Catholic Church ready to declare war on Obama

Grumps

Again, the law intends to give consumers the freedom to seek whatever healthcare services they deem appropriate

When consumers start sticking their hand out to have someone else pay for what they deem appropriate, especially when it is elective, I'd say that is outside the bounds of anything remotely constitutional.

You're free to seek whatever you'd like in this country. But don't tell me I have to pay for it -- and even though I'm paying for it -- I don't get a say.

My unwillingness to pay for your elective bedroom behavior in no way inhibits your ability to participate in said behavior.

I elect to exercise via crossfit. It's expensive, but carries with it immense health benefits. Do I have a constitutional right to force you to pay for it? Hell no. Does that mean you're stopping me from seeking it out? Double hell no.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe you should talk to some women.

You can answer the question. You don't have to be a woman to know whether or not someone is deprived of access to something.

And if you're going to go that route, you probably should have said "maybe you should ask a devout Catholic woman."

Would she be one of the 98% who have used birth control?

It's funny that you guys claim that 98% of Catholics us birth control. I bet that 98% of hookers don't use birth control. 98% is one heck of a lot. I saw a poll that said that 98% of 18-24 year olds who go online use social media. Do you really think that more Catholics use birth control than 18-24 years old use Facebook? Do you really? You libs crack me up! :roflol:

Wow, what a little bit of reading will do for you...it seems the 98% figure that is being thrown about to slime Catholics as hypocrites and to attempt to frame the laity as against the leadership...INCLUDES ABSTINENCE AS A TYPE OF CONTRACEPTIVE. Read it and weep, libs. Your own thinktank publishes this drivel. Read closely to see how much spin there is in the figures that are spouted from this stupid study.

Guttmacher Inst. study on contraceptives use

Some interesting tidbits on Ms. Fluke, and backing for the numbers I gave on the actual cost of contraception:

There are times that the stupid in the mainstream media has gone too far.

This is one of them.

Sandra Fluke is an activist who is enrolled at Georgetown University Law Center. Her resume includes graduation from Cornell in 2003 and various feminist activism positions and activities since, many of them facially worthy of recognition. (Note: Wikipedia has been asked to remove her page, so don't be surprised if the top link above dies.)

She was going to "testify" before Darryl Issa's committee on the reproductive provisions in the Health Care law, but Issa killed her testimony because he smelled a rat.

He was right.

Let's start with Sandra herself. It is claimed she was born in 1981. By my math that makes her 30ish. Rather a bit older than an ordinary student at Georgetown, yes?

Second, what's the tuition at Georgetown? For a full-time student, $23,432. Per semester. So we're talking about someone who can afford $47,000 a year in tuition and fees, exclusive of living expenses.

Sandra has maintained that birth control has a roughly $3,000 cost and this is an argument for "mandatory" coverage in health care policies. Really? Birthcontrolbuzz shows that most birth control pills (they have something like a dozen different brands listed!) run about $20/month, or $250/year. (Planned Parenthood concurs, incidentally.) A single IUD (good for up to five years!) sells for about $200, or $50/year. One "Implanon" (Norplant-style stick, which is good for up to three years) and the most-effective female contraception available short of sterilization with a less than 1% failure rate is $233.20, or $77/year.

By the very math you're supposed to learn in third grade or thereabouts this means that better than 99% effective female birth control costs less than half a can of coke a day, or about 21 cents.

How much did Sandra pay for her Latte at Starbucks on the way to "testify" and what is the penalty for perjury before Congress, if I may inquire?

I might also add that none of these female birth control methods do a damn thing toward preventing disease transmission, and having your vagina rot out is far worse than getting pregnant. Some of the forms of rot could actually kill you, give you cervical cancer or otherwise do serious and permanent harm. To attempt to prevent that you will need rubbers, and it is a time-honored practice to expect the man you sleep with to provide them. Every boy learns where they are in the store and goes through the embarrassing motions of buying his first package, usually somewhere around his 16th birthday (whether he actually uses them "as intended" or just buys them to have them -- "just in case.") Any man who claims he doesn't or didn't is either (1) too broke to **** in the first place, (2) unworthy of placing anything in a woman's vagina, or (most likely) both.

Note carefully in the above paragraph that it is expected of men (young and otherwise) to buy their own rubbers. You don't see us whining about the cost of a pack of Trojans and demanding that our "health insurance" pay for them.

Finally, when it comes to colleges, every college I've ever been at has all the rubbers you want for free at the student health center, usually in "fishbowl" sort of thing. Walk in, grab a handful, walk out -- no questions asked.

Never mind that insurance is intended to pay for unintentional circumstances that are not ordinary, expected and intentional.

The last time I checked sex was rather ordinary, expected, and when consensual not an accident at all. In fact, it's exactly what women in general look toward as one of their sacraments. The proclamation that a woman owns her own vagina and may use it (or not) as she wishes is one of those fundamental liberty things, and I not only have no quarrel with it, I agree with that point of view (it's that Libertarian thing about owning oneself, you see.)

But intentional costs are not insurable, any more than you can buy insurance against intentionally setting your own house on fire. They're also not something you get to shift off onto other people via government mandates in a free society. We're not even talking about "unfortunate and thus not-real accidents" here (e.g. someone who eats themselves up to 500lbs and winds up with perfectly-foreseeable diabetes and heart disease) -- no, this is demanding that others pay for intentional and premeditated acts in advance, along with the means to commit them.

This is, more or less, like demanding your health insurance company supply you with cigarettes at zero cost!

Pick your female contraception from the above -- they're all in the range of $50-250/year, and the most-effective form available, the "norplant" style, is under $100/year.

$3,600? That was a bald-faced lie that was intended to run in front of Issa. And what's worse, Sandra appears to be a professional agitator and since she can afford nearly $50,000 a year to go to "school" (at age 30) she can sure as hell pay $100 for her own intentional and premeditated acts, exactly as every single man from 15 years old forward has been expected to do for the last 50 years.

Oh, and before I finish up, does Sandra have an iPhone with a $100/month service contract? If so, and if her "friend" does so as well, may I inquire why that $100/month service contract is something she should pay for with her own money while her contraception is not?

Sandra may not be a slut or a prostitute, as Limbaugh appeared to claim, but she sure as hell is a mendacious *******.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=202968

Mark Shea summarizes it well:

So a fake testifies before Congress with fake testimony about her fake need for Catholics at a Catholic university to simultaneously stay out of her bedroom, yet subsidize her birth control. The hearings were, of course, as fake as a three dollar bill too, designed to gin up support for Obama’s fake claims that the Church is under some moral compulsion to pretend that contraceptives are “health care”.

In response, a professional blowhard, being overly blowhardish, forgets the first rule of political discourse, which is that it doesn’t matter how much a fake your opponent is if you are still perceived as a bully and a scoundrel for impugning the honor of a helpless damsel in distress. For days, he makes the mistake conservatives increasingly make and chooses to hate his opponent rather than defeat her.

Result: newly minted feminist icon gets the Poor Dear treatment from a media that is shocked!–shocked!–at blowhard’s boorish and brutal treatment of the fake. Andrew Sullivan, who has literally spent years, micro-analyzing the gynecology of Sarah Palin is suddenly fake horrified. The Obama Administration, fresh from receiving a million bucks from that feminist knight in shining armor Bill Maher, registered fake concern over mean blowhard. Sundry GOP and conservative luminaries and sponsors back slowly away or bolt and run.

Blowhard, finally sensing that he has not actually helped advance the cause of defeating the fake, offers tepid apology. Much fake breastbeating about “civility” from allies of the fake ensues as the political corpse of blowhard is dragged through the streets in triumph.

Meanwhile, the fake who testified before Congress remains a fake and the preposterous claim she is trying to make–that Catholics are simultaneously bound to mind their own business about her sex life while paying for it–goes studiously ignored by the fakes in the media whose job is not to inform, but to sell beer and shampoo and enforce unit cohesion on behalf of the sexual revolution.

An absolute festival of fakery.

All that said, if anything good comes out of this, it may be the breaking of the blowhard’s baleful and increasingly inexplicable grip on the right. But who will break the grip of the utter and complete fakes on the Left?

• 5 weeks later...

This Jewish guy gets it:

Today it is contraception and the morning-after pill. Tomorrow it will be kosher slaughter, or matrilineal descent, or circumcision, or other matters of existential importance to Jewish observance. If the Obama administration gets away with forcing Catholic institutions to step across lines of life and death in the name of “health,” the federal government will have a precedent to legislate Judaism out of existence — as several other countries have already tried to do...

http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/02/19/memo-to-jews-after-they-come-for-the-catholic-church-they-will-come-for-us/?singlepage=

All people of goodwill should side with the Church on this. Because they’re next.

Over 20,000 teenage girls applied for MTV's 16 and pregnant

How many of them work for a Catholic charity?

Priest don't have to worry about birth control

This Jewish guy gets it:

Today it is contraception and the morning-after pill. Tomorrow it will be kosher slaughter, or matrilineal descent, or circumcision, or other matters of existential importance to Jewish observance. If the Obama administration gets away with forcing Catholic institutions to step across lines of life and death in the name of “health,” the federal government will have a precedent to legislate Judaism out of existence — as several other countries have already tried to do...

http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/02/19/memo-to-jews-after-they-come-for-the-catholic-church-they-will-come-for-us/?singlepage=

All people of goodwill should side with the Church on this. Because they’re next.

It truly saddens me that virtually no one seems to care about this issue. Have you noticed that the libs don't ask anymore about what freedoms are being taken away? They know EXACTLY what freedoms are being obliterated. I guess it's okay since they are doing it only because they know it is what is best for us. :rolleyes:

This Jewish guy gets it:

It truly saddens me that virtually no one seems to care about this issue. Have you noticed that the libs don't ask anymore about what freedoms are being taken away? They know EXACTLY what freedoms are being obliterated. I guess it's okay since they are doing it only because they know it is what is best for us. :rolleyes:

I remember your outrage under bush

This Jewish guy gets it:

Well if you remember it then please remind us all about my outrage. Please be specific so that I look REALLY bad.

This Jewish guy gets it:

Well if you remember it then please remind us all about my outrage. Please be specific so that I look REALLY bad.

Don't need any help

This Jewish guy gets it:

Don't need any help

That's what I thought.

While you are king of the smartass, off topic reply, you consistently fall short when pressed to give anything resembling facts or serious thought

While you are king of the smartass, off topic reply, you consistently fall short when pressed to give anything resembling facts or serious thought

just wondering about violations of religious doctrine

You made a smart remark about the number of 16 year olds that applied for a TV show about teen pregnancy. I pointed out to you, in a similarly snarky fashion, that whether this religious conscience exemption was restored to how it has been historically interpreted or not, it wouldn't have had any impact since I'd gather than few to none of them are employed by Catholic charities.

In typical fashion, you just flitted to another flower instead of acknowledging that your remark was a non sequitur.

You made a smart remark about the number of 16 year olds that applied for a TV show about teen pregnancy. I pointed out to you, in a similarly snarky fashion, that whether this religious conscience exemption was restored to how it has been historically interpreted or not, it wouldn't have had any impact since I'd gather than few to none of them are employed by Catholic charities.

In typical fashion, you just flitted to another flower instead of acknowledging that your remark was a non sequitur.

Here arnie, you will need this.

I'm sorry, I thought this was about protecting church "doctrine"

Archived