Memo to Hugh Nall

PowerI

It's time for you to go. Your offensive line is lousy. You could tape a carton of eggs on Ziemba and Bosley's shoulder pads and the eggs would not be broken by the end of the game. We can't run, because our OL can't block because Huge Knothead can't coach. Take your stale lousy ass out of Auburn, you idiot.

It's time for you to go. Your offensive line is lousy. You could tape a carton of eggs on Ziemba and Bosley's shoulder pads and the eggs would not be broken by the end of the game. We can't run, because our OL can't block because Huge Knothead can't coach. Take your stale lousy ass out of Auburn, you idiot.

This plane should have more than one seat for Nall, enstinker, Knox and other should all be leaving as well.

This plane should have more than one seat for Nall, enstinker, Knox and other should all be leaving as well.

You forgot Tubby's seat in first class...

Everybody but Eddie Gran.

You know, I'm always skeptical of the Fire [insert Name Here] crowd. But the collapse of this program has been so astounding, and so without excuses that I just can't fathom anything else but cleaning house.

I think the head coach at Vandy would be the ideal replacement.

Of course, end the game on a penalty. Encroachment on the offense? never heard that call before.

4-5, sad, sad commentary on this season. Saw some good things but we have got to get a control on the bad penalties and the defense has got to stop getting them. At least it wasn't a blow out.

Rumor is a 11:30 GA game if GA loses today.

We need some changes on the OLine and I think something needs to be done, don't know what. How can a line that didn't lose many players be this much worse this year?

Agreed....I love Tubs so much...but something ain't right. It is time for at least three coaches to say....buh bye now

Of course, end the game on a penalty. Encroachment on the offense? never heard that call before.

4-5, sad, sad commentary on this season. Saw some good things but we have got to get a control on the bad penalties and the defense has got to stop getting them. At least it wasn't a blow out.

Rumor is a 11:30 GA game if GA loses today.

We need some changes on the OLine and I think something needs to be done, don't know what. How can a line that didn't lose many players be this much worse this year?

Who knew Chaz Ramsey was the anchor of the line? He's the only one missing from 2007.

This is the worst coached line in the SEC for 3 years running.

I know this is old news to those that have been on this board for a while, but, powerI and raven are idiots. Please, carry on......

I know this is old news to those that have been on this board for a while, but, powerI and raven are idiots. Please, carry on......

Now that's funny coming from an authority on the issue... :roflol:

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Nall's lines have been fantastic up until this year, and all of a sudden he can't coach. He gets guys to the pros all of the time, and linemen come to AU because of him. It's a combination of things not just the line.

ALL aspects of the offense have been poorly coached this year. I believe it starts with the OL. If you can't block, then obviously you can't run and you can't throw. It's a team effort but poor coaching on that side of the ball as been the downfall.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Nall's lines have been fantastic up until this year, and all of a sudden he can't coach. He gets guys to the pros all of the time, and linemen come to AU because of him. It's a combination of things not just the line.

With ya there. I think that fact that the offensive line was supposed to lose 20#s to play in a CTF offense, we are disadvantaged there now. Beef em' back up and let Nall do his thing. Keep him and Gran, period. Other two, I'm apathetic about. Years of RBs and OL performance and products should keep them around another year. A philosophy change hurt them to begin with, now the long term results are hurting them.

Anyone have a list of :au: linemen that Nall coached that were drafted in the NFL ?I do remember Marcus McNeil was woefully weak at the combine and they really worked with him. His size and mental abilities along with his personal work ethic really paid off.

Most importantly, how about a seat for PowerI?

With ya there. I think that fact that the offensive line was supposed to lose 20#s to play in a CTF offense, we are disadvantaged there now. Beef em' back up and let Nall do his thing. Keep him and Gran, period. Other two, I'm apathetic about. Years of RBs and OL performance and products should keep them around another year. A philosophy change hurt them to begin with, now the long term results are hurting them.

Nall is gone IMO. The total lack of OL this year is the reason our offense is horrendous, that is squarely Nall's fault (although the "bigger" problem should be on Tuberville). Nall is an old school, run the ball even if its going nowhere, play "nasty" on the line type guy. He never bought into Franklin's offense (complete opposite of everything he believes in) and surprise...the OL looks like complete s***. The "weight drop" thing is a bogus excuse...Ziemba looks like a complete stiff, I didn't know that dropping weight (which should make you more agile/mobile) could do the complete opposite. Realistically Nall should NEVER have been the OL coach in a spread offense, that is the biggest mistake Tuberville made (making a drastic change in offense and not putting the correct pieces in place).

Nall is gone IMO. The total lack of OL this year is the reason our offense is horrendous, that is squarely Nall's fault (although the "bigger" problem should be on Tuberville). Nall is an old school, run the ball even if its going nowhere, play "nasty" on the line type guy. He never bought into Franklin's offense (complete opposite of everything he believes in) and surprise...the OL looks like complete s***. The "weight drop" thing is a bogus excuse...Ziemba looks like a complete stiff, I didn't know that dropping weight (which should make you more agile/mobile) could do the complete opposite. Realistically Nall should NEVER have been the OL coach in a spread offense, that is the biggest mistake Tuberville made (making a drastic change in offense and not putting the correct pieces in place).

Agility and mobility would be great in a CTF offense. Now that we try to power it on occasion, the weight loss becomes an issue.

I can agree w/you that Nall is not a spread offensive line coach. BUT, if we are going to try to power it too or run similar to OU type offense he could/possibly should be retained. If we are going to the Oregon offense, he shouldn't be there. I guess it all depends on the overall philosophy as to whether he should return or not.

Agility and mobility would be great in a CTF offense. Now that we try to power it on occasion, the weight loss becomes an issue.

I can agree w/you that Nall is not a spread offensive line coach. BUT, if we are going to try to power it too or run similar to OU type offense he could/possibly should be retained. If we are going to the Oregon offense, he shouldn't be there. I guess it all depends on the overall philosophy as to whether he should return or not.

OU is hardly a "power" running team. I think that Nall is gone either way, him and Knox are for sure gone IMO. We need some youth among the offensive coaches.

Nall is to blame for poor OL perfomance. It's obvious he never bought in and the line picked that up and didn't either. The talent is there. I mean several ppl have said we should have had one of the better O lines in the country, but it never panned out. I don't think Nall should be let go for 1 bad year.

I truly hope that your boss comes in someday and tells you to hit the road in the same courteous manner you prescribe for Nall. Better yet, why don't you just go over and tell Nall what you think. You wouldn't because for starters you don't have the cajones to do it and secondly you are just a pitiful little boy hiding behind a mask on a computer, pretending you are some tough hombre.

I'm sorry but we have had problems with our offensive line for a while now.. it wasn't just this year. I don't know what will happen with Tuberville.. but if he cares about Auburn football (and not his little buddies).. then he will do what is right and get rid of some of the offensive coaches.

When he brings in another offensive coordinator.. let them bring in who they want.

And kind of a side topic... It is normal for teams to have a down year here and there (some teams more than others).. but the way we are losing is sickening. I believe that is what makes this season so bad.

Please ignore my inablility to properly quote. I didn't want to keep quoting response after response so I tried to delete some of them, and apparantly screwed it up.

Not trying to argue with you guys or anything, but I have a question for both of you since you guys mentioned dropping weight for a spread and how a spread line should play. How do you explain Texas Tech's line? They are by average the biggest in the country, and they must be very agile and athletic. I can't think of a team that passes more than they do, at least not one playing at their level. Most of the time they are coming out of the two point stance too, yet they rarely give up sacks. I realize they usually dump the ball off quick, but we tried that too and it didn't work. Their line doesn't get dominated very often like ours does (I'm looking at you Ziemba). They also manage to run block pretty well, I know that their threat of a devastating passing game loosens up the running lanes, but they still manage to blow people off the line down near the end zone. I'd just like some other opinions on this issue since the O Line problems have been very troubling this year and there seem to be vastly different opinions on the cause and solution of/to the problems. As an additional note, I don't claim to know enough about their recruiting classes, but I'd venture a guess that we are able to recruit better linemen than Texas Tech.

Archived