Just to give honest props.

FootballFanatic

I don't know if this a game type thread, but why did Clemson completely abandon the run? I realize they had few yards and got themselves in a little hole, but a good ways through the 2nd half the 2 backs combined had less than 10 carries! You have to keep going back to those guys and trust (or at least hope) they'll do something. To whoever made the comment a long time ago about Clemson realizing James Davis was actually on the team - you were right on.

Clemson's D looked pathetic, and the whole team completely undisciplined (from what I saw which wasn't that much)

Good performance out of Ingram and most of the UAT D.

because our D-Line was stuffing it and we were scoring every time we touched the ball...thats why they abandoned the run.

Yeah, but they had like 9 carries combined like in the 4th quarter, and I doubt they added more than a couple after that considering the situation. Someone stuffing you 9 times doesn't mean abandon the run. That means make them try to stuff you 20 times, and then think about completely abandoning the run. Clemson became completely 1 dimensional for virtually the entire game, and when you do that against an SEC D they will shut you down as bama did.

Now I'm not saying the game would have had a different outcome, but it was certainly horrible coaching from Clemson.

Clemson got so out-coached tonight it isn't even funny.

EDIT: I just checked to assure myself I'm not crazy: 8 carries for the entire game between Davis and Spiller, yes 8! 4 of those came in the second and third drives after the first drive was ended on the first rush of the game by CUMBIE! I scanned the plays for the other carries and they weren't getting a lot but it's not like they were losing 2 yards on every play. Here's the stats on the RBs just for info.

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

J. Davis 6 13 2.2 0 6

C. Spiller 2 7 3.5 0 8

I've seen the light regarding the Clemson coaching staff. Isn't there a new offensive coordinator running the show this season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a point runs, if clemson can't open a hole with their oline against a young team like Alabama, the two best runningbacks in the world can't do anything.

I think clemsons in for a very long season with that line.

you yourself even said:

Im seeing 17-20 point margin of victory. I see Clemson kicking their butt on the offensive side of the ball and their defense keeps bama very tame on offense.

why has that changed now? you knew about their OL when you made that statement, so what changes it now? according to everybody our DL was GREATLY suspect anyways. we held them to 1 yard on 14 rushing attempts......O N E Y A R D!! and NO offensive TD. they had 189 total offensive yards and 93 yards of that was gained against our 2nd teamers with their first team still in. that is well beyond having a young OL. you show me what other team this season holds Clemson to only 1 yard rushing.

I would say this, their line last year was stout. This year, with replacements you still expect a team to do a better job adding in new talent. Alabama had a veritably rebuilt Defensive line and did a great job training the kids up.

Clemson rushed like crazy last year and I honestly wouldn't have imagined their line would have been so poorly prepared and uninspired. Even then you expected some more screens and flat passes to their running backs.

In the End, Bama played well and Clemson stunk it it up much worse than I would have ever expected.

Whats wrong with saying a team absolutely surprised me by playing VERY far below expectations. There wasn't many analysts across the country that didn't see the game going more the way of swapping the teams names by the scores.

I understand your excited, but acting as though predictions of you getting stomped are so odd now is a bit silly. I was by far with the majority. Turns out that Clemson is going to struggle to run the ball when they can't pass or block. Unfortunately for Clemson, there are 2 backs looking to the NFL asap.

Thanks for the props guys!

It does feel nice to have a win and put together a complete team effort. Hopefully for us we can continue to improve.

It's all a part of the process....pun intended. :D

PS. Congrats on your opening win as well.

Just a point runs, if clemson can't open a hole with their oline against a young team like Alabama, the two best runningbacks in the world can't do anything.

you yourself even said:

Im seeing 17-20 point margin of victory. I see Clemson kicking their butt on the offensive side of the ball and their defense keeps bama very tame on offense.

why has that changed now? you knew about their OL when you made that statement, so what changes it now? according to everybody our DL was GREATLY suspect anyways. we held them to 1 yard on 14 rushing attempts......O N E Y A R D!! and NO offensive TD. they had 189 total offensive yards and 93 yards of that was gained against our 2nd teamers with their first team still in. that is well beyond having a young OL. you show me what other team this season holds Clemson to only 1 yard rushing.

I understand your excited, but acting as though predictions of you getting stomped are so odd now is a bit silly. I was by far with the majority. Turns out that Clemson is going to struggle to run the ball when they can't pass or block. Unfortunately for Clemson, there are 2 backs looking to the NFL asap.

and there was a laundry list of reasons by that majority as to why Clemson was so much better than us. talk about their OL being horrid all you want, but their D returned nearly everybody from last season. its just amusing when you talk up Clemson SO much that they are going to beat us by 20 points, but when we wipe the floor with them then, oh, they aren't that good so it really didn't count anyways. granted, we could fall flat on our face and lose to Tulane next week. however, i don't see it happening. i just think its petty to sit there and completely rag us in a thread about why a team is so much better than us but then when we win you try to come up with reasons out of the other corner of your mouth as to why that team really isn't any good in the first place.

you yourself even said:

and there was a laundry list of reasons by that majority as to why Clemson was so much better than us. talk about their OL being horrid all you want, but their D returned nearly everybody from last season. its just amusing when you talk up Clemson SO much that they are going to beat us by 20 points, but when we wipe the floor with them then, oh, they aren't that good so it really didn't count anyways. granted, we could fall flat on our face and lose to Tulane next week. however, i don't see it happening. i just think its petty to sit there and completely rag us in a thread about why a team is so much better than us but then when we win you try to come up with reasons out of the other corner of your mouth as to why that team really isn't any good in the first place.

rws, why can you not understand that EVERYONE was WRONG about clemson? why any of us believed the hype after the way they wet their pants just about every season, i don't know. i fully expected bama to come out and pop them in the mouth and had a feeling they would win, but i also had a pretty good feeling it was going to be a ballgame. just admit that you're just as shocked as we are and fold up your feathers. you deserve serious props for that game, but being shocked that none of us (save PC :rolleyes:) are jumping on your bandwagon is ridiculous. just remember...

WE HATE :ua: . props on the win, but we're moving on to next week...

you yourself even said:

rws, why can you not understand that EVERYONE was WRONG about clemson? why any of us believed the hype after the way they wet their pants just about every season, i don't know. i fully expected bama to come out and pop them in the mouth and had a feeling they would win, but i also had a pretty good feeling it was going to be a ballgame. just admit that you're just as shocked as we are and fold up your feathers. you deserve serious props for that game, but being shocked that none of us (save PC :rolleyes:) are jumping on your bandwagon is ridiculous. just remember...

i'm not so much shocked that we won, however, i'm VERY shocked that we won in that fashion and by such a large margin. i figured a win by10 points, and that was being optimistic.

:ua: is looking very good atm. They are running the ball well, passing well, and their defensive line is playing very well.

Here are the props.

:puke:

Lets just see how good Clemsuck is before go overboard. I personally dont see how Bowden has a job after this one tho. He has had a career full of bad games so far. He is an 8-5 coach with 10-11 win talent.

:ua: is still representing the :sec: VERY well tho. Honest props...

evening gentlemen......

DKW, take a look back at this thread: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50071

according to 99% of the people in that one, we were going to get our faces stomped in by Clemson because they are world beaters. its funny how all those reasons for Clemson being so good automatically disappear when we kick their teeth in. it was for all those same reasons that they were pre-ranked #9. you guys were RAVING about yourselves about beating them in OT last season with an offense they had never even seen you guys run before. they have 8 months to get ready for us and its just "lets see how good Clemsuck is first."

thanks to those who did give a genuine attempts to give props. FootballFanatic, i know you predicted us losing by 20+ so your props are well received :thumbsup:

P.S.: Prowler, JJ doesn't mind contact. see: block for Javier Arenas on the opening kickoff

Funny. I just went through that thread and of the 19 Auburn fans who offered a prediction, only 10 of them predicted a big Clemson win (defined as more than 10 points). Less than that predicted a "stomping." One even predicted Bama would win. And I was being generous. Actually there were only 9 of 19 predicting a win of more than 10 pts, but I gave you one guy that said Clemson by 9 but the score wouldn't reflect the reality that the game was never in doubt. So it makes good sense that you'd see a lot of us ask how good Clemson really is before assessing how good Bama is on the basis of this one game.

Nice win for Bama, and a great start. They should be 4-0 when they head to Athens. We'll see how good they are then, but for now they look good, and Clemson looks pathetic. Bowden is toast.

My congrats also to the Crimson. A well played game ...played well enough to make this Auburn fan feel a little sick, particularly while watching our offense sputter at the same time. (Thank God for 2 TV's!) I'd be feeling real good if I pulled for uat.

But it's only week one. Predictably, the one Bama fan at the gameday party I attended was already talking about another National Championship by the 3rd quarter...

IMHO, LSU, Georgia, & Florida still looked like the cream of the SEC yesterday, though. And how about Ole Miss?--didn't see that (41 points) coming!

you yourself even said:

i'm not so much shocked that we won, however, i'm VERY shocked that we won in that fashion and by such a large margin. i figured a win by10 points, and that was being optimistic.

I am shocked into next year...I eat my previous words, some delicious crow, etc. Bamar played a great game...and I really, really hate that. :(

P.S. Clemson SU*KS!!!

:au::homer:

Good win for the Bammers. They looked well prepared and executed well. Was this TB's last flop? I don't see Tommy being retain as Clemson's HC after this year.

To be fair, Titan, throwing in at the end of your prediction "but Clemson underachieves under Bowden" is a pretty convienent hedge against a possible Bama win so you could point to it and not have to get any credit to the Tide.

And I think that's what I'm seeing from a lot of people. Yeah Bama won, but Clemson SUUUUX.

Bottom line, Clemson isn't as good as their #9 ranking, and Bama may not be as good as they looked last night.

But either way, it's fairly obvious that this isn't the same Bama team from last year.

Bama played a complete game in which we haven't played a complete game in a while. It looks like JP is going to have a season like J Campbell had when Borges arrived. JP made great decisions and his footwork looked pretty good. The RB rotation appears to be strong and freshman Ingram ran hard. The offensive line looked to be the difference in the game. The UGA game looks like it will be a good one. Any word on Andre Smith?

Certainly give Bama props. Clemson's OLine and qb didn't play and Bama did. I just assumed that Clemson would be able to reload at least a little of the line talent thet lost.

Bama shouldn't get too high after one game and AU shouldn't fret about our offense.......yet. We played very vanilla on the offense and defense. Our vanilla defense (incl 2nd string) outmanned them. All aspects of our passing game were pitiful.

Bama played a complete game in which we haven't played a complete game in a while. It looks like JP is going to have a season like J Campbell had when Borges arrived. JP made great decisions and his footwork looked pretty good. The RB rotation appears to be strong and freshman Ingram ran hard. The offensive line looked to be the difference in the game. The UGA game looks like it will be a good one. Any word on Andre Smith?

I think they kept Andre out as a precaution and we were up 31-10. He never went in for x-rays or anything and was on the sidelines walking around.

"But either way, it's fairly obvious that this isn't the same Bama team from last year."

Don't be so hard on your team. They looked almost as dominating as last years team did against Tennessee.

Fact: Bama looked good, real good.

Fact: I ate my words, as did many others.

Fact: Bama would have beaten many teams last night.

Fact: Bama fans will be even more obnoxious now.

Myth: Bama will go undefeated this year.

Fact: They will have two losses going in to the Iron Bowl (UGA, LSU), which will help Auburn's ranking when we beat them for #7.

Fact: They will have two losses going in to the Iron Bowl (UGA, LSU), which will help Auburn's ranking when we beat them for #7.

I haven't seen anyone perpetuate your "Myth" assumption. Everyone in the dome last night that I talked to still expect us to have an uphill battle with our big 4 games in the SEC this year.

I haven't seen anyone perpetuate your "Myth" assumption. Everyone in the dome last night that I talked to still expect us to have an uphill battle with our big 4 games in the SEC this year.

Grad, cmon now...I sincerely doubt in the middle of celebrating a butt whoopin' you and your buds discussed how hard of a season it's going to be. REALITY: 97.568% of all Bama fans contemplated saying "I think we will go undefeated". 49.762% actually verbalized it.

Note: The above statistics are true and accurate. Data is drawn from spending the first 22 years of my life living in the great state of Alabama.

That was a very impressive game for Alabama. Theres no doubt in my mind that Clemson laid an Egg, but even if Clemson showed up at their best I don't think Bama was losing last night.

That was the worst coached game I have ever seen. Spiller got Two TWO carries. The sad thing is one of those went for 8 yards. How do you give up on a STUD like CJ after two carried, especially when one of those was successful, not to mention the kick off return. Looks like all 3 bowdens my be unemployed after this year.

Like I said congrats Bama on a great performance and great win. Its very possible alot of us will be eating crow on our 7-5 or worse predictions for Bama (I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if they are still looking strong after UGA). Careful not to make any outlandish predictions after one win. Haven't seen any of ya'll do so. But I've seen others already calling for a NC after this game.

Heres to an undefeated matchup in the Iron Bowl.

Honestly while there are nuts in each fan base I honestly can say that the majority was NOT thinking about an undefeated season or a national championship, or even an SEC champ. This Bama fan was still a little scared at the start of the 4th quarter and I love my beloved Crimson Tide as much as the next Bama fan.

In the real world i am happy to have a win and I believe it is a nice step in the direction that you want your football team to go. For me it is one game to the next and as a fan I don't overlook any team. I hope the players and coaches do not either. Example: ULM 07 Argg! :(

Anyway it all part of the process...............lol just kidding on that one.

im proud of the way we played Saturday, but time to get ready for Tulane. Its one game, good win, time to build on that.

5 things that we learned

1. Ingram is the #2 running back for sure. Maybe #1 by the end of the season.

2. JP can make short throws when we are running the ball well.

3. Terrence Cody is a few biscuits short of 400 Lbs. (there is no way he weights 360)

4. Bama's kickoff coverage still needs work.

5. Clemson didnt live up to their hype once agian. The ACC sucks, they should stick to basketball.

Hey, good job Bama! That was the textbook definition of a "complete game". Way to represent the SEC. It pains me to say all this, but you gotta give credit where credit is due, and yall deserve it!

Geez, I gotta go brush my teeth now, I just threw up in my mouth a little. <_<

:ua: is looking very good atm. They are running the ball well, passing well, and their defensive line is playing very well.

Here are the props.

:puke:

Bama executed well--against a very average Clemson football team. Clemson has not been able to turn the corner and become a consisten, serious football team. They always either open strong and fall apart later in the season or stumble out of the gates and then piece it together just a bit too late. I won't be sold on Bama until after the UGA game

Bama executed well--against a very average Clemson football team. Clemson has not been able to turn the corner and become a consisten, serious football team. They always either open strong and fall apart later in the season or stumble out of the gates and then piece it together just a bit too late. I won't be sold on Bama until after the UGA game

So we have to beat the #1 team in the nation on the road before you'll be willing to admit we are a good team?

Nice.

Archived