Just to give honest props.

FootballFanatic

Bama executed well--against a very average Clemson football team. Clemson has not been able to turn the corner and become a consisten, serious football team. They always either open strong and fall apart later in the season or stumble out of the gates and then piece it together just a bit too late. I won't be sold on Bama until after the UGA game

So we have to beat the #1 team in the nation on the road before you'll be willing to admit we are a good team?

Nice.

I think what he said is fair. Im not totally sold on us until the UGA game either. I think Bama is good, but im not getting to excited yet.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bama executed well--against a very average Clemson football team. Clemson has not been able to turn the corner and become a consisten, serious football team. They always either open strong and fall apart later in the season or stumble out of the gates and then piece it together just a bit too late. I won't be sold on Bama until after the UGA game

So we have to beat the #1 team in the nation on the road before you'll be willing to admit we are a good team?

Nice.

I think what he said is fair. Im not totally sold on us until the UGA game either. I think Bama is good, but im not getting to excited yet.

There's a difference in being "sold" on a team, and expecting them to win the national championship. Even if Clemson is not as good as we originally thought (which they aren't), Alabama proved saturday that they're a good football team. How good is yet to be determined.

Do I expect them to win the SEC title? Not at all. Do I think the product put on the field saturday indicates they may be farther along than I thought going in? Absolutely.

Just curious BG, how did you feel about the Bama team after the Tenn game last year?

You can't judge a team on one good outing. Bama may end up having a great season. But lets just wait to judge them.

We scored a lot of our points late against UT last year. We blew them out ultimately, but we weren't in control and didn't dominate NEARLY like we did against Clemson.

You all can keep comparing this to the UT game last year to make yourselves feel better. But it's apples and oranges. It was 24-17 until 6 mins left in the third quarter. And that was after an INT we got deep in our own territory. UT was on their way to tie the game before we picked that one off.

Again, I don't understand why it pains you all to agree that you saw a good football team saturday that was well prepared. Nobody here is predicting 13-0. But I think it's safe to say all those 5-7 and 6-6 predictions you guys were throwing out there are soon to be a distant memory.

First off...we are not giving props to bama fans. Stop thanking us. We are giving props to the team and coaching staff for doing what they did on Saturday.

But...this doesn't change anything yet. Clemson has a history for losing games like this. I believe that Bama will challenge and compete for sec championships in the coming years, but I don't think this year will be it. I'm going to take a wait and see approach with this team. If they do continue to play the way they did on Saturday, I could see them winning the west this season, although I don't think this is the year yet. They had a melt down last season, and while I don't expect that again, they have to have some consistency.

Bama played great and JPW was very good. Didn't expect that out of him. The O line and D line won the game for Bama.

Nice.

I must have missed the part where I said they needed to go shlack UGA before I'd be sold on them. Go into Athens and play a solid football game--period. Maintain the intensity and execution against one of the SEC's elite and win or lose, I'll say they're a good football team. Until Bama proves otherwise, they beat an overrated, overmatched Clemson team out of a very weak ACC. It is very easy to come out of the gates excited and intense, it is more difficult to maintain that level performance, and that is the mark of a great football team--consistency.

Cheers

Fact: Bama looked good, real good.

Fact: I ate my words, as did many others.

Fact: Bama would have beaten many teams last night.

Fact: Bama fans will be even more obnoxious now.

Myth: Bama will go undefeated this year.

Fact: They will have two losses going in to the Iron Bowl (UGA, LSU), which will help Auburn's ranking when we beat them for #7.

I haven't seen anyone perpetuate your "Myth" assumption. Everyone in the dome last night that I talked to still expect us to have an uphill battle with our big 4 games in the SEC this year.

Grad, cmon now...I sincerely doubt in the middle of celebrating a butt whoopin' you and your buds discussed how hard of a season it's going to be. REALITY: 97.568% of all Bama fans contemplated saying "I think we will go undefeated". 49.762% actually verbalized it.

Note: The above statistics are true and accurate. Data is drawn from spending the first 22 years of my life living in the great state of Alabama.

LOL........On the roundtable on JOX yesterday, I kid you not, some moron called in and asked Bill Oliver this: "Coach, if we get past Georgia in Athens, who do you think we match up with better? USC or Ohio State?.........LOL!!!!!!! Needless to say, I almost wrecked from laughter and Brother Oliver almost had a coronary from laughter. So, Auburn fans, I see what you mean. B)

All things considered, I will stick with uat's record more on the 7-5 / 8-4 side of things. Clemson (the "team" that was on the field Saturday night) would/will lose to Spurrier and the Gamecocks.

Example: ULM 07 Argg! :(

That wasn't your only faux paus in '07. You insisted you had inside info that Tubs was leaving and propogated that rumor as fact.

Example: ULM 07 Argg! :(

That wasn't your only faux paus in '07. You insisted you had inside info that Tubs was leaving and propogated that rumor as fact.

I think the Arkansas administration wearing out CTT's phone lines perpetuated it more than anything.

Then again...EVERYTHING that happens to AU is Bama's fault. Got a point there.

To the contrary, AU OWNS uat...thus, everything that happens to uat is AU's Fault!

Nice.

I must have missed the part where I said they needed to go shlack UGA before I'd be sold on them. Go into Athens and play a solid football game--period. Maintain the intensity and execution against one of the SEC's elite and win or lose, I'll say they're a good football team. Until Bama proves otherwise, they beat an overrated, overmatched Clemson team out of a very weak ACC. It is very easy to come out of the gates excited and intense, it is more difficult to maintain that level performance, and that is the mark of a great football team--consistency.

Cheers

Is that you Coach $aban?

Cheers

Is that you Coach $aban?

Ha, not quite. I'm just tired of listening to Alabama fans talk about how fantastic they are. Until $atan conjures fire or Julio Jones actually strikes someone down with lightning while walking on water I don't want to hear anything else about how fantastic they are going to be. I realize some of the Bama fans here aren't as extreme as others but as a general rule, the Alabama fanbase insists they are still the best team that ever stepped onto a football field.

Archived