Auburn recruited Chris Jordan to play LB, he said that Coach $abban told

The Prowler

him that he's going to be a RB and that is why he commited to the turds....turns out, $abban lied to him. Also, don't be surprised to see the Michigan RB either at another position or redshirted. War Eagle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban lied to a recruit? Who would have ever thought it! :o I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

PS - Prowler - Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

any chance that the reason Saban only sticks around 3-4 years is recruits finally get wise to the lies?

him that he's going to be a RB and that is why he commited to the turds....turns out, $abban lied to him. Also, don't be surprised to see the Michigan RB either at another position or redshirted. War Eagle

First, Ingram is getting as many or more carries in the scrimmages than are some of the veteran RBs.

Secondly, Jordan said he wanted to switch to LB because we have a logjam at tailback...and he's more likely to see the field at the LB position sooner than he would at RB.

But "Keep up the good work"...I mean since you get all of your info from your rivals subscription, you should have already known about Ingram (the Michigan RB) and his numerous touches in practice and the scrimmages.

First, Ingram is getting as many or more carries in the scrimmages than are some of the veteran LBs.

Secondly, Jordan said he wanted to switch to LB because we have a logjam at tailback...and he's more likely to see the field at the LB position sooner than he would at RB.

But "Keep up the good work"...I mean since you get all of your info from your rivals subscription, you should have already known about Ingram (the Michigan RB) and his numerous touches in practice and the scrimmages.

I would hope so, as most teams don't give their LBs many carries.

Tubs to recruit: You'll come in, we might have to redshirt you, and you might not be able to play QB, unless you're willing to wait for a while.

Saban to recruit: You'll come in, you won't be redshirted, you'll start right away probably, whatever position you want, I'm kicking crackheads off the team as we speak, please god come in, please, I don't have anyone. I need you, YOU COMPLETE ME.

Saban to recruit: You'll come in, you won't be redshirted, you'll start right away probably, whatever position you want, I'm kicking crackheads off the team as we speak, please god come in, please, I don't have anyone. I need you, YOU COMPLETE ME.

That's pretty funny.

which AU message board did you pick this rumor up on? yet another pitiful crybaby explanation as to why we got somebody AU wanted. the kid played LB at Norcross, so its not a huge leap for him. he was signed for RB, knew what guys were coming in, and saw the depth at RB and decided to get early PT at LB. no different than what Furr did, and happens sometimes. i know you guys want this to be such a big deal, but all you do is make yourselves look more pathetic by coming up with excuses every time we get one (or 15) that you guys wanted. he got his shot at RB and didn't do as well compared to some other guys, so he and CNS both agreed he had a better shot at PT on D. Jordan agreed that they could experiment and that they had no problem moving him back if he wanted to. read a few more articles and watch some press conferences before grabbing the first rumor you see on a message board next time.

From Furr's commitment article:

"I felt like it was right thing to do," said Furr. "All the colleges were telling me what I wanted to hear but Auburn was telling me the truth."

Then further down:

Auburn is recruiting Furr to play quarterback. That's the position Furr has started for Carver since his sophomore season.

So I don't see why THIS instance is one of Saban being evil. But CTT's instance was of making decisions that were best for the team.

You can't have it both ways.

Wow, another case of Bama fans distorting facts in order to save face. Deron Furr was told he could stay in the QB rotation if he wanted, but that he would be 4th string this year. He was also told that he could move to the secondary if he wanted for early playing time, a proposal to which he agreed, it was really as simple as that.

Wow, another case of Bama fans distorting facts in order to save face. Deron Furr was told he could stay in the QB rotation if he wanted, but that he would be 4th string this year. He was also told that he could move to the secondary if he wanted for early playing time, a proposal to which he agreed, it was really as simple as that.

aaaaaaand thats pretty much the deal with Chris Jordan, and he was told he could move back to RB if he wanted to. so whats the problem? we're not ACTUALLY saying that CTT lied to Furr, we're just pointing out the obvious similarities between the two situations and the hypocrisy that ensues.

aaaaaaand thats pretty much the deal with Chris Jordan, and he was told he could move back to RB if he wanted to. so whats the problem? we're not ACTUALLY saying that CTT lied to Furr, we're just pointing out the obvious similarities between the two situations and the hypocrisy that ensues.

Man I'm getting dizzy, anyone else?

Man I'm getting dizzy, anyone else?

Sounds like he's on to something to me

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20080817.../168680272/1011

Meanwhile, true freshman Chris Jordan also got some work at linebacker Saturday after moving from running back. That Jordan figures to play on special teams this season may have contributed to the switch, although Saban left the door open for him to go back.

“We have a bit of a long jam at running back and we’re a little thin at linebacker,” Saban said. “We just talked to him yesterday about it. Well see how it goes at linebacker for a few days.

“We scrimmaged him out there some plays today, probably didn’t know what to do, but he went up and tackled the guy with the ball quite a bit, I did notice that. We’ll see how he develops, and that’s just kind of a trial right now.”

It doesn't prove that CTT/Deron Furr situation was the same because I haven't seen anything posted on here.

Spin! Spin! Spin!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

LOL

Silly bammers!

we're not spinning anything. its called being reasonable. if you weren't a complete tool you could see that. btw, when are you going to take me up on the wager that you suggested? i tried for like a week solid to get you to respond but as i expected, you never would reply. anyway, you guys are looking completely pathetic with your excuses as to why we got a recruit and you didn't. it happens. its ok. it was 6 months ago. deal with it. there were like 14 others you lost out on too. if the coaches want to change him...and he wants to do it....and the door is open for him to go back whenever he wants....who cares? now if he quits the team or something, then you may have a leg to stand on. but at this point, you are pathetic. but hey, thanks for being so caring about the well being and the playing time of our players. leave it to you and Prowler to come on and post the latest rumor about Alabama from other message boards or just some crap you make up. since that IS the only time either of you post here anymore.

I would say it is interesting that Alabama keeps recruiting players for other positions like Running Back that end up playing Line Backer.

Its starting to be a weird fetish over there.

LBs have become a bit scarce around here. We have even converted a DB Corey Reemer into a LB as well. If this is their best postion, they are happy and is best for the team, then I'm all for it. It's part of a coach's job to find the best man for each position.

So, is Ingram going to be a DB or a LBer? I'm leaning towards...DB.

Don't lean to far, you might fall flat on your ***.

BTW, I give this thread a .5 grillz.

So, is Ingram going to be a DB or a LBer? I'm leaning towards...DB.

Don't lean to far, you might fall flat on your ***.

BTW, I give this thread a .5 grillz.

That's actually pretty funny.

Saban lied to a recruit? Who would have ever thought it! :o I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

like CTT lied to DeRon Furr?

So, giving him a shot at QB through the spring is lying to him?

By the way, how's QB working out for Earl Alexander?

like CTT lied to DeRon Furr?

So, giving him a shot at QB through the spring is lying to him?

By the way, how's QB working out for Earl Alexander?

if you would have read through the entire thread, you would have seen where i said that i don't think that CTT actually lied to Furr. we are using that to get it thru the heads of a few that sometimes people change positions. Jordan was given his shot at RB as Furr was at QB. Jordan played LB at Norcross before he moved to TN. Jordan wasn't going to be where he wanted to be compared to some of the other guys (there are already 4 that will see PT this season, then 2 more that won't), and was given the option of going to LB for a possibility of earlier PT. plus he was given the option of moving back whenever he wanted. CNS has stated on numerous occasions that he does not move people unless they agree to it and has no problem putting them back when they ask. the theory is if you put them somewhere they don't want to be they aren't going to have their head in it and won't do well anyways.

Archived