Auburn - Texas Pan-America

AUSportTalk

I believe this is the worst crowd I have ever seen in Beard-Eaves history!! HAHA!! There might be 1,000 people here about 13,000 less than the womens game on Saturday

from what I heard...not getting rebounds. lost speed on offense and didn't really give it all we had  :banghead: we were up by more than 10 for the longest time but could not score. I also heard that we got a little greedy and went for some 3's when we couldnt afford taking chances...I really hope this is a wake up all because everyone agrees we were horrible...

How can this AU team take anyone lightly?  They have not been very impressive against anyone this year, at least not consistently.  They have won games by quite a bit, but then they lose games we have no business losing.  If this team is cocky, someone please explain to me why. I hope Lebo had them running stairs until they threw up. When we are ranked #1 in the country then maybe we can be forgiven for looking past someone and still sliding by.  Give me a break guys, show up or you will get beat by everyone else the rest of the season.

No matter what your ranked or how tough your games have been whether you win or lose. When you go up against a team with a worse record, you tend to not give it your all. I'm not saying this is what happened mind you but from the little bit i got to see, it didn't look like they had their hearts in it until it was almost to late IMO.

No matter what your ranked or how tough your games have been whether you win or lose. When you go up against a team with a worse record, you tend to not give it your all. I'm not saying this is what happened mind you but from the little bit i got to see, it didn't look like they had their hearts in it until it was almost to late IMO.

I understand this from that point of view, but our team is not good enough to play a night off because we don't typically play a team worse than us.  I love Auburn and I really enjoy AU basketball, but it is the truth.  We have potential, but just have not shown much in a long time.  Taking a night off is easy, but Lebo needs to make sure this nonsense doesn't happen again. 

One thing I heard about how the great teams continue to be great teams is "if you stay hungry, you stay fed."  This is how you win against no matter the opposition.  These guys need to have a desire that is unmatched the rest of the year if they want to make a difference in AU basketball.

Whose fault is it that this team isn't living up to their potential?

I'll give you one guess, and it is not the players.

I think that answer rhymes with Bebo.  I would have to blame him for not having the team ready.  As already stated, we are no where near the team that should be looking past anyone.

:wedance:

Archived