Auburn recruited Chris Jordan to play LB, he said that Coach $abban told

The Prowler

In defense of CTT, CTT told the players the night before he left that he didn't know what was going to happen, the comment that you refer to I believe came earlier in the year.

How is this a defense of CTT?

As far as Tuberville's players that have left the team, last I checked it's not been for felonies or misdemanors, but I don't blame Saban for that in all honesty, Shula just didn't have any standards involved in who he recruited.

Nobody said anything about the players who were arrested.

As far as your comment about Auburn's recruiting you can't just ignore the fact that 14 of our starters on the team this year were 3 star prospects or less, Tuberville has never held serve with Florida, UGA, or LSU in the recruiting stars department and he probably won't with Alabama, it doesn't mean he's going to be any less successful than he is now. I think you could even make the argument that are top 5 players on this team were not highly rated guys (Jerraud Powers, Senderrick Marks, Tyronne Green, Antonio Coleman, Chris Evans), all of those guys were 3 stars or less and they were our most productive players last year.

You TOTALLY missed the point here.

This is an Auburn board, you should expect these things, and not freak out everytime someone makes a lighthearted comment about UAT with a 1000 word essay on why they're wrong and you're right.

It's not a lighthearted comment. It's EVERY FREAKIN TIME something happens at UA that has already happened at Auburn: CTT is the saint, and CNS is the devil...given the same exact circumstances.

It's a double standard, plain and simple.

You sound like you are not very happy here. :(

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a pretty happy dude actually.

Dang it.

Don't sweat it. He's got a whole season of misery developing.

It's not a lighthearted comment. It's EVERY FREAKIN TIME something happens at UA that has already happened at Auburn: CTT is the saint, and CNS is the devil...given the same exact circumstances.

It it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck....

Nick Saban is an a-hole. Plain and simple. The way he lives his life dictates this. Ask ANY fanbase and they will tell you the same. The guy is respected ONLY for his work ethic and W-L record. No one respects him for character. Forgive me if I don't compare Saban and Tuberville. There is far more to contrast.

Meanwhile, Tuberville is respected all around coaching circles as a man of strong character.

So, when similar situations (not Identical, mind you) come up, it's not just my AU bias that leads me to this "double standard." It's a series of character flaws.

It it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck....

Nick Saban is an a-hole. Plain and simple. The way he lives his life dictates this. Ask ANY fanbase and they will tell you the same. The guy is respected ONLY for his work ethic and W-L record. No one respects him for character. Forgive me if I don't compare Saban and Tuberville. There is far more to contrast.

Meanwhile, Tuberville is respected all around coaching circles as a man of strong character.

So, when similar situations (not Identical, mind you) come up, it's not just my AU bias that leads me to this "double standard." It's a series of character flaws.

But those "character flaws" are based on your pre-existing double standard:

ie Saban's BIGGEST PR hit is leaving Miami. Where you guys called him a liar for months. Yet you see NOTHING wrong with the pine box situation.

But those "character flaws" are based on your pre-existing double standard:

ie Saban's BIGGEST PR hit is leaving Miami. Where you guys called him a liar for months. Yet you see NOTHING wrong with the pine box situation.

No, those "character flaws" are built off of various instances where Saban treats those "subordinate" to him as garbage. His assistants generally hate working under him. He acts like the media are 3rd graders. He shuts all practices and insists on being the guy who answers all the press' questions, but cannot understand why the press even would ask. He showed no balls during the DJ Hall LaMonroe fiasco. He is constantly skirting the rules in recruiting (not cheating, but pushing the limits). His current players (or Shula's players as they've been called) clearly don't respect him based on their exploits during the offseason. He sees the players as "talent" and not students (as evidenced by his comments about NOT suspending a player, because '[Football] is what they came here to do.')

I don't have a problem with the Miami thing. He was clearly working out a deal in the background. The media practically forced him to either: A. 'Out' himself and wreck his Miami deal (ruining his bargaining power) or B. Lie. Given that non-choice, I'm likely to lie too. And I don't think I'm that bad of a dude.

I didn't care for the way Tuberville/Auburn handled the situation some time ago. Basically, the whole "Petrino-gate" thing should've seemed really familiar to Tubs, because that's how HE got the job in the first place. The Athletic Dept. at AU back then was full of sleazebags. But, I think the "pine box" thing has been blown way out of context. It certainly MUST be considered more tame than "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," since Tuberville said it off the record to a friend.

I do have a problem with Saban leaving Miami after 2 years. Miami bent over backwards to get the guy. They were willing to give him whatever he wanted, and he just bolted without any real warning. Still, that hardly registers on the scale when compared to his day-to-day a-hole-ery.

How can you NOT see that he is a total jerk? Really?!

It's no use RWS. Same old double standard exists that always has:

CNS says he's not leaving Miami: it's because he's a liar and a swindler.

CTT says he aint leavin unless it's in a pine box: oh he's just protecting his players and his family.

Your pine box thing is a pathetic, deperate straw you have to hang on to. There is no comparison to what Saban did and Tubs saying to a few local reporters the pine box comment. Tubs didn't say it repeatedly to national media like Saban did. And you can't produce a video showing indisputable first hand evidence of what Tubs said. It's readily available for Saban. In fact I posted it in another thread. For all you know, Tubs may have been joking around with a couple of local reporters. He was joking the other day when he talked about Saban going to the Washington Redskins yet a lot of bammers got fractured butts over it.

Videos of Saban's denials leave no room for doubt. Saban's lies and his audience compare to John Edward's lies about his affair.

Seriously BG. Do you, or do you not think Saban is a jerk?

I do not think that Coach Saban is a jerk. I don't personally like the way that he talks to the press, but I have never been in that situation, so I don't know how I would behave. I do believe that some of the media tries to bait him and get him to say things, and he tries to speculate what they are saying and cut them off at the knees before they ask. He makes a comment off the record, and it gets written about anyway, and after that I don't think that I would trust the press either.

There has always been speculation about what previous assistant coaches have said about Saban, and nothing concrete about him as a person. The main thing that these coaches did not like was the work hours that they had to put in with Coach Saban.

There has only been gossip about how he treats people that work at the University. I just don't believe it.

He and his wife work for a charity that provides money for kids, and they gave a million dollars for scholarships for non athletics to go to college. People that are total jerks don't do this. He is a great family man, and truly loves his family. People that are total jerks don't speak well of their families.

I think that he was raised with a "no nonsense" attitude and that is all he knows.

There has only been gossip about how he treats people that work at the University. I just don't believe it.

I have a first cousin who has worked in the AD Office for many years. She is a die hard bama fan but she hates Saban and says he is the most disliked HC bama has had since she has been there.

I don't have any inside contacts at LSU but I have heard he was not liked in their AD Office either. It doesn't matter to me since I don't have to be around him.

Tubs didn't say it repeatedly to national media like Saban did.

Because CTT wasn't asked repeated by the national media.

Is that not the point? You're trying to frame two different situations as identical. They weren't. One was much more blatant and dramatic. I can't find any footage of CTT and the pine box comment. It certainly wasn't angrily declared to ESPN.

I don't have a problem with the Miami thing. He was clearly working out a deal in the background. The media practically forced him to either: A. 'Out' himself and wreck his Miami deal (ruining his bargaining power) or B. Lie. Given that non-choice, I'm likely to lie too.

He had bama by the balls anyway. They were desperate for a new direction and he was their saviour. Miami was good to saban and he wasn't man enough to be straight with them even after the story broke. That wreaks no matter how much its sugar coated.

And...before you say it...If CTT wasn't honest with Ole Miss and his players there then he was wrong also. But one screw up in 10+ years is all you guys have to hang your hat on!?!

Tubs didn't say it repeatedly to national media like Saban did.

Because CTT wasn't asked repeated by the national media.

Is that not the point? You're trying to frame two different situations as identical. They weren't. One was much more blatant and dramatic. I can't find any footage of CTT and the pine box comment. It certainly wasn't angrily declared to ESPN.

I don't have a problem with the Miami thing. He was clearly working out a deal in the background. The media practically forced him to either: A. 'Out' himself and wreck his Miami deal (ruining his bargaining power) or B. Lie. Given that non-choice, I'm likely to lie too.

He had bama by the balls anyway. They were desperate for a new direction and he was their saviour. Miami was good to saban and he wasn't man enough to be straight with them even after the story broke. That wreaks no matter how much its sugar coated.

And...before you say it...If CTT wasn't honest with Ole Miss and his players there then he was wrong also. But one screw up in 10+ years is all you guys have to hang your hat on!?!

It's amazing that we're really still talking about both situations. Both men lied. Saban happened to make his in front of the press, but that's only because Oxford isn't a high profile sports city and Tuberville didn't have an accomplished record at the time.

Again, the difference is, we see it as normal. You CANNOT just go around saying "Yeah, I'm interested in the Alabama/Auburn job...we haven't come to terms yet, and if we don't, I'd sure love to stick around here"...

But AU people are blasting Saban for it, while giving CTT a free pass.

Again, the difference is, we see it as normal. You CANNOT just go around saying "Yeah, I'm interested in the Alabama/Auburn job...we haven't come to terms yet, and if we don't, I'd sure love to stick around here"...

We sure as hell are not going to kiss $aban's ass like you Bammer fans are required to do. :moon:

We sure as hell are not going to kiss $aban's ass like you Bammer fans are required to do. :moon:

I'm not kissing anyone's ass. And I have my criticisms of Saban for sure. But I tire of the double standard that exists among fans (not just AU fans) when something happens with their team, and it's never the coaches fault...same thing happens to ours, and it's ALWAYS some underhanded scheme from CNS.

I understand that somewhat, but the national media was all over it. The state media was in a frenzy and saban was still telling the owner of the dolphins that there was no truth to it. Imo, the least he could have said was "Yeah, they contacted me about a job but we don't have a deal or anything..."

Spin bammers spin but try as you might, there is no way you can rationalize the pine box comment to be in the same category as the much publicized lies of Bill Clinton, John Edwards or......Nick Saban.

I doubt anyone of you honestly believe that if a poll was done with no Auburn or bama fans allowed to vote that the Tubs comment would come close to the others I list.

Once a day and twice on Sunday.

I'm not kissing anyone's ass. And I have my criticisms of Saban for sure. But I tire of the double standard that exists among fans (not just AU fans) when something happens with their team, and it's never the coaches fault...same thing happens to ours, and it's ALWAYS some underhanded scheme from CNS.

Please enlighten us as to your criticisms of $aban. . .

What double standard? As you say, there's always some underhanded scheme from CNS that makes you Bammers look bad! :poke::roflol::poke: That's more standard than double standard.

I understand that somewhat, but the national media was all over it. The state media was in a frenzy and saban was still telling the owner of the dolphins that there was no truth to it. Imo, the least he could have said was "Yeah, they contacted me about a job but we don't have a deal or anything..."

I'm sure you'd say that to your employer.

I'm sure you'd say that to your employer.

Actually, I can see many reasons why I would say that to my employer. In fact, last year I did say it to my employer because I wanted to be the first to tell him about it and assure him I was happy where I was. In the past I've also told him when I was unhappy and the reasons why I was looking about. All those reasons got addressed and I stayed.

You don't communicate with your boss? You don't see any examples where it is prudent to communicate with them? Maybe it's just an issue of values.

Read my lips.......Tubs NEVER said he was not going to be Auburn's next HC. Saban REPEATEDLY said he was not going to be bama's next HC. Huge difference no matter how you try to spin or rationalize it.

Both men lied.

Yeah but telling your kid there is a Santa Claus isn't in the same boat with telling your wife you were not out with another woman last night (if you were).

Archived