We hit the trifecta last night

SouthLink02

PS. If you were looking for a move by Tubs that came even close to crossing the line, you should've gone with: smoking cigars on the field after a win in Tiger Stadium. That's the only time we've gone over the line with him, unless there was some logo jumping at that game as well (and there might have been).

I don't have any problems with cigar smoking...at all. To me, a rival team should be honored if the team that just beat them smoked celebratory cigars. That means you were a big win to them.

For the record, holding up fingers doesn't bother me either. To the victor and all that...

I just don't think it's fair to pick and choose.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they're comparable. It's not picking and choosing at random. It's having a standard and living with it. If we start stomping logos, drawing multiple unsportsmanlike penalties in a game, or risking fights to win I'll call it bush league just like I thought UGA was bush league in the Cocktail Party last year. If we're holding up fingers after the Iron Bowl, I'll be smiling and celebrating.

I will say, though, that Tubs shouldn't have gotten off the hook for the LSU logo stomping. He wasn't a new coach then. He'd been in the SEC for five years. That was foolishness, and we cut it out. If UGA comes back this year without all the histrionics, I'll call that a blip on the radar of an otherwise classy program.

We get a NC for it, right?

Absolutely!

See Autiger4life's sig...It's real nice.

:roflol:

Big question is whether the BCS is going to keep us out of the NCG

Built-in Criminal System has a way of keeping out deserving teams

We get a NC for it, right?

Absolutely!

See Autiger4life's sig...It's real nice.

:roflol:

Big question is whether the BCS is going to keep us out of the NCG

Built-in Criminal System has a way of keeping out deserving teams

Forget the BCS, will CMR sit them for a few games?

Even if they are not starters it will hurt depth and stamina.

Will he give them more than a game...I mean half a game?

:poke:

I am putting the HC cap on your head

What would you give them?

I'll play;

The 2 kids touching the girl would get a 1 game suspension, first game of the season.

Guy who beat up the kid would get 3 games, first 3 games of the season.

The offences don't seem like much but IMHO you need to send messages to these kids that if they get in trouble with the law they are sitting.

With the way your schedule sets up this year in does not mean much but if it sends a message for future years it is worth it.

is that 7 arrests just for 2008, or 7 arrests in the past year? i think i saw somewhere it was 7 since the beginning of 08. while i understand none of them have been as serious as robbery or cocaine distribution, i wonder why there isn't a mass crucification of CMR such as there has been for CNS. i guess some folks here just hate CMR alot less.....

I am quite certain you have answered your own question. BIG difference in what the GA players are accused of and COCAINE distribution...................

I am quite certain you have answered your own question. BIG difference in what the GA players are accused of and COCAINE distribution...................

well, its not like it takes a head coach to tell a kid dealing cocaine or robbing somebody at gunpoint is wrong and you will be kicked off the team. its pretty common knowledge.

is that 7 arrests just for 2008, or 7 arrests in the past year? i think i saw somewhere it was 7 since the beginning of 08. while i understand none of them have been as serious as robbery or cocaine distribution, i wonder why there isn't a mass crucification of CMR such as there has been for CNS. i guess some folks here just hate CMR alot less.....

So for those keeping score at home, here are the suspensions and results of the offseason incidents as they stand now (in order of severity):

* DE Michael Lemon (felony battery): suspended indefinitely (per athletic department policy)

* OL Clint Boling (alcohol-related): two games

* FB Fred Munzenmaier (alcohol-related): two games

* DB Donovan Baldwin (alcohol-related): one game

* OL "Bean" Anderson (simple battery): no suspension announced (yet)

* OL Trinton Sturdivant (simple battery): no suspension announced (yet)

* DE Jeremy Lomax (concealed weapon): charges dropped, no suspension

http://www.dawgsonline.com/2008/07/03/rich...es-suspensions/

well, its not like it takes a head coach to tell a kid dealing cocaine or robbing somebody at gunpoint is wrong and you will be kicked off the team. its pretty common knowledge.

So, what's your point? We already know HE is an idiot as well as a criminal...... :poke:

I'll play;

The 2 kids touching the girl would get a 1 game suspension, first game of the season.

The offences don't seem like much but IMHO you need to send messages to these kids that if they get in trouble with the law they are sitting.

With the way your schedule sets up this year in does not mean much but if it sends a message for future years it is worth it.

FYI, the guy who beat up the kid has been kicked off the team

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/u...lemon_0714.html

I'll play;

W O W

Lemon was listed as a third-string defensive end at the end of spring drills. Georgia helped raise more than $70,000 on his behalf after his mother who was murdered and their house burned down by an ex-boyfriend two years ago.

that is horrible that this kid has had to go through something like that. but with it being a felony and all, i'm sure he knew what was going to happen. how did the university help raise the money for him?

I'll play;

I guess I would need to know the details, but a felony arrest for fighting over an argument at a backyard BBQ seems over the top. Athens is very liberal though. Unless this player had other problems we don't know about, dismissal seems a litle strong. If this had been an unprovoked attack/robbery, etc. then I could see it being a felony.

In today's PC world these player's really don't have a lot of room for error. In some circles, there is a lot of jealosy and the players get provoked. I guess that learning to handle being provoked comes with the territory.

I'll play;

I guess I would need to know the details, but a felony arrest for fighting over an argument at a backyard BBQ seems over the top. Athens is very liberal though. Unless this player had other problems we don't know about, dismissal seems a litle strong. If this had been an unprovoked attack/robbery, etc. then I could see it being a felony.

In today's PC world these player's really don't have a lot of room for error. In some circles, there is a lot of jealosy and the players get provoked. I guess that learning to handle being provoked comes with the territory.

He deserved it.

The initial reports of the fight stated that Lemon attacked the guy and absolutely beat him down. Not only that, but Lemon's friends held back people trying to break it up so the guy really got it good

To make matters worse, 1-2 of Lemon's friends are members on UGASports and tried to give his side of the story but they only made matters worse because they basically admitted what happened was true AND in the process showed what utter trash Lemon's friends were.

I have heard that Richt/Lemon have met several times in the last week alone and that Richt is trying his best to get this kid help. He is one messed up, angry kid. He needs help before he goes the Odell Thurman route

Archived