If Tuberville leaves

PowerI

I still believe that Tuberville should be retained for next year, but if he is shown the door, Jacobs needs to follow. Atleast Tuberville has had success at Auburn and is a winner. What has Jacobs done? Ever since he took over in 05 our whole Athletic Department has gone down. Let's start with the Baseball program. When Hal Baird was our baseball coach, we had a proud baseball program and we made it to the regionals atleast 9 out of 10 years and twice to the CWS. Now, we can't even make it to the SEC tournament. Now, lets look at Basketball. We never were strong in basketball, but more times than not, we made it to the NIT and a few times to the NCAA. The last time we made it into the post season was in 2003. Now, our beloved football program is suffering.

Everybody wants to point a finger at Tuberville because of our football team, but who answers for the whole athletic program? Jacobs needs to go back to what he was doing before he was given the AD job, go clean up trash at JH stadium, or go jump in a sticking lake. As long as he is not the AD at Auburn, I really don't care where goes.

I emailed the President about retaining Coach Tuberville and I stand by my statements that we need him at Auburn. If we fire him, it will cost 6 million dollars. Do you honestly think that our AD is managing the money at Auburn effectively. We already have 2 coaches that are collecting paychecks that aren't working, do we need another? I encourage all of you to express your opinions about Jacobs to the President. He might not be relieved this year, but the President might evaluate the job he has done more closely if he is made aware of how the fans, alumni and supporters feel about Jacobs job performance.

I still believe that Tuberville should be retained for next year, but if he is shown the door, Jacobs needs to follow.

No.

Hell, no.

Jacobs should be the very first one out the door, not Tuberville, Nall, Knox, etc.

I have no confidence Jacobs would know a good football coach from a plate of spare ribs, and he's likely to spend more time assessing the qualities of the spare ribs.

Jacobs is a fundraiser and did a good job getting the basketball arena started. That is his realm. He is more of a fan than an administrator. He is out of his depth as an AD. Auburn needs an experienced AD to take the athletic programs to the next level. Enough of this learning on the job crap.

I still believe that Tuberville should be retained for next year, but if he is shown the door, Jacobs needs to follow.

No.

Hell, no.

Jacobs should be the very first one out the door, not Tuberville, Nall, Knox, etc.

I have no confidence Jacobs would know a good football coach from a plate of spare ribs, and he's likely to spend more time assessing the qualities of the spare ribs.

Jacobs is a fundraiser and did a good job getting the basketball arena started. That is his realm. He is more of a fan than an administrator. He is out of his depth as an AD. Auburn needs an experienced AD to take the athletic programs to the next level. Enough of this learning on the job crap.

agree wid' dat 100%

Archived