Auburn recruited Chris Jordan to play LB, he said that Coach $abban told

The Prowler

You said on this very board last year (was it last year or the year before?) That you would eat your hat if bama lost to __________ (fill in the blank). Now does the fact that your hat remains uneaten put you in the same category as CTT?

So you don't think the pine box comment was at all an attempt to give them a satisfying answer so they would stop questioning him?

You think Saban, who didn't have an agreement from Alabama, should come out and say that he's in discussions with Alabama? NO COACH IN THE WORLD DOES THAT.

They always deny deny deny until they have a deal.

Why are AU fans the only ones who have a hard time grasping that?

Actually the press and the folks in Miami feel the same way. We're just carrying that flag for them. The reason we bring ths up is not because of this one incident, it is only an example of what he does. Now don't play dumb and ask us to repeat it again....just read the posts on here and that is our answer. If you don't want to believe them then drink your Kool-aid and get into the bunk, the spaceship is coming.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you don't think the pine box comment was at all an attempt to give them a satisfying answer so they would stop questioning him?

I honestly don't know in what context he said this or if the press was hounding him at all. I don't think you guys do either.

You think Saban, who didn't have an agreement from Alabama, should come out and say that he's in discussions with Alabama? NO COACH IN THE WORLD DOES THAT.

He wasn't obligated to say anything to the press at all. He should have just kept his mouth shut. However, by all accounts, the owner of the dolphins was very good to saban even after his lack of progress there. Lying to him was just wrong. How can you deny that?

He wasn't obligated to say anything to the press at all. He should have just kept his mouth shut. However, by all accounts, the owner of the dolphins was very good to saban even after his lack of progress there. Lying to him was just wrong. How can you deny that?

Uhhh...Saban has maintained an excellent relationship with the owner. The owner even had a presser after it all went down to laud Saban as a person and a coach.

If the owner doesn't feel wronged, why should you?

And again, when do coaches EVER just sit there "and keep their mouth shut"...that never happens. The coach always denies until he leaves...JUST like CTT did, just like many other coaches do every single day.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp. EVERY coach on the planet denies until they actually leave. Anyone who did otherwise is a total IDIOT.

You DENY until you have a deal because you DONT HAVE A DEAL YET. Which means you may or may not leave your current job. But if, in your current job, you tell them you are entertaining offers...then YOU WONT HAVE A CURRENT JOB.

Uhhh...Saban has maintained an excellent relationship with the owner. The owner even had a presser after it all went down to laud Saban as a person and a coach.

If the owner doesn't feel wronged, why should you?

And again, when do coaches EVER just sit there "and keep their mouth shut"...that never happens. The coach always denies until he leaves...JUST like CTT did, just like many other coaches do every single day.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp. EVERY coach on the planet denies until they actually leave. Anyone who did otherwise is a total IDIOT.

You DENY until you have a deal because you DONT HAVE A DEAL YET. Which means you may or may not leave your current job. But if, in your current job, you tell them you are entertaining offers...then YOU WONT HAVE A CURRENT JOB.

I couldn't care less. But because the owner acted much more gracious than saban that makes it okay?

I understand when you say everybody does it. Like it or not, this was an extreme case and saban himself has said he didn't handle it very well. If he can understand that, why can't you?

Archived