New Coaches

auburn4ever

What's your opinons on our new coaches? I think hiring Thigpen and Lolley are really awesome hires. Thigpen is known to be a great recruiting and coach and Lolley knows Auburn very well and he coached alot of great players from 02 to 04. He also helped us sign players in north Alabama and parts of Tennessee like Brentwood, Nashville and else where. It would be great to see us get back in Tennessee land some more of their top recruits. Heck, we might get our foot in the door in Memphis.

Let me start by saying that I was hoping we would hire CTG. The first time I heard his name I started doing some research on him and the man is of the highest character and a winner in every aspect of life. I was mad for about two days when CGC was announced. I finally started doing more research on him and came to the conclusion that CGC was also that same sort of man. I now believe that we got the better fit for our team.

The thing that most impresses me about the coaching staff is not who was hired(a great, great staff) but how it was done. IMHO CGC has provided us with a world class staff and effort. I admire his decision making skills thus far and know that it is still GREAT to be an AUBURN TIGER!!!

:wedance:

I have to be honest, I was really upset when Jacobs hired Gene. I think I was more upset at Jacobs then with Gene. Then on top of everything else, I became even hotter hearing crap on ESPN whith Finebaum in front of the march. Remember when he was on outside the lines? I was hotter then then pot of water.

Outstanding hires!  The UNC folks are very upset to lose this guy.  He is an amazing recruiter and a very good coach.  Lolley did a wonderful job holding things together during the coaching change transition and has very good relationships with schools in Alabama.  Not to mention, he is not too shabby a coach himself.

I love the emphasis on the state of alabama.  Nothing makes me more sick that seeing 7 of the top 8 players in the state going to UAT.  Makes me mad.  I hope we don't have to see that anymore.  :wedance:

Now that we have a great staff in place, the million $ question is how well will they coach when we kick it off on Sept. 5th against Louisiana Tech.

Archived