Lache Seastrunk and Trovon Reed

auwallace

Per Rivals............Seastrunk (rb) is #2 overall recruit and Reed (wr) is #14 overall recruit. Gonna be tough to get either of these guys but Seastrunks comments are promising.

Recruits visiting during spring practice is a plus, imo. Gives them a chance to see their specialty being coached, and get a feeling for the whole experience of being an Auburn Tiger.

The best way to sell these guys on Auburn is getting them to Auburn, so it is promising in itself that we have gotten them to come. If you don't aim for the big boys, you won't get them.

Per Rivals............Seastrunk (rb) is #2 overall recruit and Reed (wr) is #14 overall recruit. Gonna be tough to get either of these guys but Seastrunks comments are promising.

Seastrunk has AU as his favorite right now and he's never been on campus. I think we have a very good chance with him.

I've got a feeling that Lache will either be a Solid Commitment after this weekend, or a Silent one.

I've got a feeling that Lache will either be a Solid Commitment after this weekend, or a Silent one.

I think you're expecting a bit too much.

Also, in the report Mr. Lache stated that he's been to USC and nearly all across the Country but, he has Never been treated the way he's been treated down here. He talked about how Everything was laid out before him about what they're looking for, what he would be doing...how he would be able to contribute, etc. He also made it a point to emphasize that the Auburn Coaches are the Real Deal, they don't tell you what you want to hear (ie they don't lie).

Dude, I'm getting F'N Pumped about this coaching staff more and more. It seems like after reading any article about the new staff makes "It" move just a little bit more every time.

Malzan will probably end up getting Seastrunk and it will be a great catch. Just my prediction since the kid said it was the best visit ever and he liked the Offense. I just wish some of these OUTSTANDING players would go ahead and commit and draw some more great ones.

Malzan will probably end up getting Seastrunk and it will be a great catch. Just my prediction since the kid said it was the best visit ever and he liked the Offense. I just wish some of these OUTSTANDING players would go ahead and commit and draw some more great ones.

It's early in the recruiting season and we are doing well with the skill players. If you want to complain, then complain that we don't have any OL and only one big one in the mix. We need OL more than anything else. It's actually to early to complain about that, but you seem as if you need to complain about something.

Commitments don't mean "committed" in the recruiting game. I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a kid say he's committed, even if the term only means "today's favorite".

I'm impressed after they SIGN, then QUALIFY, then ENROLL. Until those things happen, it's just varying degrees of BS.

No offense Mikey, but I dont think theres anything more annoying right now then the "commitments mean nothing" crowd that popped out of nowhere.

The way these people talk you'd think that 90% of kids who commit early end up signing somewhere else...thats not even remotely true.

"I've got a feeling that Lache will either be a Solid Commitment after this weekend, or a Silent one."

Sorry, but there's not a chance in hell that happened.

Let's take a look at it, shall we?

LSU

-LSU family ties/family in La.

-said numerous times before we sucked last season that we were the heavy favorite. He almost commited at our summer camp last summer.

-good friends with RS

-he's said he's going to the same school as Reed-who's from Thibodaux, La. (big LSU town0-who many fans "in the know" count him as an LSU lock.

-we're close than AU

real big one: at this point, we'll only have two scholarship rbs on the roster next season.

Texas

-He lives 45 minutes away.

-Texas, well, is just Texas. Whether we'll admit it or not, it's a better academic institution than LSU and AU-huge plus in mom's viewpoint

-They're the Rose Bowl champs, and they're set to make another title run.

-He's constantly around Texas fans, so the pressure will be on.

-I'm sure he knows a few players on their roster

-His family posts on orangebloods...but so did RS's family. :big:

Auburn

-has said, as of late, that you guys are the team to beat

-you've got Luper -i think that's his name-on your side.

-I'm sure it's likewise for you guys in terms of rbs on scholarship. Both LSU and AU offer a very good shot to come in right from the beginning and play.

-Like LSU and UT, you guys have a very nice campus

Oh, the drama this recruitment will bring to this board...personally, i can't wait :homer: I still like LSU's chances

"I've got a feeling that Lache will either be a Solid Commitment after this weekend, or a Silent one."

LSU

-said numerous times before we sucked last season that we were the heavy favorite. He almost commited at our summer camp last summer.

-good friends with RS

-he's said he's going to the same school as Reed-who's from Thibodaux, La. (big LSU town0-who many fans "in the know" count him as an LSU lock.

-we're close than AU

real big one: at this point, we'll only have two scholarship rbs on the roster next season.

Texas

-Texas, well, is just Texas. Whether we'll admit it or not, it's a better academic institution than LSU and AU-huge plus in mom's viewpoint

Auburn

-I'm sure it's likewise for you guys in terms of rbs on scholarship. Both LSU and AU offer a very good shot to come in right from the beginning and play.

Oh, the drama this recruitment will bring to this board...personally, i can't wait :homer: I still like LSU's chances

btw, I think the winner on the field takes Seastrunk's signature. If LSU would've gone 11-2 last season, he'd be donning the purple and gold to bed right now. B) I'll be huge a AU fan until you guys come down to Red Stick. He'll enjoy that "big game" atmosphere. That's not to say I don't cheer for you guys against the rest of the SEC West; I'm still looking into attending AU

No offense Mikey, but I dont think theres anything more annoying right now then the "commitments mean nothing" crowd that popped out of nowhere.

The crowd didn't pop up out of nowhere. It popped up when prospects started acting like commitments mean nothing.

It seems that the bigger the fish, the less "commitment" means. So, until they sign, qualify and enroll I don't pay too much attention one way or the other. Commitments by themselves, months ahead of time, do mean virtually nothing.

The crowd didn't pop up out of nowhere. It popped up when prospects started acting like commitments mean nothing.

It seems that the bigger the fish, the less "commitment" means. So, until they sign, qualify and enroll I don't pay too much attention one way or the other. Commitments by themselves, months ahead of time, do mean virtually nothing.

The problem is that a few guys switching their commitment doesn't suddenly mean that a commitment means nothing, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard.

LSU

-good friends with RS

-we're close than AU

Texas

Auburn

I believe there is a certain WR coming to Auburn you said was an LSU lock. Just sayin' :poke:

LSU

-good friends with RS

-we're close than AU

Texas

Auburn

I believe there is a certain WR coming to Auburn you said was an LSU lock. Just sayin' :poke:

You really never heard that story? There was a mutual agreement between Randle and Benton should go their separate ways, and Miles chose Randle. Congrats on getting him. I'm just happy he made it into college.

This is two different scenarios.

The problem is that a few guys switching their commitment doesn't suddenly mean that a commitment means nothing, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard.

The significant percentage of allegedly committed players that 'decommit" and then "decommit" another time or two before they actually sign makes the statement: "commitments means nothing" far from ridiculous. You talk like switching commitments is a once a year phenomenon. It's frequent, in fact, common to the point that commitment means nothing.

You really never heard that story? There was a mutual agreement between Randle and Benton should go their separate ways, and Miles chose Randle. Congrats on getting him. I'm just happy he made it into college.

Convenient for you to dream up this story now, Corndog. Back at that time you were yelling "no chance" at Auburn's recruitment of Benton and L-S-Who was going to get them both.

Convenient for you to dream up this story now, Corndog. Back at that time you were yelling "no chance" at Auburn's recruitment of Benton and L-S-Who was going to get them both.

I agree. It's quite amazing that we never "heard the story." In fact, I'm surprised that you didn't hear the story that :au: had both locked up until Miles offered Randle something that he couldn't turn down. I'm just happy that he hasn't been disqualified from playing.

Stories are just stories. Bring something stronger than that.

Bring Lashe with you, but leave your purple and gold at home.

Is that one PUTRID color scheme, or what???!!! :puke:

:au::homer:

LSU

-good friends with RS

-we're close than AU

Texas

Auburn

This is two different scenarios.

Only story I heard was you laughing at us for thinking we had a chance with him and saying we didn't have a prayer. Have you had that crow yet? Point is, when you come in a recruiting forum making statements as fact and then are shown to be wrong, you suffer a credibility hit. Personally, I'll listen to Seastrunk befor I listen to you, but that wisdom comes with age.

Archived