Tickets for the NIT Tourney

AUSportTalk

Tickets will go on sale Monday morning on-line at www.auburntigers.com and at the Auburn athletic department ticket office. Reserved tickets are $15 in Sections 29-33 lower level, $10 general admission for the rest of the building and $5 for college students and those 18 and under.

Hopefully enough fans will show up to let our team know that there is something still worth playing for. Lets show that selection committee what a big mistake they made and get a great start on next year.

:believe:

Atleast we are a #1 seed hopefully we can win the NIT!!! :wedance::believe:

Meh...I hope they go far in the Not Invited Tourney.  I just can't get excited about it.  The only good I can see, is building on for next year.  Win it all and you are still the 66th best team in the country.

:dunno:

I can't say I agree with you TungstenGT. I know for a fact that we are alot better than some of the teams that are in the NCAA Tourney. The only reason we didn't get in is b/c there are so many Automatic Bids. If you think about it, the Auburn women won the NIT a couple years ago and have been building on it ever since and look where they are now. Playing in the NIT is great experience especially if you make it to the Final Four in New York b/c you are playing on a big stage and everyone is watching. It will be helpful for all the players coming back next year and for recruiting around the country.

Couldn't agree with you more SportTalk, this is extra practice and playing time for the returning players and gives them tournement type experience. For our under classmen that will have to step up next year this is invaluable! I do have one question for anyone who might know. Can the transfers that are currently on the team who wern't eligiable this year be able to play in the NIT as it is post season play?

:believe:

does everyone understand how the two tournaments are setup? Geez... obviously the best 64/5 teams are not in the NCAA tourney due to all the automatic bids and winning the NIT would be huge for us (a program that has been mediocre at BEST the last 4-5 years).

Guys, we were one of the worst teams in the SEC at the start of the year.  Just because we got hot at the end does not mean that we necessarily deserved a bid.  Sure we did great down the stretch, but a month and a half ago we would have killed for an NIT bid.  I said this a month ago that we should plan on an NIT bid, gear up for next year and compete for the SEC and NCAA.  Guys this is the best AU basketball has ever looked.  We were deserving of an NCAA selection, but teams better than us got left out too.  This is a necessary stepping stone.  You don't go from laughing stock for 4 years and then all of a sudden deserve to go to the tournament.  Get real guys, lets win the NIT and build for next year!!!

Archived