2013 5* S Vonn Bell (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, article on Rivals says he has a lot of interest in Auburn, connected well with coach Martinez over the phone and spoke with Vangorder briefly as well. He loves Cam Newton and people tell him they look and smile alike, it was a very good sounding article.

Big time Safety picked up AU offer today per @KeithRIVALS..

21nmszr.jpg

Vonn Bell, S

Rossville, GA

6'1 / 190 / 4.4

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Maryland, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCLA and Vanderbilt, among others.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Bell had 119 tackles, intercepted five passes, caused three fumbles and returned three of his five fumble recoveries for touchdowns in the 2011 season. He also had 31 catches for 487 yards and six other TDs. During offseason workouts, Mariakis said Bell was timed in 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard

dash.

"He's just that talented that he could make an impact on either side of the ball," said Mariakis, who has former players currently on the rosters at Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma State. "He's the best we've ever had here. The things that separate him are his speed to the ball, his ability to lay a lick when he gets that and his knack for making the sure tackle. Tackling is almost a lost art because so many guys try to just knock people down, but Vonn locks up and drives them backward. He finishes the play, and he's also very dangerous with the ball in his hands.

"He's a quality kid as far as his character and has that inner drive to want to be better on the field and off."

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/feb/02/saban-calls-bell-with-alabama-offer/

Recruiting Profiles:

247Sports

ESPN

Rivals

Scout

Notes:

- Vonn Bell was invited to play in the Under Armour All-American Game and has accepted.

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w7SbwTUHGdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N4G5YpbZgd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kid is a beast... Watch at the 3:10 mark... A thick RB gets a full head of steam, hits Bell and knocks him back a couple yards, but recovers and slams the RB on his back!

The way the rivals article sounds, he has major interest in us.  I would not be surprised if he signs with AU.  His numbers are ridiculous.  119 tackles, intercepted 5 passes, caused 3 fumbles and returned 3 of his 5 fumble recoveries for touchdowns in 2011.  Bell was timed at a 4.4 in the 40.

sounds like he's very interested and I couldn't be happier!! I've been wondering why in the world we hadn't offered this kid! He's a flat out beast and true safety. Easily top 5 at his position.

If he's going to be at junior day, I would expect him to walk away with an offer.  I'm ready to see some CBVG and CWM headhunters in our defensive backfield!  (oh yeah, and some turning of the heads to see the ball, interceptions, and wrapping up at the point of contact.......................that's all, i don't expect much  ;D)

This kid definitly has a nose for the football, whether its in the air, on the ground, or in someone elses hands.  This is a most sought-after quality.

War Eagle

This kid definitly has a nose for the football, whether its in the air, on the ground, or in someone elses hands.  This is a most sought-after quality.

War Eagle

My friend he is a ballhawk.

Vonn had originally planned on visiting Georgia this weekend but after the Auburn offer changed his plans. Will be at AU jr day

@bartonsimmons

Wow, that seems pretty significant.

I saw on twitter that a DB who is a 10 yr NFL vet that was helping one of the recruiting services by watching some film was watching film all day and out of nowhere comes out and says "who in the H*LL is Von Bell?!?!"

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Vonn-Bell-135878;_ylt=AhGL7dj76RdsuwCl0qpBmgQ_rJB4

Here's his profile on rivals.  Strange that, at least according to them, it seems we haven't offered yet.

We've definitely offered. There was a premium article on Rivals about how ecstatic he was about it.

Archived