It has already started

bojack34

I went into work today and got exactly what I expected. The bammers were all talking about how Bama is back and the SEC better be very afraid. A couple of bammers even had the nerve to tell me that Bama would beat UGA by atleast 2 touchdowns. :roflol:

Yikes... why try to predict the future? If your team is that good why not just sit back and enjoy the ride. That's what I'm doing. I hope the scenery is nice where we are going.

No...it's shreveport...lovely shreveport. uat's home away from home.

Let's be honest. Alabama looked pretty good in the Clemson game. They looked like a team that wants to win a bunch of games is supposed to look.

But, lest we forget Arkansas 2007, when Bama Was Back again after a "big" SEC win. Bammers were buying Atlanta tickets in droves. Then what happened?

All we have heard in the off season is how Saban was sent to earth to walk among men, and how "past performance is the best predictor of future success." I guess that only fits when you are trying to say "Bama is Back" though.

Let's be honest. Alabama looked pretty good in the Clemson game. They looked like a team that wants to win a bunch of games is supposed to look.

But, lest we forget Arkansas 2007, when Bama Was Back again after a "big" SEC win. Bammers were buying Atlanta tickets in droves. Then what happened?

All we have heard in the off season is how Saban was sent to earth to walk among men, and how "past performance is the best predictor of future success." I guess that only fits when you are trying to say "Bama is Back" though.

Was it that bama looked good or clemson just sucks really bad.

Cause i think we all would agree they didnt deserve a #9 ranking in the preseason polls.

Cause i think we all would agree they didnt deserve a #9 ranking in the preseason polls.

Why would we all agree that Clemson did not deserve a #9 ranking? I think that we can all agree that a team can have a bad game, but still be a good team. Some of you are putting down Clemson just because Bama beat them. If we had lost to Clemson, by even 1 point, you would be saying that Clemson was the best team out there. A lot of people are talking about the fact that Auburn did not play so well on Saturday, and even Coach Dye said that if they had played someone else they might have lost. This does not mean that Auburn is not a good team and not deserving of a top ten ranking. It just means that it was the first game and a lot of things have to be improved upon, and the same thing can be said about Clemson. I hope that we are able to fix things that did not work for us Saturday night, and improve on the things that did.

Watching Clemson's line play in general makes their #9 ranking innapropriate.

Football is won in the trenches and they didn't put up a fight at all. That can't be 100% attributed to Bama, Clemsons line failures will plague them all season long unless corrected quickly.

Clemson won't suck. People need to get that through their minds. They play in the ACC. They may or may not win the ACC, but they are not a 3-5 win team. They will still win 8-10 games.

It was both. Alabama looked good and Clemson looked awful. Clemson will probably not play that bad again for the rest of the season. If Alabama continues to play that good, they will win more games than we expected. But, I definitely don't see them winning all of the Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee big games.

bama my heart:

If we had lost to Clemson, by even 1 point, you would be saying that Clemson was the best team out there.

What??? If Clemson only beat bama by 1 point and were supposed to be a so called national title contender, we would have said they were terrible.

How bad is Clemson? Who knows? But apparently Tommy Bowden doesn't have a clue. He called several coaches after the game including Diddy, Richt and.......Saban.... and asked them what they saw Clemson doing wrong. Of all the Bowdens, Tommy is the only one I like but geez can you believe he would do that?

Clemson won't suck. People need to get that through their minds. They play in the ACC. They may or may not win the ACC, but they are not a 3-5 win team. They will still win 8-10 games.

The clemson "team" that lost to uat on Saturday night will lose to SC and Spurrier...count on it.

I don't thinkt the score had anything to do with how bad Clemson was. While I think Alabama played great, the biggest thing was that Clemson just quit. I mean they just gave up before half was even there. It was sad. No top 10 team should ever do that.

In my opinion Clemson was not what they were supposed to be and neither was Bama. They are not that good and Bama is not that bad.

We have a long way to go before we can start talking smack to rival team fans.........well we can talk smack to UT were one up on them :D

Here is the Clemson schedule:

09/06/08 vs. The Citadel Clemson, SC 3:30 p.m. ET

09/13/08 vs. North Carolina State Clemson, SC 12:00 p.m. ET

09/20/08 vs. South Carolina State Clemson, SC TBA

09/27/08 vs. Maryland Clemson, SC TBA

10/09/08 at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, NC 7:30 p.m. ET

10/18/08 vs. Georgia Tech Clemson, SC TBA

11/01/08 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA TBA

11/08/08 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL TBA

11/15/08 vs. Duke Clemson, SC TBA

11/22/08 at Virginia Charlottesville, VA TBA

11/29/08 vs. South Carolina Clemson, SC TBA

Even though these are not worldbeater opponents, I agree with the 3-5 wins.

In my opinion Clemson was not what they were supposed to be and neither was Bama. They are not that good and Bama is not that bad.

We have a long way to go before we can start talking smack to rival team fans.........well we can talk smack to UT were one up on them :D

I agree totally. Alabama looked way better than anyone (including most Alabama fans) expected, and they soundly beat a mediocre team that was awarded a #9 pre-season ranking simply because they were supposed to be the best team in their conference (which they may still be).

I agree totally. Alabama looked way better than anyone (including most Alabama fans) expected, and they soundly beat a mediocre team that was awarded a #9 pre-season ranking simply because they were supposed to be the best team in their conference (which they may still be).

Sad thing is they probably are the best in the conference... :poke:

BTW I was hoping like everything that we would be better, and I was one of those surprised....shocked fans. ;)

If Bama beats Georgia by 14 then Everyone in the SEC will be on their toes. I don't think it can be done, but I have seen some strange things happen in football.

If Bama beats Georgia by 14 then Everyone in the SEC will be on their toes. I don't think it can be done, but I have seen some strange things happen in football.

if they play even remotely like they did on Saturday, they have a chance to win. Not by two TD's, but they have a chance to win. Remember, they went to overtime with UGA last season.

Unless Bama has a bunch of injuries, I can't see them doing anything but getting better. Of course, anyone can come out flat from time to time.

I haven't seen one African American or poor person in the whole RNC crowd tonight!!!!

Well, keep in mind, now that they do have an awful lot of younger players. As a teacher the only thing consistent about younger kids is that they are inconsistent. I will be surprised if they look that good or better every week.

Archived