Ming To The Bammers

AUTigerWDE

So where did Ming really want to go to?

UGA

We are full though. Yup, that is what I heard :big:

Nice.

Speaking to a guy who spoke to him personally, Richt was very pissed off at the AJC sportswriter that pulled that crap with Nico and Tana last week.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where did Ming really want to go to?

UGA

We are full though. Yup, that is what I heard :big:

Nice.

Speaking to a guy who spoke to him personally, Richt was very pissed off at the AJC sportswriter that pulled that crap with Nico and Tana last week.

Oh Richt

Elaborate, sir.

I really wasn't sure what to make of it. In all honesty, I can see how it would be advantageous for a school like UGA to withdraw scholly offers. It makes them look even more exclusive.

so, why was it just because he didn't come to the camp that his offer was pulled? alot of kids don't make it alot of camps for alot of reasons, and they don't get offers pulled. so what was so special about Gerald West that they felt his offer needed to be pulled? what if they pulled it because he told them he was going to go to UA?

If that were the case, why would West say four days after Marshall says it was pulled that AU was still in his top five? You're not making any sense. Perhaps he didn't have a real reason like other kids who don't get their offers pulled have and they didn't care for it. Maybe they heard from another kid they had ranked higher on their board and that's why (as metafour said) they not only pulled West's offer but Sweeting's as well. The bottom line is, Philip Marshall is a vastly superior source over Rivals, Scout, Ian Rappaport (regarding AU stuff) or often the kids themselves (ask Sweeting).

i then would wonder if it would become a common practice for AU to pull offers on guys who are about to commit to another school.....it would be hard for you to deny that the timing of the offer being pulled, if rue, is pretty interesting.

Not really. Listen to what you're proposing. First, West tells AU he's going to bammer and isn't coming to camp. Then, AU pulls the offer. PM reports the offer was pulled when West didn't come to camp. Four days later, West names his top five and included Auburn, a school he just told that he wasn't going to sign with nor attend their camp. A few days later, he commits to bammer. That's idiotic. What you're proposing requires much more of a leap of faith than the much simpler version we just gave you.

What's much more likely is that West either called and gave an excuse the AU coaches didn't like for not coming to the camp or he just didn't show. Auburn decided there were other kids they were at least as impressed with that were either at camp or they were in good communication with and decided to just let West go. On July 12th, they let PM know West's offer was no longer on the table and they were moving on. Four days later, knowing full well he's committing to bammer, West tosses out a top five that has no bearing on what's actually going to happen (probably didn't give it that much thought) and a few days later makes it official to bammer.

One high school student went so far as to hold a press conference and announce he was signing with Cal... except no one had ever talked to him and Tedford didn't know who he was. It's really inconceivable that a high school student in the same stupid media crush just listed an in-state school in his top five regardless of the status of their offer? Really? That's impossible? I'm not saying this kid lied to that degree, but it's not a big deal for him to just list Auburn (whether he knew the offer was revoked or not) to add "suspense" to his recruitment and garner more attention (since both major in-state schools were "still alive").

I trust Marshall, a long-time Auburn beat writer and as much of a program insider as any beat writer at any school in America, over any high school senior. I just do. Maybe that's wrong or blind or whatever. I just know that if Marshall says one thing about something our staff is doing and a high schooler contradicts him, I'm going with Marshall.

Who cares?

Not me.

All of these pissing contests concerning offers are ridiculous. It doesn't matter.

I'm sure William Ming will have the same potential at Alabama with or without an offer from Auburn.

The same goes for Brandon Heavens - with or without an offer from Alabama.

Both are very overated anyway. Damn Bammer recruiting services hype their commits up.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

Yawn.....the bammies get recruits and aren't content. They have to run post it on an Auburn board knowing it will start an argument, which is exactly what they want and why they come here.

I had a breakfast platter at Hampton Cove Hardies this morning. What did ya'll do?

Yawn.....the bammies get recruits and aren't content. They have to run post it on an Auburn board knowing it will start an argument.

To bad it wasn't an Alabama fan who started this thread. You're brilliant! :roflol:

Its none of your business how I know but I know. William really liked Hugh Nall. But he knew he would never go to Auburn. William loved LSU coaches and visit to the campus. The only thing that stopped him from going to LSU was a trip home that took about 6 1/2 hours and his mom didnt like that drive. But his school of choice would have been Notre Dame, he loved everything about it, but dad told him some story about Alabama vs Notre Dame and how he shouldnt go there. Long drive, not in a conference, and a tradition that is second fiddle to Alabama's. William did an excellent job of keeping an open mind but having to wake up everyday and on his way to the kitchen pass what his family calls the bama room pretty much seals the deal. It would have crushed his father if he didnt attend Bama. William is a good student and player but he will not be a defensive end since he is up to about 275 and it aint muscle. He will be a very good 1 or 3 technique in college. Best of luck to him and his family. Sorry William that you will go your college career and never beat Auburn. And yes I told him about this site to come on here and read this.

Yawn.....the bammies get recruits and aren't content. They have to run post it on an Auburn board knowing it will start an argument.

To bad it wasn't an Alabama fan who started this thread. You're brilliant! :roflol:

Oh I realize that an Auburn fan made a simple post that he had signed with bama but you jumped right in with all the details trying to make a point of how great he is and that he turned down Auburn. And if you note, your comrade Ashanderi started the thread about bama landing a RB.

So :moon::moon::moon:

What's in your belly?

Its none of your business how I know but I know. William really liked Hugh Nall. But he knew he would never go to Auburn. William loved LSU coaches and visit to the campus. The only thing that stopped him from going to LSU was a trip home that took about 6 1/2 hours and his mom didnt like that drive. But his school of choice would have been Notre Dame, he loved everything about it, but dad told him some story about Alabama vs Notre Dame and how he shouldnt go there. Long drive, not in a conference, and a tradition that is second fiddle to Alabama's. William did an excellent job of keeping an open mind but having to wake up everyday and on his way to the kitchen pass what his family calls the bama room pretty much seals the deal. It would have crushed his father if he didnt attend Bama. William is a good student and player but he will not be a defensive end since he is up to about 275 and it aint muscle. He will be a very good 1 or 3 technique in college. Best of luck to him and his family. Sorry William that you will go your college career and never beat Auburn. And yes I told him about this site to come on here and read this.

Thanks for the insight.

Sounds like he will make his family very proud.

Yup, survival of the fittest.....if you ain't first, you're LAST.

Until the REC has recently gotten involved with some recruiting, it didn't really matter who you pulled for growing up or what part of the state you grew up in. The kids decided to go to the University that THEY wanted to go to, not as much now.....seems that outside, "Care Taker" influences have put a stop to that.

Yeah, just like Auburn's boosters paying all their current commits to sign on the dotted line.

See how easy that is? I "heard" AU pays all their players. I "heard" AU cheats a lot.

Dude, stop running your mouth. You sound like a whiney sore loser.

You don't have any "pull"

You're NOT an insider

You don't KNOW any insiders

You just like to talk trash

I love how all these guys who have AU offers and pick Bama MAGICALLY don't have offers from AU anymore...accccccording to you. When Gerald West says "I have an offer from Auburn" AND lists Auburn in his group of finalists...I'm taking his word over yours. Again, saying that after EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys pick bama...it makes you look petty.

Phillip Marshall reported last week that AU recinded interest in GW after he decided not to attend the final Senior camp. RWS..if you want a link..go to auburn undercover and find it for yourself.

so i guess if Ian Rapoport reports tomorrow that AU did not stop recruiting West, then its true? sounds like the cat got out of the bag and somebody wanted to save face, if you ask me. no explanation is even given. only "Gerald West isn't at camp and is no longer being recruited by Auburn". that was 07/12, but on 07/16 West himself even said that AU was in his top 5. i guess Phillip Marshall forgot to tell West that AU wasn't offering him. :rolleyes: its like the AJC columnist that reported Nico Johnson was disappointed about UGA pulling his offer, when the guy never even spoke with Johnson and he didn't even have any idea UGA pulled his offer.

btw, did anyone ever really confirm that about Johnson? in the interview i saw he said as far as he knew the offer hadn't been pulled, but that he had alot of unopened mail lying around. i would imagine if they were going to pull your offer they would at least call you?

Dude...I enjoy a lot of your posts. I think you add a lot to the board. But...at some point you need to realize that even lowly Auburn is gonna beat bama in some things every now and then. Football maybe, maybe basketball sometimes, sometimes baseball. Sometimes a football prospect (gasp!) may even want to attend Auburn more than bama. As absurd as it may seem to you, it happens. Sometimes, bama may get all 15 recruits the state has to offer!

I said all that to say this. Just because bama picked up a recruit that Auburn rescinded an offer from doesn't make you any less of a school. Its okay. Really. Don't get so torn up about it.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Auburn offered him. Plain and simple. The report said they offered him and they did. Whether or not they did or didn't take the offer off the table does not change the fact that THEY DID OFFER HIM! Why does that even matter?

If someone commits to Auburn, and one of the schools on the list of offers is Alabama, then it doesn't matter if we pulled our offer 5 months ago our offer was on the table. If he would have accepted it then than we would have taken him and he would have been in Crimson.

Auburn offered the kid, get over it, move on to the next petty subject to argue until football season starts.

Oh I realize that an Auburn fan made a simple post that he had signed with bama but you jumped right in with all the details

So let me get this straight. As an Alabama fan, you are upset that when Auburn fans post a thread about Alabama getting a 4* recruit that I post on the thread??? :no:

OR

is it possible that you didn't know an Auburn fan had posted this thread and when you said how sick you are of Alabama fans posting threads about their recruits it made you look like an ass.

I'm trying to see the big deal in whether we offered, pulled the offer, when we pulled it...whatever.

Team A makes scholly offer to player 1.

Team A gets word (Through whatever means of communication it occurred) that player 1 has decided to attend school and play for Team B.

Team A rescinds offer.

WOW....earth shattering news worthy of a 3 page debate.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Auburn offered him. Plain and simple. The report said they offered him and they did. Whether or not they did or didn't take the offer off the table does not change the fact that THEY DID OFFER HIM! Why does that even matter?

I don't know, you tell us. Someone mentioned that we took the offer off the table and half your fanbase lost its grits on the thread about it.

If someone commits to Auburn, and one of the schools on the list of offers is Alabama, then it doesn't matter if we pulled our offer 5 months ago our offer was on the table. If he would have accepted it then than we would have taken him and he would have been in Crimson.

I believe the way it tends to work is that if someone commits to Auburn, and once had an offer from bammer but they took it back before he committed anywhere, the bammer fans believe that their coaches reevaluated the kid and decided they could do better, or another better player at his position has contacted them and is likely to commit so they're letting this kid go. And vice versa if the kid commits to bammer after Auburn rescinds their offer. It's taken differently than Auburn and bammer going after a kid tooth and nail to the end and him picking one school over the other at that point.

You know this I'm sure, but I decided to indulge your "I'm above the fray" snootiness by giving you the explanation.

Auburn offered the kid, get over it, move on to the next petty subject to argue until football season starts.

Remember this the next time some Aubie trumpets beating bammer for a commit and we hear the same line of argument (bammer liked other players better and took back his offer or indicated there wasn't room anymore.)

I don't know, you tell us. Someone mentioned that we took the offer off the table and half your fanbase lost its grits on the thread about it.

My "grits" were lost not so much because of this particular situation...but rather a buildup of hearing your resident "insider" prowler...EVERY time you get a commit from some dude "oh yeah and Bama offered him...it's just not listed." And then EVERY TIME we get a verbal from someone who lists an offer from Auburn: "I know from my source that AU never offered that dude." Keep in mind, the guy who picked AU has offers from a couple of sunbelt schools. And the dudes that Prowler said AU never offered has offers from Clemson, Florida, Tennessee, etc.

It just gets old. Then when WE react to it, we are the ones who are making a big deal out of it. I just grow tired of the petty bullcorn.

My "grits" were lost not so much because of this particular situation...but rather a buildup of hearing your resident "insider" prowler...EVERY time you get a commit from some dude "oh yeah and Bama offered him...it's just not listed." And then EVERY TIME we get a verbal from someone who lists an offer from Auburn: "I know from my source that AU never offered that dude." Keep in mind, the guy who picked AU has offers from a couple of sunbelt schools. And the dudes that Prowler said AU never offered has offers from Clemson, Florida, Tennessee, etc.

It just gets old. Then when WE react to it, we are the ones who are making a big deal out of it. I just grow tired of the petty bullcorn.

You are on an AU board. You would get worse treatment anywhere else other than AUNation. This board is a lot more tolerant of rival fans than any of UAT’s boards…

I was actually not thinking of you, but of rws and b'ham after Hoopie explained to them about Phillip Marshall's article on 7/12. Prowler claimed he never had an offer from us, which isn't true. The rest of us, including Phillip Marshall, simply said that he had an offer and for reasons surrounding his not coming to camp and probably some other things we don't know, Auburn yanked the offer and had moved on days before he claimed we were in his top five or his subsequent commit to bammer. But for whatever reason to some, a much more convoluted illogical explanation must be true so that it looks more like bammer took a guy from us.

Oh I realize that an Auburn fan made a simple post that he had signed with bama but you jumped right in with all the details

So let me get this straight. As an Alabama fan, you are upset that when Auburn fans post a thread about Alabama getting a 4* recruit that I post on the thread??? --don't act so innocent. You just added a lot of detail and put in bold who he turned down. You were just trying to start an argument. If you hadn't made that post I think most here would have just said "nice pickup."

OR

is it possible that you didn't know an Auburn fan had posted this thread and when you said how sick you are of Alabama fans posting threads about their recruits it made you look like an ass.---are you looking in the mirror as you type?

Excellent argument. Whatever someone says just reply with "are you looking in a mirror". You can not penetrate this defense. Brilliant!!!

NOPE....GW didn't have an Auburn offer. So, have your bOL buddies take that little check mark off of the Auburn Box for West. Our guys said that they aren't going to stoop that low as to uncheck a box under the offer column.

That's what I stated. I never said that Gerald West Never had an offer, but that he didn't have an Auburn offer. I know why he didn't have an offer anymore, and it has something to do with him not coming to the Camp, but it isn't just because he didn't come to the camp....nor because he was a bammer lean. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with certain "Care Taker$", that I'm aware of. I'll just let you bammers here find out for yourself. And BG, you might want to read what was actually written before you decide to type.

But for whatever reason to some, a much more convoluted illogical explanation must be true so that it looks more like bammer took a guy from us.

That's what I feel is going on here. The bammers will stop at Nothing to try and make Auburn look bad.

As for Ming....I think he'll be a hell of a DT or maybe Olineman, I also loved his little comment in the bammerHam News, when he said, "Coach $abban hugged my neck....then he told me to go recruit."

Archived