Another one bites the dust

TitanTiger

4-star WR Destin Hood from the 2008 class signs a minor league contract with the Nationals:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3493683

What a sad effort you have put into thinking 'another one bites the dust'. He was drafted in the second round, LAST MONTH! Everyone knew he wasn't going to play here.

4-star WR Destin Hood from the 2008 class signs a minor league contract with the Nationals:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3493683

What a sad effort you have put into thinking 'another one bites the dust'. He was drafted in the second round, LAST MONTH! Everyone knew he wasn't going to play here.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. He counted toward your recruiting class number in February and people had great hopes he'd play for bammer. I just pointed out that another guy won't be playing for you this Fall and used a funny quote to title the thread. Up the medication.

Well, good for him. He can probably make more money with the Nats than with the spuats. B)

....are you sure about that???? ;)

We'll just keep it down home Cuz. Please stop implying that we pay players, when it was also proven that Auburn has paid a few in their day also. If we can't live in the past, we shouldn't have it thrown in our face either.

Well, good for him. He can probably make more money with the Nats than with the spuats. B)

I doubt that...

Actually Destin Hood is the one guy everyone had in their mind as a guy who would never make it to UA.

And since he was drafted two months ago, he was assumed part of the hit we would take with our class...and it has been discussed at length already on this very forum.

While he is a great talent, if there's a spot from this incoming class where we can absorb a hit, it'd be at WR. The fact that we didn't expect him to make it...at least to me...means Melvin Ray's not making it hurts worse than Hood.

We'll just keep it down home Cuz. Please stop implying that we pay players, when it was also proven that Auburn has paid a few in their day also. If we can't live in the past, we shouldn't have it thrown in our face either.

What ever would make us think that?

loganyoungrecruits12bm-1.jpg

If we can't live in the past, we shouldn't have it thrown in our face either.

You mean like you just did?

After school starts. it would sure be interesing to see the 2008 recruiting classes ranked again, counting only those who are with the team they signed with.

After school starts. it would sure be interesing to see the 2008 recruiting classes ranked again, counting only those who are with the team they signed with.

we would still probably be in the top 3 or 5. Hood and Ray are going MLB, Bolton and Lewis didn't make the grades, and i doubt we ever see Murphy in crimson. that STILL leaves us with fourteen 4* and three 5*. re-ranking would probably knock AU out of the top 25 though.

we would still probably be in the top 3 or 5. Hood and Ray are going MLB, Bolton and Lewis didn't make the grades, and i doubt we ever see Murphy in crimson. that STILL leaves us with fourteen 4* and three 5*. re-ranking would probably knock AU out of the top 25 though.

But that would be another MNC bama couldn't claim :poke:

Regardless how it turned out It would be interesting to see.

Okay, Okay, I was just having a little light hearted fun at the expense of the mighty bammer nation :poke: -You know I played baseball for years and Dad always said "When they serve up the hanging curve-make 'em pay son, make 'em pay". What do you expect to happen when a bammer tosses out meat like that on the AUBURN NATION?? Tiger's gonna pounce baby, Tiger's gonna pounce....

If we can't live in the past.....

....With that being said I feel that I must also point out that it may be time for you to bring in a reliever because No One else can live in the past quite like the bammer nation.

.....we shouldn't have it thrown in our face either.

Warning: Please start wearing your safety goggles and protective head gear prior to login and submission of posts.... :big:

Archived