Just to give honest props.

FootballFanatic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ua: is looking very good atm. They are running the ball well, passing well, and their defensive line is playing very well.

Here are the props.

:puke:

Lets just see how good Clemsuck is before go overboard. I personally dont see how Bowden has a job after this one tho. He has had a career full of bad games so far. He is an 8-5 coach with 10-11 win talent.

:ua: is still representing the :sec: VERY well tho. Honest props...

I will also give bama big props. They look great but Clemson looks terrible. They are dropping tons of passes, Harper can't hit the receiver, o-line can't get a push.

:ua: is looking very good atm. They are running the ball well, passing well, and their defensive line is playing very well.

Here are the props.

:puke:

Lets just see how good Clemsuck is before go overboard. I personally dont see how Bowden has a job after this one tho. He has had a career full of bad games so far. He is an 8-5 coach with 10-11 win talent.

:ua: is still representing the :sec: VERY well tho. Honest props...

evening gentlemen......

DKW, take a look back at this thread: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50071

according to 99% of the people in that one, we were going to get our faces stomped in by Clemson because they are world beaters. its funny how all those reasons for Clemson being so good automatically disappear when we kick their teeth in. it was for all those same reasons that they were pre-ranked #9. you guys were RAVING about yourselves about beating them in OT last season with an offense they had never even seen you guys run before. they have 8 months to get ready for us and its just "lets see how good Clemsuck is first."

thanks to those who did give a genuine attempts to give props. FootballFanatic, i know you predicted us losing by 20+ so your props are well received :thumbsup:

P.S.: Prowler, JJ doesn't mind contact. see: block for Javier Arenas on the opening kickoff

Can I change my picks and have them winning the West? I know it is only one game, but just... wow. The reasons I picked them to defeat Auburn in the preseason were more off feelings, but after today - my gosh (I think I take away the comment about Auburn having more talent)... I mean Bama just looks VERY impressive. They would've destroyed us today if both teams played like they did. Their OL dominated Clemson's DL and their RBs just had a field day. JPW was also very much improved. I never thought he was bad and knew he had it in him, but he reminded me a lot of Jason Campbell of 2004 today. The attitude at Bama was just much different than last year.

Granted, my emotions are based on how they just performed. Things could change during the course of the season. But if they keep this up - it will be difficult for anyone to beat them. No injuries and no mistakes and very well executed plays. It's tough to defeat that.

Clemson is not going to be super bad - they will be like they always are. That said, Alabama definitely deserves all the props. If rankings were based on what they SHOULD be and not how they are - Bama would have to be in the top 10. Very few teams dominate like they did today. And to do it against real competition says something.

Just a point runs, if clemson can't open a hole with their oline against a young team like Alabama, the two best runningbacks in the world can't do anything.

I think clemsons in for a very long season with that line.

Can I change my picks and have them winning the West? I know it is only one game, but just... wow. The reasons I picked them to defeat Auburn in the preseason were more off feelings, but after today - my gosh (I think I take away the comment about Auburn having more talent)... I mean Bama just looks VERY impressive. They would've destroyed us today if both teams played like they did. Their OL dominated Clemson's DL and their RBs just had a field day. JPW was also very much improved. I never thought he was bad and knew he had it in him, but he reminded me a lot of Jason Campbell of 2004 today. The attitude at Bama was just much different than last year.

Granted, my emotions are based on how they just performed. Things could change during the course of the season. But if they keep this up - it will be difficult for anyone to beat them. No injuries and no mistakes and very well executed plays. It's tough to defeat that.

Clemson is not going to be super bad - they will be like they always are. That said, Alabama definitely deserves all the props. If rankings were based on what they SHOULD be and not how they are - Bama would have to be in the top 10. Very few teams dominate like they did today. And to do it against real competition says something.

The bama is back season of a few years ago when they beat florida 31-3 , also ended with a loss to Auburn, so don't go penceling them in for the SEC.

Just a point runs, if clemson can't open a hole with their oline against a young team like Alabama, the two best runningbacks in the world can't do anything.

I think clemsons in for a very long season with that line.

you yourself even said:

Im seeing 17-20 point margin of victory. I see Clemson kicking their butt on the offensive side of the ball and their defense keeps bama very tame on offense.

why has that changed now? you knew about their OL when you made that statement, so what changes it now? according to everybody our DL was GREATLY suspect anyways. we held them to 1 yard on 14 rushing attempts......O N E Y A R D!! and NO offensive TD. they had 189 total offensive yards and 93 yards of that was gained against our 2nd teamers with their first team still in. that is well beyond having a young OL. you show me what other team this season holds Clemson to only 1 yard rushing.

Bama looked like they were ready to play. Clemson looked like they were ready for bed.

Got to give Coach Saban, his staff, and players credit. :clap:

I'm obviously not the first or the loudest to think that Bama was going to lose this one. But, I will be one of the first to give props and say "Good Job". Keep it up, and let's have a classic later in the fall!

I'm obviously not the first or the loudest to think that Bama was going to lose this one. But, I will be one of the first to give props and say "Good Job". Keep it up, and let's have a classic in later in the fall!

amen to that man. i hope the Iron Bowl soon starts deciding the West.

I don't know if this a game type thread, but why did Clemson completely abandon the run? I realize they had few yards and got themselves in a little hole, but a good ways through the 2nd half the 2 backs combined had less than 10 carries! You have to keep going back to those guys and trust (or at least hope) they'll do something. To whoever made the comment a long time ago about Clemson realizing James Davis was actually on the team - you were right on.

Clemson's D looked pathetic, and the whole team completely undisciplined (from what I saw which wasn't that much)

Good performance out of Ingram and most of the UAT D.

I don't know if this a game type thread, but why did Clemson completely abandon the run? I realize they had few yards and got themselves in a little hole, but a good ways through the 2nd half the 2 backs combined had less than 10 carries! You have to keep going back to those guys and trust (or at least hope) they'll do something. To whoever made the comment a long time ago about Clemson realizing James Davis was actually on the team - you were right on.

Clemson's D looked pathetic, and the whole team completely undisciplined (from what I saw which wasn't that much)

Good performance out of Ingram and most of the UAT D.

because our D-Line was stuffing it and we were scoring every time we touched the ball...thats why they abandoned the run.

I'll add my props to Bama! They played a great game and proved what the SEC is made of. Don't you think those guys at ESPN are smiling right now after signing the SEC for next year? And to think they turned down the ACC!

I'll add my props to Bama! They played a great game and proved what the SEC is made of. Don't you think those guys at ESPN are smiling right now after signing the SEC for next year? And to think they turned down the ACC!

Thanks for the props. I am shocked..... I thought it would be a lot tougher game. However, this team could come out and lose to Tulane Saturday, so lets not get too carried away (Bama fans on this board). We have to show consistency and do it against bad teams also. This was a good start......Congrats AU on the win today against a team that beat us..... :no:

I think it's cool of you posters giving props while on your own board. Very classy. BIG win for Bama tonight, Big win for the SEC and to me that's important as well. Ya'll took care of business today as well. All in all the SEC looked great.

By the way, how about that Mark Ingram? WoW

evening gentlemen......

DKW, take a look back at this thread: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50071

according to 99% of the people in that one, we were going to get our faces stomped in by Clemson because they are world beaters. its funny how all those reasons for Clemson being so good automatically disappear when we kick their teeth in. it was for all those same reasons that they were pre-ranked #9. you guys were RAVING about yourselves about beating them in OT last season with an offense they had never even seen you guys run before. they have 8 months to get ready for us and its just "lets see how good Clemsuck is first."

thanks to those who did give a genuine attempts to give props. FootballFanatic, i know you predicted us losing by 20+ so your props are well received :thumbsup:

P.S.: Prowler, JJ doesn't mind contact. see: block for Javier Arenas on the opening kickoff

Well, at least I was not one of them. ;)

Titan did say...

I don't see bammer winning this game either, but I don't see Clemson making it a blowout. They are chronic underachievers under Bowden.

And he was more right than he thought. One game does not a season make, for any team. But that win was awesome for :ua: and the :sec:

I think it's cool of you posters giving props while on your own board. Very classy. BIG win for Bama tonight, Big win for the SEC and to me that's important as well. Ya'll took care of business today as well. All in all the SEC looked great.

By the way, how about that Mark Ingram? WoW

#22 looks like a stud! I seem to remember another hard running #22 in crimson.

Archived