Davonte Neal

dabrasco

Definitely has amazing vision! He refuses to go down and has some wheels.

I really love the fact that CGC and staff will recruit players from anywhere!

Great vision, great awareness, and OUTSTANDING body control. Wasn't as impressed on the defensive side of the ball, but this young man would make an outstanding addition to the offensive side!!

edit: Also loved the fact that CGM told him if he wanted to redshirt his freshman season to go elsewhere!!

He's amazing--he doesn't really need a hole, just a crack. Imagine what he can do with our new, but by-then-well-seasoned offensive line.

Hope to see both him--and Gus--in two more seasons!

Great vision, great awareness, and OUTSTANDING body control. Wasn't as impressed on the defensive side of the ball, but this young man would make an outstanding addition to the offensive side!!

edit: Also loved the fact that CGM told him if he wanted to redshirt his freshman season to go elsewhere!!

Agreed with the CGM comment -- that's an awesome recruiting pitch! The guy has too good a set of hands to be playing defense. He'll have to learn the offense, of course but he's definately got the bubble screen play down pat already. Terrific open-field runner -- I can see him stepping in & returning punts/KOs immediately. Get on over to track practice, Devonte and try to improve on that 4.3 speed of yours!

I have never seen someone take a bad snap like that and run it in for a TD

Yeah, well I haven't seen anyone come off the edge like he did when blocking the FG either. He has some serious quickness.

Auburn looking at this guy to come in and play immediately.

Before I looked up the information about him, I saw the "play immediately" and thought you meant this year!

Auburn looking at this guy to come in and play immediately.

Before I looked up the information about him, I saw the "play immediately" and thought you meant this year!

I wish and since we have limited scholarships for next year, these are the guys we need to land with them

For those that say "so what" and "I don't let it bother me" to Thayer Evans et al, check out the comments @ the bottom from AZ(!) believing AU is about to be put on probation for recruiting violations. It's not just Bammers spouting that garbage, national publications make believers far & wide

Agreed with the CGM comment -- that's an awesome recruiting pitch! The guy has too good a set of hands to be playing defense. He'll have to learn the offense, of course but he's definately got the bubble screen play down pat already. Terrific open-field runner -- I can see him stepping in & returning punts/KOs immediately. Get on over to track practice, Devonte and try to improve on that 4.3 speed of yours!

:thumbsup: Actually returning a punt!? What a novel concept! :rolleyes:

For those that say "so what" and "I don't let it bother me" to Thayer Evans et al, check out the comments @ the bottom from AZ(!) believing AU is about to be put on probation for recruiting violations. It's not just Bammers spouting that garbage, national publications make believers far & wide

I agree. Only time will fix the damage and there's the unfortunate Reggie Bush case for them to look at. There is no similarity between the two, yet the standard response from the haters is "It took 5 years to get USC. So just you wait!!!"

You can't convince people that want to believe the worst, and they've got that crutch available so that when selected date after selected date when the "hammer is going to drop" passes, they just point at Bush and USC.

I don't see how we recruited so well with all the BS going on, but we did. This should have been the worst year, by next year it will be getting obvious that the deal is over.

We recruited well because we kept all of our coaches. If any mess was going on Gus and Grimes would have jumped ship. The fact that they didn't says alot

I agree it says a lot to us Auburn folks. That we still recruited very well with others using the innuendo and outright lies against us is amazing.

Archived