So what do you honestly think

PChamp119

Will Auburn make the NCAA's or not.

No ifs ands or buts.

Yes or no and why.

100% - no from me. Do I think they deserve? Yes. Do I think they will? Not in a blue moon.

I'll take any bets from those who were so cocky and confident about us making it at some point or another. I think those people are disappearing after seeing teams take away bubble spots, losing to UT, etc. Where are y'all? Nobody has a backbone around here? Nobody can stand up for what they truly believed?

Call me a pessimist, but Auburn was never a team that was "in" in the first place. Nobody knocked them out (except perhaps themselves today).

You're incapable of pleasant conversation, aren't you? It's fine that you doubt Auburn will get a bid. I assumed and still do, that they are a real long shot. But you just can't help being an absolute pr*ck when stating your position.

No ifs ands or buts.

Yes or no and why.

100% - no from me. Do I think they deserve? Yes. Do I think they will? Not in a blue moon.

I'll take any bets from those who were so cocky and confident about us making it at some point or another. I think those people are disappearing after seeing teams take away bubble spots, losing to UT, etc. Where are y'all? Nobody has a backbone around here? Nobody can stand up for what they truly believed?

Call me a pessimist, but Auburn was never a team that was "in" in the first place. Nobody knocked them out (except perhaps themselves today).

I swear...as an active reader and seldom poster I never thought I would be compelled to reply to one of your assinine posts...but here I am. You have done an excellent job of blurring the lines between complete douchebaggery and total A-hole. Where in the h*** do you get off on posting this s***. I mean seriously! Were you out there playing tonight? So what if :au: fans were confident in the way the team has played the last few weeks? What the h*** does it matter to you? Damn...

You're incapable of pleasant conversation, aren't you? It's fine that you doubt Auburn will get a bid. I assumed and still do, that they are a real long shot. But you just can't help being an absolute pr*ck when stating your position.

This is about the size of it. PChamp, whatever valid points you may happen to make get completely obscured by your complete and total inability to be anything other than a condescending jackass in your postings.

I'll answer the question...I don't think we get in. We stumbled too much at the beginning of the season and lost a couple of games we had no business losing. If it were a matter of the last 5-6 weeks, then we'd be a cinch. If we even split those 4 November-December games we lost and help out our RPI some, then I think we're a lot more comfortable today. But, it's not, we didn't and we're not.

The SEC is #6 in conference RPI and that doesn't help, either. It looks like a 3-bid league at the most.

No ifs ands or buts.

Yes or no and why.

Yes they will make the tournament.

Why?

1) They won 11 league games.

2) They won 9 out of last 12.

3) They will benifit from MSU getting hot at the end of the year, but falling short in the SEC title. That is a 22 win team that we hammered twice.

4) Out of the three bubble teams from the SEC going into the SEC tourney (AU, UF, USC), Auburn did the most.

5) RPI is high enough to warrant a bid.

6) Because people like you hate their life. :puke:

The team just took too long to gel, and that's the reason they're going to fall short. If the Auburn of the last 11 games had been around all season, we'd be debating what our seed would be. There's just too many other teams in the country that have played well all season, not just the last month.

I think they will.

I think they played themselves in over the past month. The win over LSU on TV last week helped. The big comeback against Bama helped. The win last night against Florida helped. The loss to Tennessee today didn't help BUT I think the SEC will get more than 2 - 3 teams in. LSU, Tennessee & who? AU? MSU? UF? SC? UK? Ole Miss?

I think AU makes it and when they do I think they will win two games.

No ifs ands or buts.

Yes or no and why.

By the way, if for some reason we don't make the field of 65, I won't be crying about it. I will be looking forward to the NIT for the men and the NCAA for the women.

I BET that if Auburn is announced and the camera shows Lebo and company going ape s***, you will promptly run in the other room to cut yourself and put on some sadistic music. Then, after you've had your fill, you will return to the computer to post reasons as to why Auburn won't win their first round game.

Trust me, if Hell froze over and Auburn made the tournament, I'd be pumped and excited and could see them winning. They have the capability. I just don't think they get the opportunity.

They will make it.

Slive is the head of the selection committee, there is no way that he allows only 2 teams from the SEC into the tournament.

Auburn is the 3rd best team, therefore they make it.

Tomorrow's game is big....Mississippi State now has to lose.

No ifs ands or buts.

Yes or no and why.

I do not "think"...I K N O W you are a uater posing on an AU Board. Any questions? :moon:

They will make it.

Slive is the head of the selection committee, there is no way that he allows only 2 teams from the SEC into the tournament.

Auburn is the 3rd best team, therefore they make it.

Tomorrow's game is big....Mississippi State now has to lose.

So you think AU is in... only if MSU loses?

So who do you think will win the MSU game?

So who do you think will win the MSU game?

UT is playing confident right now. Assuming UT plays 70% of the game that they did today, MSU doesn't stand a chance....

I'll predict we get in. Someone's going to look at this resume and see 9 wins in the last 11 games, 11 league wins, split 4 games with the top two teams in the league, won 3 of 4 from the two in the SEC Tourney finals. I think in the end we get there.

I'll predict we get in. Someone's going to look at this resume and see 9 wins in the last 11 games, 11 league wins, split 4 games with the top two teams in the league, won 3 of 4 from the two in the SEC Tourney finals. I think in the end we get there.

I hope you're right. The problem is the number of possible at-large bids has dwindled considerably.

Erase non-conference clunkers such as Northern Iowa and Mercer and we're not having this conversation. The sluggish start is what has Auburn on the bubble -- they look like a legit #5 seed if conference play was the only criteria.

I really have no idea what the committee will do. They sure did screw us over in 2001.

Question, say you have two bubbles teams that are about even in most accounts. Say the first team has 3 seniors and the second team starts 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Does anyone think it valid to reward the team who's players are about to end their careers after 4 or more years of hard work? Should that be a consideration? Ever? I don't even know how I feel about it but it popped into my head and I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think.

Question, say you have two bubbles teams that are about even in most accounts. Say the first team has 3 seniors and the second team starts 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Does anyone think it valid to reward the team who's players are about to end their careers after 4 or more years of hard work? Should that be a consideration? Ever? I don't even know how I feel about it but it popped into my head and I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think.

I have thought about that before. I am not sure that would ever happen, but if it did I wouldn't complain as long as the team's resumes were relatively equal. There should be a reward for staying in school because too often these days college basketball is used as a stepping stone/ time pass before being eligible for the NBA.

I say we are in and hopefully the announcement that we are in, regardless of seed will upset Pchamp so much that he has a heart attack and ******' dies. JMO.

First I'd like to second that PC is an attention whore. Next, I'd like to point out that I didn't disappear. I just didn't read this thread. We were more than likely out when we lost to UT. We were even less likely to get in once USC won. And MSU's win eliminated any chance. That's what I would've said at the time if I had read this. That said, Bob Knight nailed it: if the tourney was about getting the most competitive games, Auburn would be in over Arizona or Minnesota.

Archived