Les takes another jab at UAT

WAR-MATT

Watch it Les. Saban and crew may circle you. B)

There was no question the attendees still bask in last November's victory over former LSU head coach and Tide boss Nick Saban, and Miles brought down the house when he urged the faithful "not to make too much of that game as it seems like a lot of teams in Louisiana beat that team," referencing Alabama's shocking subsequent loss to Louisiana-Monroe.

nola

Rarely do I listen to Finedong, but this afternoon I did and guess what? He and the Bammers all had their panties in a wad over something Les Miles had said. Now I know what he said and why the bammers were in an uproar.

But what's the problem? Last year Bama did loose to two teams from Louisiana, didn't they?

It is quite a shot but it is the truth, Finebaum and his callers need to get over themselves.

I am sorry but I am starting to hate Corndogs as much if not more than Homers. Working on the Gulf Coast with hundreds of these corndogs saying crap like this is getting old. That was a funny shot at UAT, but Les better watch out he's not always going to be on top.

This reminds me that last week someone honked at me on I10 the other day I turned and looked out my window and a dude was holding an LSU hat in his hand and flipping me off. Classless example.

I am sorry but I am starting to hate Corndogs as much if not more than Homers. Working on the Gulf Coast with hundreds of these corndogs saying crap like this is getting old. That was a funny shot at UAT, but Les better watch out he's not always going to be on top.

This reminds me that last week someone honked at me on I10 the other day I turned and looked out my window and a dude was holding an LSU hat in his hand and flipping me off. Classless example.

You now understand what I deal with on a daily basis

Finescum is such a bammer they should force him to change his show to the"criminal turd" talk radio show. He also said he wouldn't allow Miles on "HIS" show! What at turd! I've wished for years that Auburn people would boycott his show and his sponsors but unfortunately some don't see the damage he does to Auburn, especially the kids that listen to his trash talk. :no:

Miles was just playing to the crowd just as Carson Palmer was with his shots at OSU. That's college football. Big feakin' deal.

Hey, just as BG said. Don't lose to LSU and LMAO and the jokes won't come. LSU has won 2 MNC in the last 5 years. Until someone slaps them around, shut the F up. Florida won a MNC but Auburn beat em'. Yep, we can talk some smack. That's college football.

Are you talking of your own kind? GT fans aren't bad. Or do you live in Louisiana?

This is college football! It's about gloating (to a certain level) and having fun! And that is exactly what Les Miles is having. Whenever a coach or player says something honestly or funny - I LOVE IT! Even if it is against Auburn or whatnot. That is what makes this sport so awesome. You don't get to hear this stuff elsewhere. Fans being passionate is what makes College Football the best sport. So when you hear someone insult another school in a clever way, the fans go nuts because we are all passionate. It is awesome.

Les - great quote. It was just... perfect.

Bama fans want to eat up what the Bear said about Auburn (not losing to that cow college) - and that was just an insult / smack talk. At least Les said something that had some truth to it and was not aimed at just making fun of the other school. They lost to Louisiana Monroe! That is HILARIOUS! It's not like he called Bama a bunch of rednecks.

I don't know anyone, other than a few on Rolltidebama, that thought it was anything but funny. Sometimes fans take that bs PC out look. Everything offends you because you are too stuck up to have a damn sense of humor.

I don't know anyone, other than a few on Rolltidebama, that thought it was anything but funny. Sometimes fans take that bs PC out look. Everything offends you because you are too stuck up to have a damn sense of humor.

Spurrier was notorious for these types of comments. All the jabs he threw at UT, the coloring book comment about AU and the scholarships at UF not being worth as much $ as the ones at UAT. B) The difference is everyone liked and respected CSS.

I don't have a problem with what Coach Miles said at all. He was talking to a group of LSU supporters and that would get the fired up. LSU does not have a given rival, so they have to pick one. If Coach Tuberville or Saban said something like this it would be against each other, and it would be to fire up the supporters and just joking around. I probably would not find it so funny if Coach Miles said it at media days, but if he wants to take that chance he should go ahead.

I really don't think that the reporters should have reported that he said that. It could make some fans mad, and I hope it fires up our players, and I just don't think that it was meant that way. If it was than we just have to look at it like..............then don't lose to LM and we won't have to hear remarks like this.

Are you talking of your own kind? GT fans aren't bad. Or do you live in Louisiana?

I live in New Orleans so I mean LSU fans. Ask any non-LSU fans around here too and they will say the same thing.

I never cared about GT fans to be honest but that is probably because all 5 have never had their team beat me since I went to UGA in 2001 :)

CNS had a good response when asked about Miles comment..... "He spoke the truth". IMO, CN$ took it like a man and so are most Bammers......surprising.

Archived