Ming To The Bammers

AUTigerWDE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DE - William Ming (Athens HS/Athens, AL) 6-4/266/4.9 - Alabama secured a commitment from one of the state's top players today from William Ming, when the Athens star decided to end his recruitment by committing to the Crimson Tide. Not only is Ming considered one of the state's best players, he is also one of the nation's top defensive end prospects. Ming is expecting a great senior season and hopes to surpass his 80 tackles and 9 sacks he recorded as a junior. He is a warrior in the weight room with a max bench just over 300 pounds and a max squat of 460. He also is considered a full academic qualifier with a 3.95 GPA and a 26 on the ACT. Ming chose Bama over offers from Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

CB - Gerald West (Faith Academy/Mobile, AL) 5-11/168/4.4 - The Crimson Tide added the first defensive back to their 2009 class today when Gerald West pledged to sign with Alabama. The Mobile area standout was recruited to play cornerback for the Tide. He has great speed, quick feet, and shows a nice burst on recovery. He is very physical for his size and excels in man-to-man coverage. As a junior, West totaled 36 tackles, 3 interceptions, and 5 pass break-ups. He was playing for Davidson High School up until this season when he transferred to Faith Academy, a private school with a good academic reputation. West chose the Tide over other early offers from Florida, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, and Southern Miss among others.

NOPE....GW didn't have an Auburn offer. So, have your bOL buddies take that little check mark off of the Auburn Box for West. Our guys said that they aren't going to stoop that low as to uncheck a box under the offer column.

Plus, GW is AISA....He's apparently no good. Remember? bammers? We took flack for weeks and weeks about Raymond Cotton, Brandon Heavens, and Harris Gaston because they were AISA and according to you bammers, that meant that they weren't any good.

So, Congrats on Ming (Big Surprise....he was born a bammer fan, so he really didn't have a choice).

CB - Gerald West (Faith Academy/Mobile, AL) 5-11/168/4.4 - The Crimson Tide added the first defensive back to their 2009 class today when Gerald West pledged to sign with Alabama. The Mobile area standout was recruited to play cornerback for the Tide. He has great speed, quick feet, and shows a nice burst on recovery. He is very physical for his size and excels in man-to-man coverage. As a junior, West totaled 36 tackles, 3 interceptions, and 5 pass break-ups. He was playing for Davidson High School up until this season when he transferred to Faith Academy, a private school with a good academic reputation. West chose the Tide over other early offers from Florida, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, and Southern Miss among others.

thanks for putting their offer lists in bold............ <_<

Congrats on the pickups RWS

That's right, the prowler, the only reason we get a verbal from Ming is if he was "born a bammer and didn't have a choice"...

Coincidental the only way you get an offer from Auburn is if you are one of the first 25 in line.

Yup, survival of the fittest.....if you ain't first, you're LAST.

Until the REC has recently gotten involved with some recruiting, it didn't really matter who you pulled for growing up or what part of the state you grew up in. The kids decided to go to the University that THEY wanted to go to, not as much now.....seems that outside, "Care Taker" influences have put a stop to that.

Until the REC has recently gotten involved with some recruiting, it didn't really matter who you pulled for growing up or what part of the state you grew up in. The kids decided to go to the University that THEY wanted to go to, not as much now.....seems that outside, "Care Taker" influences have put a stop to that.

Yeah, just like Auburn's boosters paying all their current commits to sign on the dotted line.

See how easy that is? I "heard" AU pays all their players. I "heard" AU cheats a lot.

Dude, stop running your mouth. You sound like a whiney sore loser.

You don't have any "pull"

You're NOT an insider

You don't KNOW any insiders

You just like to talk trash

I love how all these guys who have AU offers and pick Bama MAGICALLY don't have offers from AU anymore...accccccording to you. When Gerald West says "I have an offer from Auburn" AND lists Auburn in his group of finalists...I'm taking his word over yours. Again, saying that after EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys pick bama...it makes you look petty.

So where did Ming really want to go to?

I wonder if it's possible that you're talking out of your ass right now. I'll wait for an answer to my question before I decide.

Yeah, just like Auburn's boosters paying all their current commits to sign on the dotted line.

See how easy that is? I "heard" AU pays all their players. I "heard" AU cheats a lot.

You're NOT an insider

I love how all these guys who have AU offers and pick Bama MAGICALLY don't have offers from AU anymore...accccccording to you. When Gerald West says "I have an offer from Auburn" AND lists Auburn in his group of finalists...I'm taking his word over yours. Again, saying that after EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys pick bama...it makes you look petty.

Phillip Marshall reported last week that AU recinded interest in GW after he decided not to attend the final Senior camp. RWS..if you want a link..go to auburn undercover and find it for yourself.

NOPE....GW didn't have an Auburn offer. So, have your bOL buddies take that little check mark off of the Auburn Box for West. Our guys said that they aren't going to stoop that low as to uncheck a box under the offer column.

Plus, GW is AISA....He's apparently no good. Remember? bammers? We took flack for weeks and weeks about Raymond Cotton, Brandon Heavens, and Harris Gaston because they were AISA and according to you bammers, that meant that they weren't any good.

So, Congrats on Ming (Big Surprise....he was born a bammer fan, so he really didn't have a choice).

soooooo.......

Rivals, Scout, ESPN, AND Gerald West HIMSELF all say he had an AU offer.....he stated on 07/16 that AU was in his top 5. but you know better? not really buying that. and you probably need to address the last part of your post to somebody who gave you guys flack about it. don't label every Alabama fan or tell me what i think based on what somebody else said.

i'm surprised you didn't say that Ming didn't have an offer either.

You're NOT an insider

Phillip Marshall reported last week that AU recinded interest in GW after he decided not to attend the final Senior camp. RWS..if you want a link..go to auburn undercover and find it for yourself.

so i guess if Ian Rapoport reports tomorrow that AU did not stop recruiting West, then its true? sounds like the cat got out of the bag and somebody wanted to save face, if you ask me. no explanation is even given. only "Gerald West isn't at camp and is no longer being recruited by Auburn". that was 07/12, but on 07/16 West himself even said that AU was in his top 5. i guess Phillip Marshall forgot to tell West that AU wasn't offering him. :rolleyes: its like the AJC columnist that reported Nico Johnson was disappointed about UGA pulling his offer, when the guy never even spoke with Johnson and he didn't even have any idea UGA pulled his offer.

btw, did anyone ever really confirm that about Johnson? in the interview i saw he said as far as he knew the offer hadn't been pulled, but that he had alot of unopened mail lying around. i would imagine if they were going to pull your offer they would at least call you?

You're NOT an insider

so i guess if Ian Rapoport reports tomorrow that AU did not stop recruiting West, then its true? sounds like the cat got out of the bag and somebody wanted to save face, if you ask me. no explanation is even given. only "Gerald West isn't at camp and is no longer being recruited by Auburn". that was 07/12, but on 07/16 West himself even said that AU was in his top 5. i guess Phillip Marshall forgot to tell West that AU wasn't offering him. :rolleyes:

Go Away. Please save us the headache.

You're NOT an insider

so i guess if Ian Rapoport reports tomorrow that AU did not stop recruiting West, then its true? sounds like the cat got out of the bag and somebody wanted to save face, if you ask me. no explanation is even given. only "Gerald West isn't at camp and is no longer being recruited by Auburn". that was 07/12, but on 07/16 West himself even said that AU was in his top 5. i guess Phillip Marshall forgot to tell West that AU wasn't offering him. :rolleyes:

translation: wow, pretty valid point. difficult to dispute it when the kid himself lists AU as top 5 after one columnist says his offer has been pulled.

You're NOT an insider

translation: wow, pretty valid point. difficult to dispute it when the kid himself lists AU as top 5 after one columnist says his offer has been pulled.

Let's see who am I gonna believe the beat writer for the team or some self absorbed high school student(and I think that is the case with almost all of these kids even AU's) that wants to make his offer list look better. Hmmmm.

You're NOT an insider

I hate to wade into this silly pissing match, but Philip Marshall would be a whole lot more likely to know if Auburn was no longer recruiting a kid than anyone outside that coaching staff. Yes, even the kid. If he didn't show up to the camp and they decided to move on to other guys, it doesn't matter who he says is in his top five four days later.

Phillip Marshall is Auburn insider all the way and he said LAST WEEK the offer was pulled. In print. He has 110% more access to what's going on at Auburn than anyone on this board. Is there something you aren't understanding here? If he reported Auburn pulled his offer, Auburn pulled his offer.

Phillip Marshall is Auburn insider all the way and he said LAST WEEK the offer was pulled. In print. He has 110% more access to what's going on at Auburn than anyone on this board. Is there something you aren't understanding here? If he reported Auburn pulled his offer, Auburn pulled his offer.

even if West himself says something to the contrary? even though no other recruiting outlets have picked it up? even though nobody else has said so? its funny how if an AU beat writer says something its the gospel, but if a Bama beat writer says it then theres no way it can be true.

even if West himself says something to the contrary? even though no other recruiting outlets have picked it up? even though nobody else has said so? its funny how if an AU beat writer says something its the gospel, but if a Bama beat writer says it then theres no way it can be true.

Yes. Because Philip Marshall has more access than any AU beat writer and certainly more than any recruiting service does to the Auburn coaching staff. I would not expect the Bama beat writer to know as much as an AU beat writer nor vice versa.

And West can name any top five he wants. But I'm telling you that if Marshall is reporting that AU pulled the offer when he didn't show up at the camp, that's what happened whether Gerald wants play semantics four days later or not.

Yes. Because Philip Marshall has more access than any AU beat writer and certainly more than any recruiting service does to the Auburn coaching staff. I would not expect the Bama beat writer to know as much as an AU beat writer nor vice versa.

And West can name any top five he wants. But I'm telling you that if Marshall is reporting that AU pulled the offer when he didn't show up at the camp, that's what happened whether Gerald wants play semantics four days later or not.

so, why was it just because he didn't come to the camp that his offer was pulled? alot of kids don't make it alot of camps for alot of reasons, and they don't get offers pulled. so what was so special about Gerald West that they felt his offer needed to be pulled? what if they pulled it because he told them he was going to go to UA? i then would wonder if it would become a common practice for AU to pull offers on guys who are about to commit to another school.....it would be hard for you to deny that the timing of the offer being pulled, if rue, is pretty interesting.

I haven't spoken with anyone about Gerald West in a while so I have no idea regarding the specifics of what happened, but I'll state this regarding Phillip Marshall's word vs. Gerald West's word: Rivals/Scout both said Sweeting had an offer from us, nobody reported anything about him losing his offer, even Sweeting himself thought he had an offer until he tried to commit and was turned away, at which point Rivals picked up the story. If Sweeting didn't even know that his offer had expired until he actually called in and tried to commit then why is it so hard to believe that the same thing happened to Gerald West and no one actually contacted him and told him not to bother trying to commit? Sweeting was turned down because we are only going to take about 2 more DB's and we felt we had good shots at landing a few guys who we liked better, the same thing could have just as easily occurred with West (and I'd bet that that is exactly what happened).

Either way, Gerald West has been Bama bound for a while. Early in the process we were the distinct leader but as time went by things cooled immensely from both parties which makes me believe that we did indeed passed on him, with the final straw being his failure to show up to camp.

Archived