2013 5* S Vonn Bell (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

Is Cortez Leonard not a serious possibility??

Mississippi State is a heavy, heavy favorite right now.

We could probably get him if we went after him but I don't think we are.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could probably get him if we went after him but I don't think we are.

Agreed!

One last question because I know it is a VB thread, if we missed on higher targets such as Bell and Matthews, would we stand a good chance of becoming Leonard's leader over MSU??

One last question because I know it is a VB thread, if we missed on higher targets such as Bell and Matthews, would we stand a good chance of becoming Leonard's leader over MSU??

That would assume our coaches would be going after him but as of now like aubfan and I said, that does not appear to be the case.

I say that if we miss on matthews and/or bell then we don't worry about it, we are rather deep at the safety position anyway, I just think VBG wants one that is the size he and Martinez want so that they can "bring him up right".

Who's on our board after Bell & Mathews?

The only ones I can think of is Cam Luper, Jayron Kearse, and Cortez Leonard.

Also I believe Jason Smith could play Safety. He is supposed to commit anytime now so we could be done at safety if we miss on Bell and Matthews.

What about Lemond Johnson? I thought he was projected to be a safety.

Does Luper have an official visit set up for us?

Nope, he wanted to take all of his unofficial visits first but his family couldn't afford transportation to get him here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Released his top 7 today: Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Vanderbilt and Clemson

Would love to see him on the field for us, but oh well. I wish Vonn all the best (until he lines up across from us). Good luck and God bless.

War Eagle!!!!

I say that if we miss on matthews and/or bell then we don't worry about it, we are rather deep at the safety position anyway, I just think VBG wants one that is the size he and Martinez want so that they can "bring him up right".

Missing on Matthews and Bell is far and away the most likely scenario.  Jalen Ramsey is still a possibility if he visits,  but you have to like USC's chances. 

• 2 months later...

Rivals says he has low interest in us and Scout says no interest, but ellitor, what is an accurate read on his interest level with us? Has he developed any kind of friendships with our commits (particularly Foster and Lawson)? I hope we can sign him!

Rivals says he has low interest in us and Scout says no interest, but ellitor, what is an accurate read on his interest level with us? Has he developed any kind of friendships with our commits (particularly Foster and Lawson)? I hope we can sign him!

Keep an eye out for 23's posts. He is who I get info from.

Archived