CTT post Iron Bowl radio presser

Tigertronics

Lining up in the shotgun with four wr's on occasion does not mean that you run the spread. There is a huge difference in what Alabama's offense tries to do and what West Virginia, Oklahoma, etc. try to do.

A true spread !Spreads the lineman too! To give the QB more lanes to run or pass , There maybe as much as tree feet between them, Just because you spread four wide with a empty backfield that's not the damn spread. offence

Mark my words : The spread will not work at Auburn. Running the ball out of the spread is the stupidest and most gimmicky thing a team can do. Yea yea, I know - "it works at Florida." They actually have a coach that believes in it and runs it his way. What happens when Tuberville doesn't like where it is going?

It will not work in the SEC. SEC fans, especially in the state of Alabama, will not wait on this to take shape. We are not Michigan with a new head coach. We have a head coach that has less than 5 years remaining until he plans on retiring. The spread was a disaster this year that cost us a losing season. The fans will not be patient when it does not work again next year. They will call for Tuberville's head next year, mark it down.

Enjoy being in last place for the next 4 years because that is what is going to happen. It will be a mess for the next two years, Tuberville will be forced out of Auburn and we will have to restart traditional Auburn football (I-Form) with a new coach with Spread players.

Alabama will have a 5 year streak on us easily thanks to this.

Thank you DR Optimism

Atleast PC is telling the truth. don't want to believe him? then go back and look at the stats of tonites game.. We are better off trying to run the ball and play defense instead of this BS Mickey Mouse crap.

Then you and PC can go somewhere together and make out. A lot of you same knuckleheads were predicting the end of days back in 2001 too. CTT is a good coach and he's more than held his own over the years against Saban and others. We'll be fine.

Bammer has a coach that runs what needs to be run. If he can line up and smash your nose and win without slinging it around, that's what he will do. If he needs to open it more. He will. Not long ago we did the same, and I hope and pray those days will soon return to the plains. War Eagle!

Lining up in the shotgun with four wr's on occasion does not mean that you run the spread. There is a huge difference in what Alabama's offense tries to do and what West Virginia, Oklahoma, etc. try to do.

A true spread !Spreads the lineman too! To give the QB more lanes to run or pass , There maybe as much as tree feet between them, Just because you spread four wide with a empty backfield that's not the damn spread. offence

Look at the first part of this sentence---"spreads the lineman too!" Which means....that's right boys and girls, the spread is a formation, not an "offence." Bama does not run a spread--the run a pro-style offense and occasionally line up in the spread FORMATION.

He wants to run a spread offense that leans heavily on the run (more power than finese.)

Bama will be playing for a SEC championship, they do not run the spread. Offense du jour... :puke:

we do run a spread, its just more of a pro-style variant.

Thank you rws, we are dealing those that cant handle a loss like real men here.

He wants to run a spread offense that leans heavily on the run (more power than finese.)

Bama will be playing for a SEC championship, they do not run the spread. Offense du jour... :puke:

So you are saying that if you occasionally run a 5 receiver formation then you are a spread offense. I don't think so.

And you think RWS is a man? Not even close. If he's a man God help us.

if my team had been as successful as AU the past few years and this season happened, i would probably be pretty upset with the outcome of this season myself.

if my team had been as successful as AU the past few years and this season happened, i would probably be pretty upset with the outcome of this season myself.

Are you paraphrasing again or can we assume you are trying to ignore the fact that you are trying to divert from admitting when you have been caught being wrong.

Well, he will be...after the surgery. B)

I like the way you think Tex but I don't think even surgery could make a man out of this person. The genitals are not the problem, it's a mouth that likes to make accusations and wrong stastements but can't admit it. Is there any surgery to cure that?

I like the way you think Tex but I don't think even surgery could make a man out of this person. The genitals are not the problem, it's a mouth that likes to make accusations and wrong stastements but can't admit it. Is there any surgery to cure that?

Mouthectomy. But it's unlikely. His podunkistan department just can't live without all his expert advice.

bama runs a spread formation frequently. They go no back some as well. Anytime anyone loads up to stop their run they will go with 3-5 receivers and spread the field wide and are usually successful with it.

Well that's true but I guess every team in the country runs the spread then? When you send your back in motion is it the spread .? Three wides is it the spread huh? come on sometimes its called the shotgun formation. The spread is a offensive strategy not a formation. come on guys.

I never said they ran the spread. They do run somewhat of a form of the spread. They go to the spread type formations rather frequently. It is what I have been begging for for years. When people put 8 or 9 in the box spread the freaking field and air it out. For like 4 years now we have had absolutely no answer to teams cramming the box. Hell, take out 2002,2004 and maybe 2005 and we have never had an answer for those who cram 8 or 9 in the box. CTT should be flogged for his inability to bring in someone who can coach some freaking offense.

Now we can quibble about wtf the spread is and isn't, but I'm done here. It's pretty simple. "The spread" refers to an offense that tries to spread the field on every play. Teams can run variations of the spread that rely heavily at times on spread formations. That's what bama does. It's not hard to understand.

Archived