if we win final regular 2 games and more in SEC tournament games....

aucat

21 members have voted

1. 1. do you support to keep cjl for another 2 yrs?

• ONE MORE YEAR
    • TWO MORE YEARS
    • FIVE MORE YEARS
    • NO MORE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
    • CASE closed --Done -- we need fresh start!

THOUGH WE EXPECTED MORE W'S, BUT THIS TEAM IS LIKE NO PREVIOUS YEARS TEAM, WE THEN USED TO LOSE BY 30, 4O AND EVEN MORE. i STILL BELIEVE THIS TEAM IS BETTER THAN THE STATS TELLS.

IF WE MAKE A SHORT RUN IN FINAL FEW GAMES, I SUPPORT TO GIVE CJL SOME MORE TIME, BUT: WE MUST DEMOND CHANGE IN RECRUITING.

The biggest problem that I have with CJL is that year in and year out we do not seem to be getting better. He doesn't seem to recruit well and we can not keep good players on the Plains. I mean we lost an SEC freshman of the year.

Enough is enough... and that's exactly what I voted for. Yet I wouldn't complain too much if he had another year with the new arena and recruits coming in. That year would most definitely have to be addressed as," It's either accomplish this or else," by the powers involved controlling his employment.

If we win the SEC tourney by the misalignment of the planets then I'd say keep Lebo.

First show me who you are going to replace him with. If you're going to name another mid-major guy and hope he can cut it, we just as well keep Lebo and hope he rights the ship.

If you can swing Rick Barnes from Texas, then lets do it!

I don't care if we win the SEC, I don't want to keep Lebo. Bad defense, poor free throw shooting, players not always motivated. That is a coaching problem. And if you want to say it is a talent problem, well he recruited them too.

Losing to SHSU sealed the deal for me. Any SEC Team should crush them, every time. No excuse.

His performance has been unsatisfactory by any measure.

Keep Lebo until you've got a homerun on deck. Then, yank him.

We can't afford to fire Lebo and bring in Lebo part Deux. It will doom us to even more years in B-ball purgatory. Lebo's had his time, but if you don't already have someone else lined up, we can't cut him free.

Who else would want to come?

I voted "One More Year". I think it's fair to at least give him 1 year in the new arena to try and use to recruit. If we're not on the bubble for the NCAA, or don't even make it to the NIT, then next year should be his last.

If we think he's the best we can get, then maybe we should abandon basketball. If we keep him for one season, next year the mantra will be "Well, he's only had one year with the new arena."

I think its silly to keep a coach because you arent sure you could get one better. Kinda like staying married despite a cheating wife, because you arent sure you could find anotherone as pretty.

Lebo wasnt qualified for the job when he got it 6 years ago and he hasnt proved otherwise to date. He seems like a nice guy but basketball is sport where you can quickly turn around a program. Auburn has been more than patient with him. He continually goes after "Project Big Man" that seem to never make it on the court. He and his staff also seems to have no presence on the AAU circuit where you must have some presence if you want the best players.

I think what it boils down to is what does Auburn want for a basketball program? If we are investing and upgrading to a $90 million arena It would make sense to upgrade the coach as well.

If we think he's the best we can get, then maybe we should abandon basketball. If we keep him for one season, next year the mantra will be "Well, he's only had one year with the new arena."

I think its silly to keep a coach because you aren't sure you could get one better. Kinda like staying married despite a cheating wife, because you aren't sure you could find another one as pretty.

I agree totally with this post! Lebo is just out of his league in the SEC. He can not recruit, and he continually gets out coached on the court. Bring in someone new. I don't care if it is another mid-major coach looking to improve his resume...I honestly do not think we could do worse than what we have with Lebo.

:angryfire:

Archived