All hail the Obama Sign of Progress!

Tigermike

All hail the Obama Sign of Progress! US News reports on the latest for supporters of Barack Obama - a nifty little hand sign that allows his minions to identify each other in crowds. Apparently, the patchouli aroma wasn't enough:

One Nation, Under a New Obama Salute

August 07, 2008 04:53 PM ET | Paul Bedard

obama-sign.jpg

George Bush had his three-fingered W salute that supporters flashed when greeting him at presidential campaign events in 2000. And now, if a Los Angeles creative agency gets its way, Sen. Barack Obama will see fans meet him with his own salute like the one above. "Our goal is to see a crowd of 75,000 people at Obama's nomination speech holding their hands above their heads, fingers laced together in support of a new direction for this country, a renewed hope, and acceptance of responsibility for our future," says Rick Husong, owner of The Loyalty Inc. Husong tells me that he got the idea after seeing the famous Obama-Progress poster by artist Shepherd Fairey. "We wanted to get involved some way," he says. So, the agency came up with their own a symbol of hope and progress that also plays off Obama's name. "We thought, 'Let's try and start a movement where even while walking down the street, people would hold up the O and you would know that they were for Obama,' " says Husong. Much thought went into the relatively simple idea. "You interlace your hands in a circle, the interlacing being a symbol of different types of people coming together and the circle a symbol of unity," he says. Their design, unlike Fairey's, is free, and Husong is urging people to download it and print it on posters and T-shirts. "We want to see it everywhere, but more importantly we want this sign to take the world by storm."

link

"We want to see it everywhere, but more importantly we want this sign to take the world by storm." I expect it to be enthusiastically adopted by Obama's troops.

I think I know where they got this idea.

YouTube

I can't wait to see thousands of people holding this sign up over their heads, cheering wildly for The One. How pathetic.

obama-sign.jpg

How appropriate.

Is that suppose to be some sort of vague sexual reference ?

Seriously, this has to be a joke, right ? It completely smacks of the propaganda posters put out by the Red Chinese/ Soviet Union, circa 1930's.

I refuse to believe that our society has sunk so low as to be lulled into compliance w/ the likes of those 2 evil empires.

Archived