Sports on Eastern Time

2003ALUM

Do you find it annoying that most good games (like Monday Night Football) don't start until 8:30 PM and don't end until midnight? It is horrible! How are people staying up this late with work the next morning?

I'm watching Stanford/Virginia Tech now. There's the entire 4th quarter to go and it's 11:20 EST.

Well.... the entire 4th quarter confirmed the rout was on. I haven't seen a Virginia Tech team have a can of whoop... opened on them since.... well.... ever.

Do you find it annoying that most good games (like Monday Night Football) don't start until 8:30 PM and don't end until midnight? It is horrible! How are people staying up this late with work the next morning?

This is why I hated living on Eastern time for 2 years. Personally my favorite time zone is Mountain Time. East coast games end at a convinent time and the west coast games end around 11 or 12 which isnt too late for an occasional game.

Funny, I was thinking about this very thing while I was visiting my family in eastern Tennessee during Christmas. Some of the bowl games started at 10 PM EST...I'd be struggling to make the end of that game in my typical Central time zone, never mind Eastern. I don't think I would like it on a full-time basis. Out of habit, I flipped on the TV on Sunday at noon thinking that an NFL game was about to start...nope, 1 PM EST.

I don't know how anyone who has a job where they have to be at work at 8 AM can stay up and watch all of, say, a Monday Night Football game.

Not to brag but I on occasion watch a monday night football game till the end on central time and I leave for work at 445 AM when I am working Day shift. But since I work shift work I sleep at odd times and get to catch up on my sleep when most people are at work. But people that work a mon-fri job It would be hard for me to see how they watch them.

I think it rots on CST. All I can figure is the west coast markets are tuning in more, therefore they're shifting everything to capture that market. I've given up at halftime on many of the big bowls starting at 730 or later.

Coffee.:) Ihave family in Montgomery, and I visit them every summer. i love CST it fits me so much better.

Archived