Skip Caray Dead

watts86grad

The Braves family lost one of its most beloved members on Sunday, when Skip Caray passed away at his Atlanta-area home. He was 68.

Caray, who would have celebrated his 69th birthday on Aug. 12, went to take a nap Sunday afternoon and didn't awake. He is survived by his wife, Paula, two sons, Chip and Josh, two daughters, Shayelyn and Cindy, and seven grandchildren.

That is awful

Wow. That's terrible news. SKip Caray was THE BEST in the business. He will be sorely missed...I hadn't watched or listened to a braves game in 4-5 years, and happened to be in the car yesterday and heard a little of the game. Braves baseball will never be the same...

Harry died in 1998 and Skip died 2008, 10 years apart. Skip was a class act.

Wow. That's terrible news. SKip Caray was THE BEST in the business. He will be sorely missed...I hadn't watched or listened to a braves game in 4-5 years, and happened to be in the car yesterday and heard a little of the game. Braves baseball will never be the same...

Skip has been on the serious decline for the past few years. He would often cough or just sound rough during random radio/tv games he's called over the last two years. I think it was Friday that Chip said Skip was feeling ill and wouldn't be around this (past) weekend. Not shocking but still sort of shocked.

Still, shame on TBS for their snub of Skip/Pete in favor of those jerks (Chip included) to do their national broadcast crap.

I've never met Skip but i've known him for most of my life. Go Braves.

He was such a sarcastic, surly guy for an announcer. But if you were a Braves fan, you didn't care. He and Pete were the best together. Sad to see an era pass.

Harry died in 1998 and Skip died 2008, 10 years apart. Skip was a class act.

Very classy.......grew up listening to Skip........

After a foul ball he would say something random like, "And the fan from Douglasville, Georgia just got a nice prize." That was something I thought was always funny that he did. I was around 5, listening to the game with my dad and Skip said that line.....I remember thinking....."How did he know that guy was from Douglasville?!?"

I'm a little late on this, but just wanted to add in my voice in the sadness for Skip's passing. He was always fun to listen to and it won't be the same hearing games without him.

Archived