Great pic from facebook...

Gray

Well, the brother was on an NFL scout team so it's not like he's knocking down millions.

Cam could benefit some from another year, but the risk/reward situation is all in favor of jumping this time, in my opinion. I guess we'll see what Cam thinks come February.

Clearly that's a recruiting violation, and Auburn will be hearing from the NCAA about this soon.

:roflol:

I would LOVE for Cam to return...but he would be CRAZY not to declare for the draft. Mel Kiper now has him in the top 10 picks. He can sign a contract that will guarantee that he is financially set for life. No one should pass that up.

Let's put it this way:

I LOVE Auburn. My Dad, Mom, brother, 2 sisters, wife, step-son, step-daughter, daughter-in-law, and I all attended AU. NOW...If I could sign a contract that would give me $5 million but I had to disassociate from Auburn for life then I would sign in a second. There is no way Cam Newton loves Auburn as much as I do. Do you think he would turn down more $ than that?

Kiper projects him middle of the first round and said he wouldn't be shocked if he went in the top ten; that is hardly the same as projecting him in the top ten. McShay lists him as a developmental QB and said if he were a GM he wouldn't draft him in the first round.

Again, I'm not saying he won't go but this sentiment that he would be stupid not to is just silly.

Your scenario is ridiculous. Putting money on hold for a year, and likely getting more, is no where near turning it down. I also see a bit of humor in your statement that Cam couldn't love Auburn as much as you. AU helped him through this media storm, gave him his chance at the Heisman and the BCS. AU also gave him this opportunity to set his family for life everyone talks about. You never know

I suppose "poor" is no longer a politically correct term but I'm going to use it anyway. In my younger years we were poor. At age 21, had someone offered me 2 million dollars right now vs. the possibility of 10 million next year, I'd have jumped all over the 2 mill and let next year take care of itself. Maybe the Newton family isn't poor in that sense but they are certainly of modest means. We'll see what Cam Newton does in February.

For Cam to stay in college another year would NOT be insane.

First of all many NFL draft experts e.g. Mel Kiper (more objective than us) are saying Cam, like Tebow, needs to stay in another year.

Second, it depends on who will probably draft Cam b/c if a team w/ no O-line...or the Detroit Lions...are PROBABLY (no guarantees) the team that will come calling, players go stay in or even pull an elway or bo to avoid the career crypt if possible.

Third, lets see how the title game plays out b/c if Cam tanks, gets hurt or Cam just see's it as unfinished biz that may weigh heavily into the Kiper/Lions equation.

Not crazy @ all for him to stay. Our O-line won't be THAT bad either.

Still waiting on a valid reason that he would be "plumb crazy" to come back another year. Probable lockout, not a lock to be drafted high enough to command a huge salary, won't see the field for a year or two at best. Or come back, develop as a passer, increase his draft status--bigger salary and signing bonus.

And don't give me the injury crap. He could blow out a knee at the combine or training camp and still lose his money.

Unless he just blows people away at the pre draft workouts and tests and such he isn't playing his odds well. Another year could benefit him tens of millions of dollars.

I think a lot of it depends on who comes out early. If Ryan Mallet stays at Arkansas another year, then Cam will probably go. If some big names stay in college then Cam would be smart to go because that would help him be a higher draft pick.

Yeah Kiehl looks small compared to Cam!

Who doesnt???

Lee Ziemba?

Nick Fairley.

Archived