Grimes is staying...

Ryan Sanders

Jeff Grimes' flirtation with Texas is over.

The Auburn offensive line coach said Sunday that he's staying with the Tigers after interviewing with Texas late in the week.

Coach Gene Chizik said he expects to have the same coaching staff for the third straight season.

Read more..

I hope more than anything that AU can get well beyond the gloom-and-doom predictions by the various "experts" who see us at 7-5, 8-4 or worse because "all our good players" are leaving. It would raise the national view of Auburn's strength if this coaching staff produced a 10-2 or better year in spite of the losses of the stars from this season.

I'll definitely be pulling for that. How about another "All In" season!

Another win for Coach Chizik.

I always thought Coach Chizik was the right hire, even with his record at Iowa State. Everytime, he speaks publically he represents Auburn so well, the passion, the love for the game, yet he has the humbleness which comes of as genuine.

Lets keep going Coach..

I hope more than anything that AU can get well beyond the gloom-and-doom predictions by the various "experts" who see us at 7-5, 8-4 or worse because "all our good players" are leaving. It would raise the national view of Auburn's strength if this coaching staff produced a 10-2 or better year in spite of the losses of the stars from this season.

Keeping the entire staff should also go a long way toward silencing all those nuts who still think the "NCAA hammer is coming down!" (but I doubt it does... :angry: )

I don't think Grimes or Malzahn would have stayed and risked their careers if they weren't 100% certain Auburn is squeaky clean. Also don't think Chizik would have encouraged them to stay if he expected any more NCAA problems.

Other than losing our awesome seniors, I don't see any reason for Grimes to look at any lateral move. Another O-line position probably wouldn't pay significantly more than what Auburn pays him. O-line recruiting is going great. And coaching line for Malzahn's offense has to be exciting and challenging.

And most importantly for assistants, players, recruits, and fans: Chizik is building a reputation of a program people want to be at; an environment that is positive, successful, exciting, loving and loyal!

Grimes did a great job with our line after the clemson game and they just started imposing their will on teams. I'm really glad he decided to stay because our Oline next year will need some really good coaching up.

Fantastic news! I am glad Grimes is staying and think it really speaks well for Chizik that he has been able to keep the staff together (and of course the athletic department opening the purse strings is also necessary).

Also, like quietfan noted, all the coaches staying *should" slow down all the stupid chatter about some kind of NCAA problems. I would really think if this were the case that these assistant coaches would be jumping ship.

War Eagle!!

Often the reasons behind a move are not just job related. Sometimes people have personal reasons as the driving force behind a move. I was getting better paid in US and Canada (and had a more exciting job). I moved to Spain for the weather, beaches, food, and girls. And no offense but Austin is a really nice place to live.

I am really glad that Coach Grimes is staying at Auburn. Hopefully the staff will remain intact till 2012, and give Auburn another run for the title.

Coach Chizik takes care of his assistance coaches. I think Coach Chizik takes a lower salary to allow his assistants to get more salary.

I don't think the same can be said for the other 3 national championship coaches in the SEC.

Coach Chizik takes care of his assistance coaches. I think Coach Chizik takes a lower salary to allow his assistants to get more salary.

I don't think the same can be said for the other 3 national championship coaches in the SEC.

it paid off for him with his bonuses!!!

It is great to see us finally win one over tejas.

I'll definitely be pulling for that. How about another "All In" season!

You know, that kind of ticks me off. Those same "experts" are talking about how Bama will go at least 10-1. They are losing as many players as we are (if not more). They lost 3 (or 4) games this year. BUT, Auburn this year had a perfect season and they say will probably go 5-7. I don't understand why.

At least not until the others (except for 1 maybe) see that it works better that way.

Speaks volumes to where our program is and what kind of man Chizik is to work for ... great news.

Also, it appears the third straight year we will keep our entire staff intact. Big.

Keeping the entire staff should also go a long way toward silencing all those nuts who still think the "NCAA hammer is coming down!" (but I doubt it does... :angry: )

I don't think Grimes or Malzahn would have stayed and risked their careers if they weren't 100% certain Auburn is squeaky clean. Also don't think Chizik would have encouraged them to stay if he expected any more NCAA problems.

Other than losing our awesome seniors, I don't see any reason for Grimes to look at any lateral move. Another O-line position probably wouldn't pay significantly more than what Auburn pays him. O-line recruiting is going great. And coaching line for Malzahn's offense has to be exciting and challenging.

And most importantly for assistants, players, recruits, and fans: Chizik is building a reputation of a program people want to be at; an environment that is positive, successful, exciting, loving and loyal!

:thumbsup:

it paid off for him with his bonuses!!!

It is great to see us finally win one over tejas.

AMEN!!!

If you missed this article that was posted recently take a look at it again. It illustrates something I posted in another thread that Gene just understands Auburn and why we love it, and now it is confirmed that this goes to the coaching staff also.

Its a free article from auundercover so I dont think I'm breaking any copyrights by posting it here. If I am please delete this post.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Grimes-talks-about-his-decision-11701

Some high lights

We talk in recruiting all the time about recruiting Auburn men – good kid, right values, blue-collar, hard-working kid. The Auburn Creed is something more than just what you say. I kind of feel like that’s what I am and what we are as a family.
We love everything about Auburn. It’s a great fit for Sheri and the kids. I think it’s just a great fit for all of us. It’s about the Auburn family, the values, the kinds of kids I get to coach. All those things I kept coming back to.

Archived