ESPN Bubble Watch

cheap seats

This is from ESPN Bubble Watch:

Auburn [21-10 (10-6), RPI: 64, SOS: 69] The Tigers are probably still a fringe bubble candidate at best, but their 8-1 finish in the regular season at least gets them in the discussion heading into the SEC tournament. Auburn has two RPI top-50 victories, beating Tennessee 78-77 at home on Feb. 7 and LSU 69-53 at home on Saturday. The Tigers are 2-5 against RPI top-50 foes and 5-9 against the top 100. The Tigers did absolutely nothing during their nonconference season -- their best victory came against RPI No. 106 Virginia (their next-best non-SEC win came against No. 204 George Washington). Auburn has a first-round bye in the SEC tournament and plays the Arkansas/Florida winner in Friday's quarterfinals. It probably needs at least two wins in Tampa to have a chance on Selection Sunday.

The link: Bubble Watch

Also, Auburn is in Others receving votes in the AP, but not the ESPN/USA Today poll. Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

As Paul McCartney once sang, "It's getting better all the time."

I still see Auburn as a long shot, but a couple of wins in Tampa and some help in other touneys and you never know.

First and foremost they need to worry about Florida (barring a huge Arkansas upset) on Friday.

This is from ESPN Bubble Watch:

Auburn [21-10 (10-6), RPI: 64, SOS: 69] The Tigers are probably still a fringe bubble candidate at best, but their 8-1 finish in the regular season at least gets them in the discussion heading into the SEC tournament. Auburn has two RPI top-50 victories, beating Tennessee 78-77 at home on Feb. 7 and LSU 69-53 at home on Saturday. The Tigers are 2-5 against RPI top-50 foes and 5-9 against the top 100. The Tigers did absolutely nothing during their nonconference season -- their best victory came against RPI No. 106 Virginia (their next-best non-SEC win came against No. 204 George Washington). Auburn has a first-round bye in the SEC tournament and plays the Arkansas/Florida winner in Friday's quarterfinals. It probably needs at least two wins in Tampa to have a chance on Selection Sunday.

The link: Bubble Watch

Also, Auburn is in Others receving votes in the AP, but not the ESPN/USA Today poll. Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

As Paul McCartney once sang, "It's getting better all the time."

I still see Auburn as a long shot, but a couple of wins in Tampa and some help in other touneys and you never know.

First and foremost they need to worry about Florida (barring a huge Arkansas upset) on Friday.

Joe Lunardi, on ESPN, is starting to get on my nerves. I'd understand if he doesn't have AU making the field right now, but he doesn't even have them on the "First Four Out" list. Even worse than that, he doesn't even have them on the "Next Four Out" list. When you have a win streak like Auburn has had twice in the last month, why not even a mention? I'm sure glad the jokes at ESPN don't pick teams for the tournament, but unfortunately they have this network of soap boxes to preach "their" gospel.

I do not quite understand why Auburn is getting the short end of the stick. Especially when the "General" Bobby Knight said on Game Day that the Auburn win over LSU was the biggest win of the day and that would help Auburn, who is already a lock in, to get a higher seed. Now I know that you can not trust anything that Bobby Knight says, but I took it for exactly what he said.

The SEC is weak this year and our nonconference performance was weak sauce. We must make some noise in the SEC tournament to get in. NIT is locked from here on out no matter what.

isn't our conference record equal to the co-champs of the East? Don't we have victories over both #1 seeds in the conference tourney? Isn't our regular season record 4th best in the conference (albeit against suspect non-conference opponents...and that daggum loss to Mercer!)?

i think we have as good an argument as anyone to be the 4th team picked from the conference, and could also make an argument to be the 3rd team picked...especially if we beat UF in the 2nd round of the tourney...in Florida I might add....

Archived