, mainly the guys from Florida, in the position to have to draw the line after you declare "there is no line."

Richt was the adult in that situation. It was completely irresponsible for him to tell his guys "if we don't get a celebration penalty after that first touchdown, I'll be disappointed" because he removed himself from anything that followed and put it all on those kids. AND he put it on the Florida kids to have to "be the bigger man." I wouldn't have been shocked to just see people going at it, as opposed to the little shoves that took place on the fringe, and I wouldn't have blamed the UF players one bit.

I'm not a huge dancing on the sidelines fan, but I can at least pardon that as just letting the kids have fun. The rush the field crap was inexcusable, and it set the tone for a dirty game last year.

For the record: 5 personal foul (3 unsporstmanlike conduct) calls in the first quarter (not including a 15 yard facemask), 2 more personal fouls in the second quarter (1 unsportsmanlike conduct), then after the coaches got to settle the players down there was only 1 15-yard face mask in the second half. So you'd be crazy to argue that Richt's lack on control over his team at the start didn't have a HUGE effect on the amount of major penalties in that game. Both sides lost control of their players and I place the blame for that on Richt. He made it a dirty affair. If you like that, I guess you're right: it doesn't matter if you're a Bama fan or any other fan... I think you're wrong.

BG, you and I just have to agree to disagree on this one. I wouldn't have liked that crap if it was Auburn. I wouldn't have liked that crap if it was the NFL. I wouldn't like that crap if it was my high school. It was dangerous (you're telling me the first thing that popped into your head wasn't "we're about to have a brawl"? really?). It was (or at least should have been) unnecessary. It was completely unsportsmanlike. A lot of things would be fun on the sports field, but you don't do them because it's not right: 1) showing up your opponent, 2) getting penalized for no reason, or 3) putting 18 year kids, mainly the guys from Florida, in the position to have to draw the line after you declare "there is no line."

Richt was the adult in that situation. It was completely irresponsible for him to tell his guys "if we don't get a celebration penalty after that first touchdown, I'll be disappointed" because he removed himself from anything that followed and put it all on those kids. AND he put it on the Florida kids to have to "be the bigger man." I wouldn't have been shocked to just see people going at it, as opposed to the little shoves that took place on the fringe, and I wouldn't have blamed the UF players one bit.

I'm not a huge dancing on the sidelines fan, but I can at least pardon that as just letting the kids have fun. The rush the field crap was inexcusable, and it set the tone for a dirty game last year.

For the record: 5 personal foul (3 unsporstmanlike conduct) calls in the first quarter (not including a 15 yard facemask), 2 more personal fouls in the second quarter (1 unsportsmanlike conduct), then after the coaches got to settle the players down there was only 1 15-yard face mask in the second half. So you'd be crazy to argue that Richt's lack on control over his team at the start didn't have a HUGE effect on the amount of major penalties in that game. Both sides lost control of their players and I place the blame for that on Richt. He made it a dirty affair. If you like that, I guess you're right: it doesn't matter if you're a Bama fan or any other fan... I think you're wrong.

well said.

Yet you are completely OK with your coach holding up fingers and wearing fear the thumb tshirts? You are TOTALLY OK with your players, after the game running over to the Alabama student section and showing them how many fingers they have?

You can't have it both ways.

Lemon lost his mother so many UGA fans are trying to excuse him out of pummeling this guy. Rumors of maybe the guy saying something about Lemon's mother and all that....don't know if I believe that though. If he is found guilty, I hope they kick his ass off the team. Nothing annoys me more than someone destroying another human on the ground and continuing it.

As for Trint and Justin, I say give them 1 game and let them move on IF IF IF all they did was touch the woman's stomach. Anything else should be 3 games.

I do agree with everyone that UGA's new dorm room is the Athens jail cell

I do NOT agree with whoever said Richt's doesn't hand down tough enough punishments. How can you say that? Richt has suspended players for PLENTY of big games including games against Clemson, yearly against South Carolina, Boise State, Oklahoma State, and minimum's for MANY of 3-6 games. Thurman got half the season, Golsten got several games, and others.

The problem is the AMOUNT of players being arrested, not how Richt punishes them because IMO he gives them long deserved ones

Blah, blah, blah....SouthLink02, are you finished with this team yet and are you going to turn you application in to TitanTiger and join the good guys? :P:big:

I keed, I keed!

I actually agree with you. I try to tell that to the bammers. When you have that many arrest in a short amount of time, it's time to worry.

Yet you are completely OK with your coach holding up fingers and wearing fear the thumb tshirts? You are TOTALLY OK with your players, after the game running over to the Alabama student section and showing them how many fingers they have?

You can't have it both ways.

apples and oranges BG. I guess it's been so long since the team you support won a Iron Bowl that you don't remember that this is pretty common in the rivalry. and I don't see how CTT wearing that shirt could possibly cause a riot. please explain.

apples and oranges BG. I guess it's been so long since the team you support won a Iron Bowl that you don't remember that this is pretty common in the rivalry. and I don't see how CTT wearing that shirt could possibly cause a riot. please explain.

What about LSU logo stomping? Is that OK too? I've seen that start fights plenty of times.

It's easy to be pious when it's not your team...and it provides you a chance to cast judgement on your rivals.

I'll take them in order: the logo stomping isn't okay because it has been a precursor to fights before and it will be again. It is also stupid because (as I pointed out in the "reasons rushing the field wasn't okay" section) it results in automatic penalties for no reason. SO that hits two of the three reasons. Stomping the logo, unlike rushing the field while the game is live without explanation to the UF players, doesn't really force the players (especially the other players) to draw the line. It generally occurs before the game and is almost always with only one team on the field. Result: it's stupid and classless and unacceptable, BUT not as bad as the crap UGA pulled.

Holding up 4, 5, 6, or 7 (coming soon) fingers AFTER the game is over doesn't measure up to either of these. One: it doesn't result in fighting, and it doesn't really even risk it. The players always celebrate post-Iron Bowl, and that celebration almost always includes a few players paying a visit to the other team's fans. Trust me on this: I was seated in the Auburn student section endzone about 4 rows up when Bama players came over to jaw at us in 2001. It's normal. AND there was a zero percent chance I was going to rush out and fight one of them over it. The size of the players and the proximity of the po-po prevent it.

Two: It doesn't result in penalties because the game is over.

Three: It doesn't put any onus on your players (they're allowed to celebrate, run around, hold up fingers, jump into the crowd with the students, etc.) other than the don't flip off the crowd line. So long as they don't shoot the bird, they're safe. College kids, after a big win, doing something innocent and safe. It also doesn't put pressure on the Bama players unless one of the is completely unhinged. What's more likely: you're playing a full contact sport DURING THE GAME and you see 60 guys rushing toward you after a play so you start throwing punches OR you've finished a game and lost and see one of the other players running to the sideline holding up 6 (or 7) fingers so you swing. One is a fairly natural reaction. The other takes a crazy person.

You can try all you want on this, but post-game celebrations (that don't put people at any risk) do not stack up to in-game rushing the field and dancing in the endzone. Sorry.

To review: rushing the field during the game resulting in multiple penalties and an very high likelihood of altercations (avoided only b/c the other team's players showed discipline), very bad. Jumping on the logo prior to the game resulting in a penalty and a heightened risk of altercations, bad. Post-game celebrations in front of the opposing fans resulting in no penalty or increased risk of fighting but hurting some feelings, acceptable. Post-game celebration with your fans, wonderful.

PS. If you were looking for a move by Tubs that came even close to crossing the line, you should've gone with: smoking cigars on the field after a win in Tiger Stadium. That's the only time we've gone over the line with him, unless there was some logo jumping at that game as well (and there might have been).

We get a NC for it, right?

Absolutely!

See Autiger4life's sig...It's real nice.

:roflol:

What about LSU logo stomping? Is that OK too? I've seen that start fights plenty of times.

It's easy to be pious when it's not your team...and it provides you a chance to cast judgement on your rivals.

You bama fans have to bring up something that happened 9 years ago. How long had CTT been a HC at that point? Has anything like that happened since then? NO!!!! And if that type of behavior would have continued, he would be gone by now....

Archived