Tourney Bound?

Aubie27

The overall resume is weak, those early season losses might do us in (games we would have won easily with average free throw shooting); but if the tournament committee is paying attention, this is the hottest team in the SEC right now, and should easily be one of the bubble teams...

What do you think? Are we in? If not, what will it take in the tournament for us to get in?

The pundits say no chance. I haven't been able to find a sight that even puts us on the bubble. Atrocious non conf losses to n. iowa dayton and mercer. We are one of the hottest teams in the country. 8 out of our last 9 isn't bad. However I believe we have to win the tourney to get in or to be on the bubble at least get the champ game. We picked a bad year to go 10-6 in the SEC. No 10-6 SEC team has ever been left out of the tourney although this year will be a first.

WDE and I'm proud of the way this team has persevered. I'm proud of the way this team has no quit in them and plays nasty D challening every shot. We made like 2 threes or so the entire day and our percentage was woeful but we made up for it in pts in the paint and so many other things. Lets keep the wins coming and bring our A game down to Tampa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think? Are we in? If not, what will it take in the tournament for us to get in?

The pundits say no chance. I haven't been able to find a sight that even puts us on the bubble. Atrocious non conf losses to n. iowa dayton and mercer. We are one of the hottest teams in the country. 8 out of our last 9 isn't bad. However I believe we have to win the tourney to get in or to be on the bubble at least get the champ game. We picked a bad year to go 10-6 in the SEC. No 10-6 SEC team has ever been left out of the tourney although this year will be a first.

WDE and I'm proud of the way this team has persevered. I'm proud of the way this team has no quit in them and plays nasty D challening every shot. We made like 2 threes or so the entire day and our percentage was woeful but we made up for it in pts in the paint and so many other things. Lets keep the wins coming and bring our A game down to Tampa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry I misspelled site.....web site. Anyway I hate sounding stupid on these message boards....WDE

I don't know if they will, but they should. If they can win a couple in the SEC Tourney it would help.

WAR EAGLE!

sorry I misspelled site.....web site. Anyway I hate sounding stupid on these message boards....WDE

There is an edit feature

Edit: also UNI and Dayton are most likely tourney teams, we probably should have won, but they are not bad teams. The only bad loss we have is Mercer.

The announcers said that every SEC team in the past with 10 conference wins has gotten in the NCAA tournament. Auburn has 10 wins.

The announcers said that every SEC team in the past with 10 conference wins has gotten in the NCAA tournament. Auburn has 10 wins.

Not to be the naysayers but the SEC unlike most years is B...A...D BAD....It may only get 3 teams although it will probably slip a fourth in. Here's what I was thinking what in our first game we played Florida. If we could beat Florida I would think it would improve our chances since they are likely the fourth team that will get in. As of now I'd say it's LSU UT and South Carolina. Florida will probably be the fourth although if they lose to us in the tourney they'll be in trouble imho

Not to be the naysayers but the SEC unlike most years is B...A...D BAD....It may only get 3 teams although it will probably slip a fourth in. Here's what I was thinking what in our first game we played Florida. If we could beat Florida I would think it would improve our chances since they are likely the fourth team that will get in. As of now I'd say it's LSU UT and South Carolina. Florida will probably be the fourth although if they lose to us in the tourney they'll be in trouble imho

I don't know how UF gets in ahead of us right now. Other than them barely beating us they don't have much other than that. Last time I checked their SOS is worse and they have a worse conference record. Their RPI was higher a couple weeks ago, but they have been falling bigtime along with UK recently. One of the stats the committee is looking at is last 12 games and I don't know many teams with better record in the last 12 than AU.

AUBURN is the ONLY team to beat both the winner of the SEC East - Tennessee AND the winner of the SEC West - LSU. That along with their record should count for something.

We're not in yet. Win a couple in the tourney and have a good showing in the finals and I think we have a good case.

We're not in, but I think we made our way onto the bubble. We have the team to make some noise in the tourney if we make it in. We definately need one win in the tourney probably 2. I don't understand how South Carolina (and UF and UK) is getting talked about so much more than we are.

The Georgia win over Kentucky helps us. It knocks Kentucky out (barring a very possible SEC tourney championship). Only having three SEC teams will be tough for the SEC, but I think that Florida (because of Donovan) would be selected before we would.

The truth is that if anyone besides LSU, UT, USC, or us wins the tourney championship, we have no shot.

The Georgia win over Kentucky helps us. It knocks Kentucky out (barring a very possible SEC tourney championship). Only having three SEC teams will be tough for the SEC, but I think that Florida (because of Donovan) would be selected before we would.

The truth is that if anyone besides LSU, UT, USC, or us wins the tourney championship, we have no shot.

Then with UK getting beat by UF, that should help us more. Thing is UF has been off the bubble for the past 2 weeks. I think the SEC being down is hurting the conference of how many teams are going to get in. We know UT and LSU are locks to get in, I think it pretty much leaves UF, UK, AU, and SC to have to play their way in. Probably are looking at only 3 maybe 4 SEC teams getting in. Which means..

AUBURN just needs to win the SEC tourney!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article by ESPN's Andy Katz. Atleast the media is giving us a little love. Personally, I think we need to make it to the championship game to get in. Scroll about three-fourths down the page.

ESPN LINK

:cheer::homer:

It's tough, to win at least 2 of the 3 possible games in Tampa, we need to beat at least TN, KY. If so I don't expect anybody said we are not in their bracket.

:dance::muscles:

RPI rating shot up 21 spots because of yesterday's win. From 72 to 51. link We're still ranked behind UF and UK, but ahead of USC. I think a win Friday, likely against UF, would put us in the mid 40's, which should be enough to get us in.

RPI rating shot up 21 spots because of yesterday's win. From 72 to 51. link We're still ranked behind UF and UK, but ahead of USC. I think a win Friday, likely against UF, would put us in the mid 40's, which should be enough to get us in.

Thats not RPI(and I would not trust any service that has Memphis ranked #1). Pitt is #1 in RPI. We are currently at 64 which is about a 10 spot improvement from last week. We are ahead of UK, but still behind UF. We are now ahead of bubble teams Maryland and Providence.

Archived