Have a great summer!!

Argo

I've decided to take off for the summer. I came on here at the start of the football season and pretty much declared this place my message board home, even though I am a guest. There's been a TON of great football talk, and some good natured ribbing in the 'shed. I must say, the recent weeks has turned into the 'shed all over the board, and I have contributed to it greatly. For that I apologize. Maybe with one less rival poster on this board, things will calm down like they should be during the off-season. Either way, I'll still lurk from time to time and I will be back posting again when football season nears. Thanks to the many of you for being kind to a Tide Fan.

War Eagle to y'all, Roll Tide for me, and have a great summer!! B)B)

Make sure you don't stay gone. I, for one, enjoy the decent rival fans that frequent here.

See you in, oh...72 days or so... ;)

I haven't noticed an elevation in smack talk. It's probably just because you have been involved in some of it that you feel there has been more than usual.

Personally, I think you're worried about nothing, but you do what feels right to you. Come back as soon as you're ready.

I can relate tidefan24. I declare a moratorium on February 1st each year and don't discuss football. Or I should say, I usually don't. I do happen to live in close proximity and have been friends with War Tim for the past 17 years so there have been some breeches of my moratorium. And yes you can tell that even includes recruiting.

This year has been different however, because of this board. I joined during last season and check the site everyday and do a lot of lurking and try not to get caught up in the offseason discussions. I will look on the politics and random ramblings and comment some there.

Luckily for me, I guess, I wasn't born here and didn't bleed college football from day one so it's not life or death for me like it is for some. I think it's easy to get caught up in ones fandom and start taking things personal and attacking others and what started out as fun gets carried away into running battles with folks and sorta gets away from the great discussion that goes on here that is educational and entertaining for a lot of people. This is America, and everyone's entitled to an opinion, so people ought to just express them and not get carried away in personal diatribes against each other.

I'm a fairly intelligent and even half way well educated man and there's not a day that goes by when I don't find something out that I didn't know here on the board. Being an election year even makes it better. There are a wide range of views here and I enjoy seeing people explain why they believe the way they do.

Anyway I rambled on that way to say this. Have a good summer yourself tidefan24 and we'll keep a light on for ya.

Archived