A new commit

AUman43

I wouldn't expect him to re-sign BTW. We rarely recruit JUCO OL. Knight did well in camp this summer, we're pretty much just trying to help him get into a good JUCO and maybe get some bonus points with his coach.

I will admit that the process of how this all works is new to me, but how can it be known already that a kid will be a sign and place? School just started for his senior year. Is he that poor of a student that he can't raise his grades and get good ACT/SAT scores? If so, what makes anyone think he will get the grades in a Prep or JUCO school? Just makes me wonder...

I will admit that the process of how this all works is new to me, but how can it be known already that a kid will be a sign and place? School just started for his senior year. Is he that poor of a student that he can't raise his grades and get good ACT/SAT scores? If so, what makes anyone think he will get the grades in a Prep or JUCO school? Just makes me wonder...

Excellent question there PC. I wondered the same thing myself. The guy has a whole year to get his act together in school and you can take the ACT several times. My daughter just started her senior year and she's already taken the SAT once and the ACT 3 times. What if somebody takes him under their wing and makes him see the light about getting his academics in order. Happened for me.

Could it be that's what Auburn and Tyler agreed to? Auburn says, hey we think you have potential, but don't have room for you this year. Go to X school where we have a great relationship with the coaches, work hard, get bigger, etc. and we'll be happy to offer you a scholarship in 2010.

I know its done that way in college baseball. Go to CACC for 2 years, and then come play for us.

It would be like leveraging up your scholarships.

That's a good point and it is possible. I won't deny that as being possible. But truthfully, if that is the case - why wouldn't the coaching staff just say "sorry, we can't give you a scholarship this year, but we can in 2010. You will be an invited walkon." I'd rather have him training with our coaches than playing at a JUCO / Prep school.

That's a good point and it is possible. I won't deny that as being possible. But truthfully, if that is the case - why wouldn't the coaching staff just say "sorry, we can't give you a scholarship this year, but we can in 2010. You will be an invited walkon." I'd rather have him training with our coaches than playing at a JUCO / Prep school.

I don't know what his situation is but he might not be able to afford a year at AU without a scholly.

Archived