Lache Seastrunk and Trovon Reed

auwallace

"I've got a feeling that Lache will either be a Solid Commitment after this weekend, or a Silent one."

Sorry, but there's not a chance in hell that happened.

Let's take a look at it, shall we?

LSU

-LSU family ties/family in La.

-said numerous times before we sucked last season that we were the heavy favorite. He almost commited at our summer camp last summer.

-good friends with RS

-he's said he's going to the same school as Reed-who's from Thibodaux, La. (big LSU town0-who many fans "in the know" count him as an LSU lock.

-we're close than AU

real big one: at this point, we'll only have two scholarship rbs on the roster next season.

Texas

-He lives 45 minutes away.

-Texas, well, is just Texas. Whether we'll admit it or not, it's a better academic institution than LSU and AU-huge plus in mom's viewpoint

-They're the Rose Bowl champs, and they're set to make another title run.

-He's constantly around Texas fans, so the pressure will be on.

-I'm sure he knows a few players on their roster

-His family posts on orangebloods...but so did RS's family. :big:

Auburn

-has said, as of late, that you guys are the team to beat

-you've got Luper -i think that's his name-on your side.

-I'm sure it's likewise for you guys in terms of rbs on scholarship. Both LSU and AU offer a very good shot to come in right from the beginning and play.

-Like LSU and UT, you guys have a very nice campus

Oh, the drama this recruitment will bring to this board...personally, i can't wait :homer: I still like LSU's chances

I believe there is a certain WR coming to Auburn you said was an LSU lock. Just sayin' :poke:

You really never heard that story? There was a mutual agreement between Randle and Benton should go their separate ways, and Miles chose Randle. Congrats on getting him. I'm just happy he made it into college.

This is two different scenarios.

Mutual? Randle didn't want to compete-- Daddy called the shots, Miles folded.

I just read that CCL's father is Seastrunk's pastor. That has got to be the most unusual event I've heard in college football recruiting.

I just read that CCL's father is Seastrunk's pastor. That has got to be the most unusual event I've heard in college football recruiting.

That's crazy. And, by crazy, I mean incredibly fortuitous.

INTERESTING ARTICLE IN BAMAHAM RAG.

Scarbinsky: Relationships could help AU recruiting

Posted by Kevin Scarbinsky -- Birmingham News April 14, 2009 6:54 AM

Categories: Auburn Football, Recruiting

Auburn recruit Lache Seastrunk -- big-time running back, with a photo from Texas Scout.com

The Rev. Quinton Gibson is the pastor at St. James United Methodist Church in Temple, Texas. Normally, that wouldn't mean much around here, except that Gibson has a connection to two people who seem very important to the future of Auburn football.

He's not his natural father, Gibson said, but he's been a father figure to Auburn assistant coach Curtis Luper.

"We're close," Gibson said. "We're real close."

Gibson also is the preacher at the church attended by Auburn recruit Lache Seastrunk, a big-time running back at Temple (Texas) High.

"I know Lache very well," Gibson said. "He's one of our kids."

Recruiting being recruiting and human nature being human nature, it's at this point in our story that the Reverend would like to put a stop to your conspiracy theories before they leave the starting blocks.

Luper may be recruiting Seastrunk for Auburn.

Gibson, he makes clear, is not recruiting him.

Not for Luper.

Not for Auburn.

Not for anyone.

"I don't work for Auburn, if that's what you're asking," Gibson said.

"I don't work for Curtis. I don't recruit football players. That's not my job.

"I'm a preacher."

It was as a preacher at a church in Sherman, Texas, that Gibson got to know the young Luper.

"I've known him all his life," Gibson said. "He's kind of adopted me. He's a great guy. He's faced some hurdles in his life, but he's overcome them. He turned out to be a great coach, a great father, a great person."

Luper also arrived at Auburn with a rep as a very good recruiter, a rep that would be bolstered by signing Seastrunk next February.

What Trent Richardson was to Alabama, Seastrunk could be to Auburn.

Rivals.com ranks the 5-foot-11, 192-pound junior as the No. 1 running back and the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation.

Scout.com ranks him as the No. 2 running back and the No. 7 overall prospect.

It's a long way to signing day, but Seastrunk has a chance to become the most high-profile running back catch for the Tigers since Carnell Williams.

If he doesn't sign with Texas, USC, Oklahoma, LSU or one of the other elite programs in competition for his services.

But Auburn appears to be off and running in this recruiting battle.

AuburnSports.com, AUTigers.com and AuburnUndercover.com all reported that Seastrunk took an unofficial visit to Auburn over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed his trip.

Gibson said he knows Seastrunk more as a person -- "he's a good kid" -- but knows enough about him as a football player to suggest that he'll be the most highly recruited running back out of Temple since Kenneth Davis, who became an All-American at TCU and also played in the NFL.

Just don't suggest that Gibson, because of his friendship with Luper, will have anything to do with that recruiting.

"We stay in touch, but I'm not helping him recruit anybody,' Gibson said. "I didn't send him anybody when he was at Oklahoma State. I didn't send him anybody when he was at New Mexico. I ain't sending him anybody to Auburn.

"That's his business. He doesn't recruit church members for me. I don't recruit football players for him."

That may not be necessary.

Recruiting is all about relationships. It can't hurt Auburn that Seastrunk gets to see the kind of man Gibson helped Luper become.

That's crazy. And, by crazy, I mean incredibly fortuitous.

Further reports are out and a correction needs to be made... not CCL's father, but his pastor is Lache's pastor. But hey, I refer to mine as Father, so maybe not exactly wrong ;)

Texas blog has info on his visit to AU:

http://t.love.com/203824556

Seastrunk takes in Auburn. The words coming from Lache Seastrunk's mouth ($) after visiting Auburn over the weekend glowed with superlatives. Describing his visit as "the best experience I ever had," Seastrunk also noted that his mother appeared to enjoy the visit and that he also received more attention from head coach Gene Chizik than at most other schools he has visited. Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn went as far as to tell Seastrunk that the staff would use him in the same role Darren McFadden played during Malzahn's only season at Arkansas. Seastrunk did, however, decline to name Auburn as the current favorite, saying that they are simply "pretty high" on his current list, which has not yet been narrowed down.

It's notoriously difficult to read much into a recruit's enthusistic remarks shortly after a visit, but it does look like Auburn has some staying power in the race for Seastrunk's services. The person to keep an eye during this process is Seastrunk's close friend Trovon Reed, who also made the trip. Such close friends that Seastrunk often refers to Reed as his cousin, if Reed ends up choosing either Auburn or LSU, his decision could seriously impact that of his close friend Seastrunk. Still talking about attending the same school, Reed and Seastrunk may end up becoming a package deal, though it is still so early in the process that those plans could end up changing.

Texas blog has info on his visit to AU:

http://t.love.com/203824556

Seastrunk takes in Auburn. The words coming from Lache Seastrunk's mouth ($) after visiting Auburn over the weekend glowed with superlatives. Describing his visit as "the best experience I ever had," Seastrunk also noted that his mother appeared to enjoy the visit and that he also received more attention from head coach Gene Chizik than at most other schools he has visited. Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn went as far as to tell Seastrunk that the staff would use him in the same role Darren McFadden played during Malzahn's only season at Arkansas. Seastrunk did, however, decline to name Auburn as the current favorite, saying that they are simply "pretty high" on his current list, which has not yet been narrowed down.

It's notoriously difficult to read much into a recruit's enthusistic remarks shortly after a visit, but it does look like Auburn has some staying power in the race for Seastrunk's services. The person to keep an eye during this process is Seastrunk's close friend Trovon Reed, who also made the trip. Such close friends that Seastrunk often refers to Reed as his cousin, if Reed ends up choosing either Auburn or LSU, his decision could seriously impact that of his close friend Seastrunk. Still talking about attending the same school, Reed and Seastrunk may end up becoming a package deal, though it is still so early in the process that those plans could end up changing.

Mr. Reed is visiting LSU this weekend for what I believe is the third time in the ladt 5-6 weeks. :big:

Mr. Reed is visiting LSU this weekend for what I believe is the third time in the ladt 5-6 weeks. :big:

Y'all really puling out all the stops on this one, eh? Hope some corndog gets caught filling up his gas tank. That would be a real Cajun Ah-Heeeeeee!

Y'all really puling out all the stops on this one, eh? Hope some corndog gets caught filling up his gas tank. That would be a real Cajun Ah-Heeeeeee!

What are you talking about? He visits on his own time. He just loves watching the corndogs play. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, he's good:

I know this is getting nit-picky and is something that can be fixed, but he needs to hold the ball tighter and closer to his body or he could be pretty fumble prone. Of course someone has to catch him first.

Wow....he's good...no, he's real good....no, he's super good... no, he's great...is there something better than great?

Wow....he's good...no, he's real good....no, he's super good... no, he's great...is there something better than great?

A Bammer lean? :big:

Oh yeah this young man is really, really good and very, very fast. It was almost unfair the moves he put on several of those safeties and the way he ran away from DB's.

Oh yeah this young man is really, really good and very, very fast. It was almost unfair the moves he put on several of those safeties and the way he ran away from DB's.

He is definitely a big time player. Some of those moves he put on the safeties and db's were impressive to say the least. I think several of them had to go back 40 yards after the play to pick up their jocks from where he faked them out of them...geez. I would LOVE to see this kid in an Auburn jersey. Add in lattimore and wow...what a beast of a backfield...

Archived