not looking good for Rolando

kickinwang

McClain’s Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty, Agrees To Testify

Rolando McClain will now stand trial alone in Decatur Municipal Court. His co-defendant, Jaradious Willingham, pleaded guilty shortly after 9 a.m. and agreed to testify against McClain.

The judge is also allowing prosecutors and defense attorneys to meet for a few minutes, since they have not spoken face-to-face until today.

As McClain arrived at court this morning, WHNT News 19 asked him if he had any comment about the proceeding, and he said no. Neither did his attorney, Harvey Steinberg, who is based out of Denver, Colorado and represents NFL players in legal matters.

Municipal Judge Billy Cook is presiding over the trial.

McClain and Willingham will stand trial on charges stemming from an attack on November 30, 2011 n Decatur. Cell phone video showing the attacked surfaced on Wednesday, one day before the trial. The victim is Rishard Tapscott. His attorney says the video shows Willingham brutally beating Tapscott, after Willingham and McClain insisted Tapscott agree to fight either McClain or Willingham. McClain allegedly directed Willingham to beat up Tapscott.

Attorney Carl Cole is representing Tapscott in a civil lawsuit against Willingham and McClain for unspecified damages related to the attack. Decatur prosecutors are representing Tapscott in this criminal trial.

McClain played football for Decatur High School and the University of Alabama, and now plays for the Oakland Raiders. He is charged with assault, reckless endangerment, menacing, and wrongful discharge of a firearm related to the incident last November as well as charges related to a traffic violation last May.

link

anyone else not shocked that this is nowhere to be found on al.com but they found time to publish a story about Nick Fairley's court date being set for weed possession?

guilty on all charges, looking like 180 days in jail.

And I hope he has to serve every second.

As do I.

I'm curious to see what happens when Roger Goodell weighs in on it.

guilty on all charges, looking like 180 days in jail.

And I hope he has to serve every second.

As do I.

I'm curious to see what happens when Roger Goodell weighs in on it.

Half the season probably

Archived